Periodic Post: Your Rec.Collecting.Coins (RCC) Mint

Old October 25th 03, 01:21 AM
Stujoe

Default Periodic Post: Your Rec.Collecting.Coins (RCC) Mint

Since the finding of the RCC Nickel...reminiscent of the 1913
Nickel...created such a furious uproar and clamoring for more
information about the RCC Mint :-), I decided to post the RCC Mint
periodic drivel post:

RCC Mint Q and A Periodic Post. This is Beta version 1.07 of this
Periodic Post. Corrections and bug fixes welcome.

RCC Mint Website:
http://www.thestujoecollection.com/rccmint/

Q and A:

Did you know that Rec.collecting.coins has its own mint?

Well, it does and it dates back to 1999 with the issue of the
Original RCC Penny. That storied first issue did not make it to many
hosts but it was the genesis of today's RCC Mint. Currently, there
are mints in the United States, the UK, and Australia. More
information can be found he

http://www.thestujoecollection.com/rccmint/staff.htm

What does the RCC Mint do?

We make and issue 'coins' that are meant to travel around the world
passing from one RCC Host to another. They are designed to be fun for
the hosts and also little (sometimes not so little) chunks of coin
collecting / hobby promotion.

What is a Host and how can I become one?

A Host is someone who agrees to host an RCC coin for a short period
of time. All you have have to do to become a host is to read the
rules on the RCC Mint Website and email me letting me know that you
want to host a coin.

Rules? What stinking rules?

The rules are pretty simple. You get the coin. You show it a good
time by taking it with you to places. You get some pictures with it.
You scratch or scrawl your initials in the coin. You email me to find
out who to send it on to next. You send the coin off to the next
host. You email me the pictures and descriptions so they can be added
to the RCC Mint website. Complete rules can be found he

http://www.thestujoecollection.com/rccmint/rules.htm

What does this cost me? and do you guys make a profit?

The only thing it costs a host is the price of shipping the coin off
securely to the next host. The RCC mint makes no profit. In fact, we
are in business to lose money (and we do it quite well with 2 coins
already missing).

Speaking of losing coins, what happens if a coin gets lost when
traveling from one host to another?

The Mint Staff will drink a beverage of their choice in its memory.
The choice here at Mint Central will be a Black and Tan.

What happens to the coins after their journeys come to an end?

The coins will go back to their original minting facility where the
original minter will use them for some kind of hobby promotion or hobby
benefit. The only rule is that they cannot make a profit on the coins.

Where can I go for more information and to find out which coins are
available to host?

The RCC Mint Website, of course:

http://www.thestujoecollection.com/rccmint/

--
Stu Miller
Director, RCC Mint
Old October 25th 03, 04:27 AM
Stujoe

Stujoe spoke thusly...
Since the finding of the RCC Nickel...reminiscent of the 1913
Nickel...created such a furious uproar and clamoring for more
information about the RCC Mint :-), I decided to post the RCC Mint
periodic drivel post:

FTWC: I have added some small pictures of the found nickel to the RCC
Mint website courtesy of coinsaver.

http://www.thestujoecollection.com/r...kel/nickel.htm

--
Stu Miller
Coins in the News - Coin Newspaper (Updated Daily):
Old October 27th 03, 11:44 PM
Stujoe

The nickel has landed. Thanks Coinsaver! Seems none the worse for wear -
although I had never seen it before ;-)...One question, though...Two
years and you didn't initial it!?! ;-)

Pictures will be on the RCC Mint site by the weekend and then it will be
up for its next move onwards to BobbyShaw.

--
Stujoe
Director RCC Mint

it really works Kelsibutt Paper Money 0 September 27th 03 11:16 PM
"Periodic Post" Web Sites of Interest (Part, 2) Wheeler Coins 13 September 16th 03 10:22 PM
How to avoid getting cheated on eBay - periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 1 August 16th 03 01:30 AM
Periodic Post: Your Rec.Collecting.Coins (RCC) Mint Stujoe Coins 0 July 27th 03 05:03 PM
Periodic Post: Your Rec.Collecting.Coins (RCC) Mint Stujoe Coins 0 July 19th 03 12:16 PM