FA: Vintage 1895 Book, Our Own Country U.S. American History

Old March 13th 05, 05:01 PM
fishnet

Default FA: Vintage 1895 Book, Our Own Country U.S. American History

Vintage 1895 Book, Our Own Country U.S. American History

This 1895 vintage book titled, (Our Own Country, Its History and
Achievements and the Story of Our Great Men and Women) is in excellent
condition. It is by the following noted writers of the time: Hamilton W.
Marbie, LL. B., Lit. D., Honorable John Sherman, Honorable J.K. Upton, U.S.
Senator Henry L. Dawes, Miss Francis E. Willard, Colonel A. K. McClure,
Colonel Marshal H. Bright, Prof. Francis N. Thorpe, and others. The book is
published by the Monarch Book Co., Philadelphia, PA, First Edition,
Copyright 1895. The book is 560 pages and is a comprehensive account of
American History (from the perspective of late 1800s way of thinking). There
are over 200 picture engravings by the best artists of the time providing a
picture chronological account of the history. The book starts with the
Pilgrims, the old colonies, buccaneers and pirates, War for Independence
(Revolutionary War), struggle for liberty and Government, Frontiersman and
Pioneers (Daniel Boone, John Franklin, Lewis and Clark, Kit Carson, Captain
Long, etc)., pushing the American land boundaries, War of 1812, Indian Wars,
Story of the Negro, Civil War, conflicts with foreign powers, Arctic
Adventurers, religion under new conditions, Gold and Silver rush, issues of
the National currency, the Presidents, Noted Women of recent times, and
more. There is roughly a 50-page photo section of the noted men of recent
times (Ulysses Grant, Robert Lee, George McClellan, James Garfield, Samuel
Tilden, James Blaine. John Jacob Astor, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Cyrus Field,
Robert Fulton, Thomas Edison, John Wanamaker, Marshall Field, Henry Ward
Beecher, and more). This is a really nice historical account book written in
a different era.
The book measures 7 ½ x 10 inches. There are no rips, tears, creases, loose
or missing pages. The cover is slightly soiled due to age and handling.

To see pictures, please view at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=6162478065