Civil War era Confederate Currency pricing?

Old August 9th 10, 07:35 AM posted to rec.coin.collecting,rec.collecting.coins
STILL SEARCHING

Default Civil War era Confederate Currency pricing?

Say $1-$5 dollar confederate dollar bills.

OR even coins confederate of the $1-$5 range, How easy to get and what
are some prices?

Also does buying/collecting confederate currency automatically make
you in the eyes of Librals nothing more than a racist or do they
understanding what 'collecting' means like we do?

You know, like when someone hangs a rebel flag INSIDE their house
Liberals tell the story and say that person is racist

Of course it's okay to where those Malcom X [black baseball cap all
black with a big white x on the front] baseball hats, remember those
were not racist at all.

Anyway, anyone got some details on buying confederate currency ?
Old August 9th 10, 12:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

On Aug 9, 1:35*am, STILL SEARCHING wrote:
Say $1-$5 dollar confederate dollar bills.

OR even coins confederate of the $1-$5 range, How easy to get and what
are some prices?

Also does buying/collecting confederate currency automatically make
you in the eyes of Librals nothing more than a racist or do they
understanding what 'collecting' means like we do?

You know, like when someone hangs a rebel flag INSIDE their house
Liberals tell the story and say that person is racist

Of course it's okay to where those Malcom X [black baseball cap all
black with a big white x on the front] baseball hats, remember those
were not racist at all.

Anyway, anyone got some details on buying confederate currency ?

Collecting Confederate items does not make one a racist.

Ebay is a good place to start, but beware of all the fake stuff. Check
for the
major dealers selling the most expensive stuff and then look for the
same
sellers' other cheaper items.

http://coins.shop.ebay.com/Confedera...y-/3414/i.html

Old October 21st 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
STILL SEARCHING

On The Date of Mon, 9 Aug 2010 04:32:48 -0700 (PDT), Frank Provasek
Said:

Collecting Confederate items does not make one a racist.

According to MSNBC and all Liberals, even remembering or acknowledging
the Civil War is deep racism.

Also, pride is 'secret code for RACISM"

Be careful.

Old October 21st 10, 10:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Said:

Collecting Confederate items does not make one a racist.

According to MSNBC and all Liberals, even remembering or acknowledging
the Civil War is deep racism.

Also, pride is 'secret code for RACISM"

Be careful.

it the real world we call it the war for succession and them liberals can
eat......
Old October 22nd 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

Said:

Collecting Confederate items does not make one a racist.

According to MSNBC and all Liberals, even remembering or acknowledging
the Civil War is deep racism.

Also, pride is 'secret code for RACISM"

Be careful.

it the real world we call it the war for succession and them liberals can
eat......

In the real world it's called the War of Secession, not succession. And the
South's attempt to secede was not a success. (Wars of succession were
fought in places like Europe. "Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi!")

In the real world, Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, P.G.T. Beauregard, and
countless other Southerners referred to it as the Civil War. So Yanks
weren't the only ones calling it the "Civil War".

"Remembering or acknowledging" the Civil war can be taken two ways. Yeah,
it can be a way to express racial bias. For me, its symbolism is as a
triumph over slavery, resulting in complete emancipation. It came at great
cost - Sherman had it right when he said that "War is hell" - but that
doesn't mean that we can't celebrate the abolition of slavery and the
preservation of the Union.

OTOH, some Southerners still dwell on it to the point of obsession, and
racial prejudice is woven into the fabric of their rubric. For example,
"pride" as used by certain ethnicities (mosty white Southerners, but also
elements of all the other stereotyped colors) usually is racist code for "We
are superior to you," not "We are equal to you."

As to collecting Civil War artifacts, unless they are used as totems by a
racist hate group, it's just plain silly to ascribe any PC significance to
them. I have a few coins minted by the Nazis in occupied countries and by
the Mussolini regime in Italy. That doesn't make me a secret admirer of
Hitler or fascism. It mostly boils down to intent. In Germany it's a
little different because Nazi regalia, etc. often is used as totems by
neo-Nazi elements. IMO their laws regarding possession of such items are
far too restrictive, but it is understandable because they are the ones who
have had to live down the shame and guilt of that era.

Old October 22nd 10, 04:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Said:

[...]

you missed all three puns.
i agree with most of what you say despite some minor mistakes.
i have met quite a few southerners who have a lot of pride, do not call it the
civil war and are not racist. i like those contradictions.
i believe that first and foremost the civil war was a fight of farmer vs
ironmaster. slavery was a nice moral smokescreen that wasn't the major
concern until the emancipation proclamation, one of the neatest pieces of
political manuevering going. even churchill thought highly of it.
but to paraphrase catton, the war is over but we will forever debate it.