Message from eBay while trying to list an item for sale

Old July 3rd 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Default Message from eBay while trying to list an item for sale

Apparently offering PayPal as a payment option is now mandatory? I have
always offered PayPal but somehow my email got erased so this error message
popped up.

Here is the message verbatim:
To ensure security on the eBay marketplace, it is now mandatory for all
listings to offer PayPal as a payment method. Enter a valid email address in
order to receive payments.

It looks like they misspelled "further line our pockets" as "ensure security
on the eBay marketplace".

Old July 3rd 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Jul 2, 8:44*pm, "PC" wrote:
Apparently offering PayPal as a payment option is now mandatory? *I have
always offered PayPal but somehow my email got erased so this error message

What does your email being erased have anything to do with listing on
eBay?
Old July 3rd 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Voltronicus" wrote in message
On Jul 2, 8:44 pm, "PC" wrote:
Apparently offering PayPal as a payment option is now mandatory? I have
always offered PayPal but somehow my email got erased so this error
message

What does your email being erased have anything to do with listing on
eBay?

I'm not sure how it happened but when filling out the Sell Your Item form
you provide an email address to send PayPal payments too. I may have
accidentally erased it or maybe my cat did. I just find it interesting that
now you *must* offer PayPal.

Old July 3rd 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Harvey Bastacky" wrote in message
. ..
Sounds like a BOGUS email to me.

'Twas not an email.

Old July 3rd 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

. ..

On Jul 2, 8:44 pm, "PC" wrote:
Apparently offering PayPal as a payment option is now mandatory? I have
always offered PayPal but somehow my email got erased so this error
message

What does your email being erased have anything to do with listing on
eBay?

I'm not sure how it happened but when filling out the Sell Your Item form
you provide an email address to send PayPal payments too. I may have
accidentally erased it or maybe my cat did. I just find it interesting

that
now you *must* offer PayPal.

That probably happened because you had Paypal checked as an option but your
paypal account was missing. I really don't think Ebay is going to go that
far. Have to check on it.

Old July 3rd 08, 08:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

? "PC" ?????? ??? ??????
. ..
Apparently offering PayPal as a payment option is now mandatory?

Can't believe it my friend, it must be something else!
I'm not sure about US but such practices are illegal and against business
ethics here in Europe!
It must be something else!

rgrds

Old July 3rd 08, 08:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Andy[_3_]

i will bail if they do something that messed up. they suck enough out of
sellers and make the process more byzantine than needs be

Actually, in Australia, they have been telling us for a couple of months it
will be mandatory (because of the increased security of course). Every now
and then I get an email telling me it's been delayed because the Australian
Competition and Consumer Commission is yet to make a judgement on if it's
legal. These are authentic ebay emails, it has even been reminding me every
time I log on to ebay.

I personally think it is third line forcing, which is illegal. However as
I've always offered paypal, and usually use paypal to pay for things, it
won't really effect me (until they start jacking paypal fees up because of
the lack of other options).

Andrew

Old July 3rd 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:20:56 +0300, "gogu"
wrote:

? "PC" ?????? ??? ??????
Apparently offering PayPal as a payment option is now mandatory?

Can't believe it my friend, it must be something else!
I'm not sure about US but such practices are illegal and against business
ethics here in Europe!
It must be something else!

rgrds

eBay has placed several "announcements" on your "My eBay" page about
the change that is affecting you. The change affects people who log
in from different computers, ISPs, countries, etc. because they travel
or move. Perhaps you should start reading the announcements.

The last one was: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200804141145212.html

Admittedly, most of the announcements are useless information and eBay
propaganda, but there are often announcements that will directly
affect you.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida