What to do?

Old December 13th 03, 07:01 AM
bob

Default What to do?

When I was young I was into stamp collecting. My mom's uncle was too, and
he gave me some of his stuff. I haven't had any real interest in this
hobby for 20 years now, and I don't know what to do with it.

I've got a stack plate blocks an inch or so thick. Mostly they're 10 cent
to 13 cent blocks of 10 stamps with the numbered margins.

I've also got a number of older blocks of 4 with a number in the corner.

I've got some sheets that were stored stacked up, and have become glued
together. I've got some USPS "collectors" booklets from the 70s, and I've
got some canceled stamps from various countries that I collected in the
70s.

Probably the coolest thing I have is the sheet of "Washington Crossing
the Deleware." The sheet is postmarked in Philadelphia May 29, 1976.

I really don't know about stamps anymore. I don't have any interest
inkeeping this stuff any longer.

So my question is: How should I dispose of it?

Options I can think of include: A) use it for postage B) sell it on Ebay
in a big lot C) sell it on ebay in small lots D) sell it to a dealer.

If a dealer is the way to go, are there any reputable dealers I can just
send the stuff to, and not worry about bein taken advantage of?

Thanks for any help

Bob

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bob

--
Delete the inverse SPAM to reply
Old December 16th 03, 05:25 AM
bob

J. A. Mc. wrote in
:

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 06:01:28 -0000, bob
found these unused words floating about:

[...]

There's nothing here "to bein taken advantage of".

Use what you can for postage, OTW it's 85% of face.

Soak the stuck sheets, use a glue stick.

Used - donate to kids.

Thanks!

Bob

--