V200 low volume

Old September 29th 08, 05:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default V200 low volume

Hello. I recently picked up a rebuilt amp and selection receiver for
my V200.The gent who did the rebuild recently passed away so I
obviously cannot ask him. Even with the volume pot cranked right up
the volume is just not loud enough. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Old September 29th 08, 03:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Rich Klestinez

"John Robertson" wrote in message
wrote:
Hello. I recently picked up a rebuilt amp and selection receiver for
my V200.The gent who did the rebuild recently passed away so I
obviously cannot ask him. Even with the volume pot cranked right up
the volume is just not loud enough. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Hmmm, been a while (year or so) since I last looked at a V, but the KD
model (next in the series) had a small preamp that is mounted just in
front of the tone arm support - if the V also has that preamp, then I beet
you did not send it in for a rebuild and it needs new capacitors
installed.

Alternatively make sure the speaker switch is set correctly (if present).

And - if you have a voltmeter - that you have at least 350VDC on at least
one pin of the 6L6 output tubes. If that is low then this could be a
symptom of a problem with the B+.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

There is no preamp board in the V200.

There are a bunch of things that can cause low volume in a V-200, HFMA1 amp
combination.
Lets try this first and see what happens.
Put a record in play and turn the volume up half way with the AVC switch in
the ON position.. then pull out the 6SK7 tube. The sound level should
increase substantially. (it is ok to pull out a tube when the amp is on but
NOT to put it back in when the amp is on). If "No Joy" then pull out the
mute plug and see if the volume goes up. If it does then there is a short
somewhere either at the mute plug or on the switches on the mech or the
harness. (misadjusted/bent switches are a common problem). There are
several other things also.
Feel free to call me at area code 817 Pnumber 737-5172.( I am semi-retired
now and have some free time) Have your V200 manual handy and I will walk
you through several other tests. It still may be the amp, but, we need to
rule out as much of the other possibilities before coming to that
conclusion.

Rich Klestinez
The Amp Man
Jukebox repair since 1975
(myname, no spaces, all lower caps) (at) charter.net

Needed: Seeburg V200 or VL200 drum and other V200 parts Nimko Juke Boxes 0 June 1st 08 12:11 PM
WTB: Seeburg V200 Oil Can James Juke Boxes 0 December 24th 04 04:11 AM
WTB: Seeburg remote volume controls for M100C, HF100R, V200, and 222 David Gotto Juke Boxes 2 May 21st 04 01:53 AM
WTB: Seeburg V200 CA Gale Juke Boxes 0 February 4th 04 03:51 AM
v200 robert young Juke Boxes 0 September 23rd 03 08:42 AM