TAGS In Person Successes

Old July 16th 03, 01:58 AM
Todd F.

Default TAGS In Person Successes

Looks like you had an awesome time. Thanks for posting .Due to all
these conventions someone has to of brought up to them about trying to get
Andy and Ron to show up to sign. What's their responce to this? I know Ron
is pretty busy but don't really know what Andy does these days. I've heard
he's a hard person to get to sign anything.

Todd F.
--
Todd's Autograph Arena
http://www.toddsautographarena.com
"CraigAK62" wrote in message
This past weekend I was an escort for Mayberry in the Jidwest in New

Castle,
IN. Got quite a bit of 1:1 time with stars of the Andy Griffith Show.

Betty
Lynn, James Best, the Dillards, Maggie Peterson, George Lindsey, Elinor

DOnahue
and Margaret Kerry were in attendance. These people are always great.

This
time I came away with home #s and great experiences. I had lunch and

dinner
with the stars, attended rehearsals, etc. PLUS I got lots of stuff

signed. I
had a photo of Maggie Peterson and I together from last year that I had

sent to
her home and she asked if she had ever sent it back (she remembered and I
didn't even bring up the fact I sent it) and I told her she hadn't. She
apologized and said she would get it out sometime soon as she has been
remodeling and the room she keeps that stuff in was the last one to be

worked
on. Margaret Kerry was the one I really enjoyed. Mostly bc she had

worked
with the Three Stooges. She gave me lots of stories about working with

the
guys, which was REALLY great for me. Had a great time and made some good
contacts. That it in a nutshell.

Craig

Old July 16th 03, 02:16 AM
Brian in VA

"Todd F." wrote in message
link.net...
Looks like you had an awesome time. Thanks for posting .Due to

all
these conventions someone has to of brought up to them about trying to get
Andy and Ron to show up to sign. What's their responce to this? I know

Ron
is pretty busy but don't really know what Andy does these days. I've heard
he's a hard person to get to sign anything.

Todd F.

I read that Griffith is not in the best of health. But for what it's worth,
my understanding is that he is a hard one to get. When I was charman of a
local charity auction a few years ago, I sent TAGS trading cards to Ron
Howard, Don Knotts, George Lindsey, and Griffith. Griffith was the only one
not to sign, chosing instead to send a xeroxed slip of paper saying that he
was "too busy" to do so. At this point in his career, he was down to the
occasional "Matlock" TV movie, whereas Howard was busy at the time directing
"THE PAPER" in New York, Knotts was touring in a play, and Lindsey was
working in Nashville. They all found the two of three minutes to sign and
return the cards.

Brian

Old July 16th 03, 05:27 AM
JHNJB

I've heard he's a hard person to get to sign anything.

Yea, it's true. I got him in Nashville back in January while he was doing the
Opry one night. He posed for a great picture with me, but that's because I
think he thought I was with Doug Stone and his band. LOL!

I never could get him to sign anything although I know one guy in Clint Blacks
band got him to sign an envelope. snicker
JC