FS: US $1, $2.50, $3.00 & $10 on eBay

Old October 13th 10, 09:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Default FS: US $1, $2.50, $3.00 & $10 on eBay

On 10/11/2010 11:41 PM, oly wrote:
It's O.K. to collect holed coins. It would make sense to be picky

I can't tell you how reassuring to read that you approve of the practice
of collecting holed coins. Of course this is OK! You can collecting
anything you want that's legal to collect, any kind of problem coin you
want. This Bruce Remnick is the only one here who tried to disparage
this, not understanding that it isn't the legitimacy collecting or
selling problem coins that's under discussion here but how you sell them.

I don't agree at all with oly's calling Tony Cooper a pimp for pricing
his problem coins the way he does, and it's ironic in the extreme for
him to call Tony Cooper unethical for this. A key aspect of a free
economy is sellers being able to set prices as they see fit. If buyers
buy, fine, if they don't fine, but overpricing something doesn't render
you a pimp. But Tony Cooper calls me psychotic for disagreeing with the
how he describes his wares as details coins, so it all comes around and
is all part of the character of these unmoderated online discussion groups.

--

Consumer: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Old October 13th 10, 10:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:54:46 -0400, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:

But Tony Cooper calls me psychotic for disagreeing with the
how he describes his wares as details coins, so it all comes around and
is all part of the character of these unmoderated online discussion groups.

The actual culprit is the Merriam-Webster online dictionary. I said:

"I can provide one definition for "neologism" where "Bogo" qualifies:
Merriam-Webster's online dictionary shows Definition #2 as : a
meaningless word coined by a psychotic."

The contributors to M-W may or may not have had you in mind when they
added that dictionary. Personally, I don't think so. You are not
that well known or that much paid attention to.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old October 13th 10, 10:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On 10/11/2010 11:41 PM, oly wrote:
It's O.K. to collect holed coins. It would make sense to be picky

I can't tell you how reassuring to read that you approve of the practice
of collecting holed coins. Of course this is OK! You can collecting
anything you want that's legal to collect, any kind of problem coin you
want. This Bruce Remnick is the only one here who tried to disparage this,
not understanding that it isn't the legitimacy collecting or selling
problem coins that's under discussion here but how you sell them.

Quote, please. My mere mention of one of your hobby preferences is
"disparaging"? You must have a guilty conscience.

I don't agree at all with oly's calling Tony Cooper a pimp for pricing his
problem coins the way he does, and it's ironic in the extreme for him to
call Tony Cooper unethical for this. A key aspect of a free economy is
sellers being able to set prices as they see fit. If buyers buy, fine, if
they don't fine, but overpricing something doesn't render you a pimp. But
Tony Cooper calls me psychotic for disagreeing with the how he describes
his wares as details coins, so it all comes around and is all part of the
character of these unmoderated online discussion groups.

Actually, Tony is the only one who used the word in print. I find this
interesting and funny.

Old October 14th 10, 01:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Oct 13, 3:54*pm, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:
[...]

If you approve of what Tony's doing under the guise of "the free
economy", then you approve of every junk bond, every toxic cmo or mbs
(bet you don't know what those are, why they are so important, and why
they've already exploded our financial system), every phoney pump-and-
dump stock offering and under the guise of the "free economy" you
approve of Bernie Madoff and Enron et alia.

It's dangerous to agree with you on anything Redd, because you're
basically a mindless phoney psuedo-intellectual and goddamn dumb-
stoopeede in the extreme. You're faster than the speed of stupid.

oly
Old October 14th 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

On 10/13/2010 8:59 PM, oly wrote:
If you approve of what Tony's doing under the guise of "the free
economy", then you approve of every junk bond, every toxic cmo or mbs
(bet you don't know what those are, why they are so important, and why
they've already exploded our financial system), every phoney pump-and-
dump stock offering and under the guise of the "free economy" you
approve of Bernie Madoff and Enron et alia.

I guess you missed an important word I used: legal. What Bernie Madoff
and the principals at Enron did was illegal. That's why they're in
prison or were going to be sentenced to prison before they died. Tony
setting high start prices for his details coins/damaged coins isn't
illegal. Comparing these kinds of acts is ridiculous, as you well know.
His use of a fabricated euphemism here to make his wares seem more
attractive is worthy of criticism here, since this is where he used it.
But it's not worthy of anything more severe, let alone a 150-year prison
sentence. OK, maybe a year in prison, but no more!

Old October 14th 10, 03:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

On 10/13/2010 8:59 PM, oly wrote:
[...]

The term "details" is a fabricated euphemism? You might tell that to ANACS.
And you still avoid my question as to how one might be misled or confused by
any of Tony's auctions. Thank God we have Reid to decide what merits
criticism here and to dispense it when it's needed.

Old October 14th 10, 04:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

On 10/13/2010 10:55 PM, Bremick wrote:

The term "details" is a fabricated euphemism?

No, I never said that. You continue to post here as if you lived in an
alternate universe. I said that details coin is a fabricated euphemism.
You just argue to argue here, nonsensically. Pick your spots, boy. If
you have nothing to say, don't say it.

Old October 14th 10, 04:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:44:31 -0400, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:

On 10/13/2010 10:55 PM, Bremick wrote:

The term "details" is a fabricated euphemism?

No, I never said that. You continue to post here as if you lived in an
alternate universe. I said that details coin is a fabricated euphemism.
You just argue to argue here, nonsensically. Pick your spots, boy. If
you have nothing to say, don't say it.

Do you not see the difference between [ details coin ] and [ "DETAILS"
coin ] ?

The second, the version that I use, indicates a coin that is in a
group that is identified. It is similar to writing [ "MS" coin ]. It
places the coin in the group of coins graded as MS.

It's an eminently logical construct. That may be what confuses you.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old October 14th 10, 05:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

On 10/14/2010 11:58 AM, tony cooper wrote:
Do you not see the difference between [ details coin ] and [ "DETAILS"
coin ] ?

Do you know see that there are people who aren't going to know what
"DETAILS" coin means same as they won't know what details coin means
whereas if you had simply used the term that ANACS itself uses, problem
coin, there would be no possibility of confusion. I'm not confused --
you know this well. But others could be. Yes, you don't used this
fabricated euphemism in your auction descriptions, it seems, just here
in explaining yourself.

Old October 14th 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On 10/14/2010 11:58 AM, tony cooper wrote:
Do you not see the difference between [ details coin ] and [ "DETAILS"
coin ] ?

Do you know see that there are people who aren't going to know what
"DETAILS" coin means same as they won't know what details coin means
whereas if you had simply used the term that ANACS itself uses, problem
coin, there would be no possibility of confusion. I'm not confused --
you know this well. But others could be. Yes, you don't used this
fabricated euphemism in your auction descriptions, it seems, just here in
explaining yourself.

Do you realize that these uneducated people you cite also may not know what
ANACS means? Not to mention things like AU, MS, XF, etc. They also may not
know the difference in value from one date/mint to another. They'd best
stick to simple bullion coins. Anyone with $$$$ to spend on eBay on gold
coins would be well served to learn some basics first. Either that or
carefully read the descriptions and check out the photos in auctions like
Tony's. Nothing was hidden or misrepresented. How you can be so totally
obsessed with a trivial phrase like "details coins" is, well.........
understandable.