Montblanc Writing Sample - Fine Nib?????

Old December 17th 05, 06:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default Montblanc Writing Sample - Fine Nib?????

Is it possible that the Montblanc that I recently purchased with a fine nib
actually has a "Fine" sized nib?

What to you think?

http://members.impulse.net/~creynold...s/File0124.jpg

I'm thinking that it is actually a medium.

Cliff

--

__O
_-\,_

Old December 17th 05, 12:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

"Cliff Reynolds" wrote in message
Is it possible that the Montblanc that I recently purchased with a fine
nib
actually has a "Fine" sized nib?

What to you think?

http://members.impulse.net/~creynold...s/File0124.jpg

I'm thinking that it is actually a medium.

Cliff

Looks finer than my medium (which is pretty broad) so, maybe yes!

SalesGuy

Old December 17th 05, 03:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

"Cliff Reynolds" wrote in message
Is it possible that the Montblanc that I recently purchased with a fine

nib
actually has a "Fine" sized nib?

What to you think?

http://members.impulse.net/~creynold...s/File0124.jpg

I'm thinking that it is actually a medium.

Cliff

It looks more like a medium to me but I'm not familiar with Montblanc nib
sizes.
Perhaps if you flush it out and try a different ink it might feed slower.
Inks can make a big difference. If that doesn't correct or change the size
I'd return it for a EF nib.
My Pelikan fine also seems finer that your's and makes me think ink. It
could also be the paper.

Terry

--
The address is bogus so remove the excess.

Old December 17th 05, 04:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Quite right. Example: In my user Parker 51 aero, Noodler's black writes what
I would describe as a fine line but it trends toward a distinct medium when
loaded with Swisher's North Sea Blue which is also manufactured by
Noodler's. The absorbency of the paper will also make a great deal of
difference.

I have several Pelikans and their fine nibs are more akin to what a North
American would describe as a medium. I think this is true of many German
made pens. The suggestion of moving to an EF nib to obtain the line you
desire is a good one.

Gordon

Old December 17th 05, 08:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that I've heard that the Pelikans
are finer than many of the other pens. As said could be wrong thou. I
had a med MB 145 and if this was indeed a M you would know for sure. I
sent it back to MB and had them change the nib for a fine. Looking at
the sample, hard to really tell for sure, but looks to be a fine. Like
some of the others have written thou different inks can also make a
difference as well. Some nibs being more sensitive to this sort of
thing than others. My .02 worth, no more and very possibly less.

kwhiner

Old December 18th 05, 04:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

All,

Thank you very much for the advice. I have a local collector friend who
tested the pen this afternoon. He too agrees that it is almost definitly a
"fine" nib. What I have noticed is that the Montblanc nib is much more
flexible than I am used to (my everday pen has been a Pelikan M200 - fine).
I notice that when I make a concious effort to reduce pressure on the nib, I
am able to prodice a much finer line. I would not have arrived at that
conclusion on my own though. So thank you to everyone for your comments and
advice.

Cliff

ups.com...