Rockola 494 juke help?

Old November 6th 11, 06:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
flipper

Default Rockola 494 juke help?

I've got a Rock 494 that picks up all selections except the very last
row .....not very familiar with
this newer system like the last 45s player. ....if anyone can educate
me as about this system. What would cause the last 10 - 12 records not
pick up? I have yet to take the system control unit 54910 apart as
I'm looking to get a manual if someone has one available let me
know..........Thanks
Old November 6th 11, 11:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

flipper wrote:
I've got a Rock 494 that picks up all selections except the very last
row .....not very familiar with
this newer system like the last 45s player. ....if anyone can educate
me as about this system. What would cause the last 10 - 12 records not
pick up? I have yet to take the system control unit 54910 apart as
I'm looking to get a manual if someone has one available let me
know..........Thanks

I take it the machine appears to accept the selection, but simply
ignores the record(s) when it gets to that area.

First suspect would be a broken wire from the keyboard or at the
selection system for that bank of records. Check the schematic to find
the common elements linking the group of non-selected records and the
keyboard/select logic.

You need to do some head scratching here...but start by finding the
first and last number in the group that doesn't work. I suspect there is
a simple link to that group - bent pin in a connector, broken wire at
connector, etc.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old November 7th 11, 10:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
flipper

--
* * (Please post followups or tech enquiries to the newsgroup)
* John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9

Thanks John,
I'm waiting for a manual w/ schematics and will do
some head scratching soon.
Old November 12th 11, 02:16 AM
Bud Wintermantel Bud Wintermantel is offline
Junior Member

Location: Northern California

Check your system 2 control and make sure pin #7 is on. This pin controls the 160 or 200 select option