Seeburg FC2 Hutch

Old October 17th 11, 05:42 PM
Bob Raney Bob Raney is offline
Member

Location: Southern Ca
Default Seeburg FC2 Hutch

Does anyone have any info about this "Hutch" jukebox? Found a freebie but wonder if it's worth dragging it out from a third floor apartment. Very little info on-line about these 1976 Seeburg's. Never worked on a Seeburg before but the "free" temptation is getting to me. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob
Old October 18th 11, 01:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jeremy Agema

--
Bob Raney

Hi Bob, What would you like to know?

Basic info - Apart from the cabinet and trim that juke is the same as
most Seeburgs from the mid 70's. These models will probably never
fetch a high dollar value at auction but I think they are cool and
different. The sound probably won't be that great as the speakers are
seperate components (like home stereo speakers). The mech will
probably need a good cleaning and lube. The amp and power supply will
need new caps at a mininum. Before you move it I would remove the
mech, power supply, and amp - everything has plugs. The Seeburg
service manual is excellent - but there is no troubleshooting info.
The amp can be the hardest to repair on these. The late Tony Miller
wrote an excellent book on repairing of these amps plus his other
books on Seeburgs are just as good.

I have worked on some 70's Seeburgs, check out the photos of when I
worked on a 1976 Sunstar

http://s542.photobucket.com/albums/g...20STD3%201976/

Feel free to check out my other photos as well

You are welcome to email me directly if you want.

Have fun and I hope you go for it.

Jeremy Agema
Old October 18th 11, 05:31 PM
Bob Raney Bob Raney is offline
Member

Location: Southern Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Agema View Post
wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info Jeremy. I e-mailed you with other questions. Thanks
Old October 19th 11, 10:33 AM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Raney View Post
Thanks for the info Jeremy. I e-mailed you with other questions. Thanks
Hi Bob,

The 1976 Seeburg FC2 Hutch jukebox looks a bit of a joke with regards to the cabinet but it is worth picking up if only for the parts to use on other seeburg jukeboxes of that era.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old October 20th 11, 03:41 PM
Bob Raney Bob Raney is offline
Member

Location: Southern Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hood View Post
Hi Bob,

The 1976 Seeburg FC2 Hutch jukebox looks a bit of a joke with regards to the cabinet but it is worth picking up if only for the parts to use on other seeburg jukeboxes of that era.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
To give you an update, I went by to inspect this jukebox. It came with a catch though, it wasn't free! If you bought the records for $1.50 each you would get a free jukebox. I considered doing it until I looked inside the cabinet. What a wiring nightmare mess. Someone tried to rewire it by passing intended circuits. Plus, when you touched the amp; got a nice electrical shock. I chose NOT to purchase it. Bob S.Calif.