Philatelic Charges of the Maltapost. Elton John Sheet.

Old July 12th 03, 07:02 AM
Victor Manta

Default Philatelic Charges of the Maltapost. Elton John Sheet.

"Philatelic Charges
For any order for the affixing of stamps on any envelope, card.
aerogramme, or other item of postal stationery.
For anu order for the supply of mint and/or cancelled stamps
and postal stationery with stamps affixed there on. 5% of Value of Stamps"

Source: http://www.maltapost.com/postageboxes.html

A philatelic friendly policy indeed... Or maybe not?

BTW, Maltapost has issued on the 1st of July a miniature sheet dedicated to
Elton John:

http://www.maltapost.com/elton/

Victor Manta

PS. For a really friendly PA, eventually take a look at the policy of the UN
Geneva:

http://www.values.ch/Countries/Unit-Nat/un-slogans.htm

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
1900 Links Online: http://pwmo.org/weblinks/links.asp
Art on Stamps: http://values.ch
Romania Shown by Its Stamps: http://marci-postale.com
Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/

Old July 12th 03, 08:52 AM
A.M.Heindorff

Victor Manta wrote in message
"Philatelic Charges
For any order for the affixing of stamps on any envelope, card.
aerogramme, or other item of postal stationery.
For anu order for the supply of mint and/or cancelled stamps
and postal stationery with stamps affixed there on. 5% of Value of Stamps"

Source: http://www.maltapost.com/postageboxes.html

I understand this as if you ask GibPost to affix any
particular stamp to the cover containing your order
from their site, you will be charged for that. To me
that's fair enough.

If you order stamps or philatelic material without
particular wishes for franking the cover to be shipped
to you, you just pay the price of the material you have
bought, i.e. the price stated for the individual items
bought.

Mette

Old July 12th 03, 09:41 AM
A.M.Heindorff

Victor Manta wrote in message
"A.M.Heindorff" wrote in message
Victor Manta wrote in message

- snip -

I understand this as IF you have ordered some stamps (like "mint and/or
cancelled stamps and postal stationery") from the Maltapost, and IF you

wish
that they put stamps on the envelope in which they send you the ordered
material, THEN you have to pay a supplementary price just for the fact

that
they have put you a stamp (actually, any one!) on that envelope.

Please notice the "For anu order for the supply of mint and/or cancelled
stamps...", which means that all these ones, or at least the mint ones,
aren't supplied on the covers, but inside of them. Bizarre, indeed.

Vielleicht doch eine schwierige Sprache und zwar für alle... :-)

Meinen Sie die englische oder deutsche Sprache? ;-)
Wie gewöhnlich, Sie haben Ihre Meinung, und ich die
meinige. Aber fragen Sie doch an die Malta Post :-)

Ann Mette Heindorff

Old July 12th 03, 10:11 AM
Victor Manta

I have meant that the language in which this announcement was written seems
difficult to understand, at least to me. Maybe a native from Malta ;-) can
enlighten us. TIA.

Victor Manta

PS. Sie meinten warscheinlich, dass Sie üblicherweise eine konträre Meinung
haben :-)))

[...]

(V.M.)

Old July 12th 03, 10:29 AM
A.M.Heindorff

Victor Manta wrote in message
I have meant that the language in which this announcement was written

seems
difficult to understand, at least to me. Maybe a native from Malta ;-) can
enlighten us. TIA.

Victor Manta

PS. Sie meinten warscheinlich, dass Sie üblicherweise eine konträre

Meinung
haben :-)))

Immer!! -- genau wie Sie :-)))

Ann Mette Heindorff

Old July 12th 03, 11:05 AM
Malte Tanner

"Victor Manta" schrieb in
:

BTW, Maltapost has issued on the 1st of July a miniature sheet
dedicated to Elton John:

http://www.maltapost.com/elton/

/joke mode on/

Next one to be released on stamp from the UK:

Rod Stewart :-)

/joke mode off/

Do they now to start to get mad at Philatelic bureaus? When does Robbie
Williams come on stamp? Or when does Fleetwood Mac come on stamp?

Questions over questions :-)

In my stamp auctions at Delcampe site (www.delcampe.com) I start also
placing VFU stamps from Germany, many stamps, also musicians in my
auctions, philosophers such as Nietzsche, many European Union stamps,
mostly recent years. I know I am in the wrong group for that but maybe
some philatelists here find the way to my auctions.

Greetz,

Malte Tanner

--
http://www.delcampe.com/shops/markenfreund
Old July 12th 03, 06:09 PM
Malte Tanner

"Victor Manta" schrieb in
:

Actually, why not have Rod Stewart, Robbie Williams or Fleetwood Mac,
etc., issued by their countries of origin or by countries where they
were in concert.

This would be the next omnibus series then, cause all of the artists
named here toured worldwide, I am sure if that comes through, the
authorites would pick outta money the collector again.

There is for sure a certain, sometimes high, demand
for such stamps.

Yes, sure. Think of the stamp collector who grew up with the artists
during their youth for example. I am one of them as I am 35 years of age.

If they won't be issued by the more or less serious
PA's, then this opens the way for the very doubtful producers or
illegals and excessive stamps.

There are already some. Just got some comic looking stamps with Micheal
Jackson on from certain Russian countries which are not listed in the
Michel Osteuropa Catalogue or not in the Asian one in.

Malte
Old July 13th 03, 09:22 PM
TC

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 08:02:09 +0200, "Victor Manta"
wrote:

[...]

I assume the four "stamps" on the sheet (upper right) are labels,
as I see no denomination on them.

The Maltese Lira (Pound) is currently $2.50 US, so the denomination
of the stamp (lower left) is L1.50 ($3.75 USD). This denomination
seems pretty high, if this is the domestic, first step rate to Malta.
It's even high for the first step rate to the UK.

Blair

Old July 13th 03, 09:22 PM
TC

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:24:58 +0200, "Victor Manta"
wrote:

[...]

This sounds like "shipping and handling" fees to me.

Blair