Review: Pelikan ink roller

Old April 23rd 08, 11:21 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Review: Pelikan ink roller

Specs:

Length capped: 5-1/8 inches
Length uncapped: 4-11/16 inches
Length posted: 5-7/8 inches
Diameter: approx. 3/8 inch on the grip
Weight with short standard international cartridge: 0.305 oz
Weight of long standard international cartridge: .07 oz.

I ordered this only because the line was supposed to be finer than that laid
down by the Kaweco Sport ink roller, discovering that line width for ink
rollers is strongly dependent on the ink used. Using the short cartridge
that came with the Kaweco, the line is just as broad as the Kaweco made.
However, I have to use more pressure because it often skips if I don't.

The pen is utilitarian in appearance with a black plastic cap and a
translucent dark turquoise barrel (other barrel colors are available). The
clip is plastic and feels like it would break if handled carelessly, but
makes a nice, clear, sharp, clicking sound when played with. The grip
section is ridged which isn't comfortable especially because I have to use
more pressure than with the Kaweco. The long cartridge supplied is solid,
not translucent, so I'm not likely to use it soon because I like to see my
ink levels and I have other empty cartridges I can use when the short cart
is empty.

I don't know what makes a pen a good candidate for conversion to an ED, but
as long as I'm planning to buy o-rings for my Preppy and Petit1s, I don't
see anything about this IR that precludes it from being converted, too. Will
report back when I try.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.