Rockola 460 parts

Old October 20th 11, 06:06 AM
Bob Raney Bob Raney is offline
Member

Location: Southern Ca
Default Rockola 460 parts

I'm having trouble locating parts for my 454 and as it turns out, I think the guts are out of a 460 box. Can anyone look up these part numbers and tell me what box they actually belong to? My 454 Rockola has the correct label on the back and serial numbers check out, but the guts don't match the manual. Ampfilier 48350A (on-line says 453 - 474 O.K.); Powewr Supply 48450A (on-line says 460 - 461); Credit Unit 50225A (459 - 460); Turntable 49768 ?, and Mech/gripper motor 50299A ?. I purchased a gripper motor thru part number listed in 454 manual and the shaft is too short for the gear to reach the carousel gear. So, what jukebox does this motor 50299a belong to? I guess I'll need to buy another manual. Does anyone know if there is a model number stamped anywhere on the internal framework? Thanks, Bob
Old October 22nd 11, 06:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Ross

--
Bob Raney

Bob, I have a working 454 and a 464 parts machine.
454 / 464:
Amp 48350-A / 48350-1A
Pwr Supply 48455-A / 48455-1-A
Credit Unit 50225-A / 50640-A
Here is a link to some on-line Rock-Ola manuals.
http://thearcadeboneyard.com/jukebox...s_rock_ola.php
Hopefully you will be able to sort through you motor challenge by
perusing these manuals.
Cheers,
john
Old October 26th 11, 02:01 AM
Bob Raney Bob Raney is offline
Member

Location: Southern Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ross View Post
wrote:
[...]

John, Thanks for the input. This box is driving me nuts with all the different components. It looks like someone had parts left over and piled them all into one jukebox to make it work. However, when my Mech motor jammed in gear and bent the shaft; busted the nylon gear; everything stopped working. But finding replacement parts to replace this shaft or entire motor, becomes a new issue. Everyone says for a 454 box; you use "x" motor which doesn't line up with the Scan Gears. So, I'm off to see a good friend named Warren Rowe in El Monte, Ca. who is the "master" mechanic that will resolve this issue. I've inspected numerous Rockola manuals from 453 thru 464 and each one has different part numbers than what mine has. Thanks for your help.
Old October 26th 11, 04:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Ross

wrote:-
[...]

Hang in there Bob. Keep in mind that it was a reliable working mech
for decades, so can be restored to that same condition again.
I'm wondering though if you were supplied a replacement motor that
wasn't truly from a 454?
I hope that your friend will be able to help you get your Rock-Ola
singing again,
He certainly does have a great last name to he involved in the jukebox
hobby.
Cheers,
john
Old October 28th 11, 10:24 PM

wrote:-
[...]

Warren has been in the business for over 50 years. His brother retired a few years ago, but Warren at 73 loves working on these babies. He has a shop in El Monte, Ca. full of jukeboxes brought to him from throught out the U.S. Only problem; due to his age; you must bring the box into him and help unload it. He works on everything and is fantastic when stuck with a problem. However, his parts supply is limited as he needs them for his rebuilds. Warren points out that a majority of Rockola's can have many interchangeable parts as they are all compatible. He just changed the shaft to give me more length and now everything lines up nicely.

Rockola 460 Parts Available Aaron Cummings Juke Boxes 4 October 20th 11 06:10 AM
Rockola 460 help tmcderm653 Juke Boxes 3 May 16th 07 03:35 AM
FS: Rockola 460 Juke in New Jersey Edd Dicker Juke Boxes 0 October 16th 05 04:06 AM
Rockola 460 Jukebox in NJ Edd Dicker Juke Boxes 0 October 1st 05 04:50 AM
Rockola 460....opinions? Juke Boxes 10 October 25th 04 03:30 AM