I didn't find any new $5 Bills, yet, but could someone clearsomething up for me?

Old March 13th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default I didn't find any new $5 Bills, yet, but could someone clearsomething up for me?

I tried looking at two banks, and my credit union, but no luck.

However, the BEP is already selling uncut sheets of the new $5s.

By the way, whats the story behind the new $5? I mean, shouldn't the
series year have to be Series 2007 or 2008? Because, I thought when
they changed the design (or Secretary and Treasuer, or just the
Secretary) they had to change the series year, by law, and I know that
there were already non-colorized Series 2006 $5 bills, so what gives?
(I'm suprised that the colored $5s were not at least changed to Series
2006A (even though a suffix letter is usually reserved for when only
the Treasuer changes) But they threw a curveball similar to this when
the colorized $20 bill came out. (The colorized $20 was Series 2004,
but came out in 2003, when, by law, I thought a currency note could
not be released until the date of the series year) Can someone clear
this up for me? ( On both the new $5 and new $20 issues)
Old March 14th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

wrote in message
[...]

I'm not sure anyone but you really cares. Just spend 'em when you get 'em,
and don't worry what they look like. The only numbers that should matter
are the "5's" on the corners.

Old March 14th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Mar 13, 8:45*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

I'm not sure anyone but you really cares. *

I know Governor Spitzer doesn't care!

Old March 14th 08, 01:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"RF" wrote in message
On Mar 13, 8:45 pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

I'm not sure anyone but you really cares.

I know Governor Spitzer doesn't care!
____________

I'm not familiar with a governor named Spitzer.

Old March 14th 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scott Stevenson

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:13:50 -0400, "Bruce Remick"
wrote:

"RF" wrote in message
On Mar 13, 8:45 pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

I'm not sure anyone but you really cares.

I know Governor Spitzer doesn't care!
____________

I'm not familiar with a governor named Spitzer.

Elliot Spitzer, soon to be the former governer of New York.

"Soon to be former" because of the large amounts of money he has
spent over the past few years on escorts, including during his time as
Attorney General of New York, where he made his bones busting, among
others....

(wait for it)

escort services.

He was paying enough, though, that I'm guessing there weren't a lot
of fives in those little envelopes.

He now faces the posibility of charges of money laundering, violating
the Mann Act, and possibly other stuff.

take care,
Scott
"Hoisted on his own petard" seems especially appropriate...
Old March 14th 08, 12:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

wrote:

"RF" wrote in message
On Mar 13, 8:45 pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

I'm not sure anyone but you really cares.

I know Governor Spitzer doesn't care!
____________

I'm not familiar with a governor named Spitzer.

Elliot Spitzer, soon to be the former governer of New York.

"Soon to be former" because of the large amounts of money he has
spent over the past few years on escorts, including during his time as
Attorney General of New York, where he made his bones busting, among
others....

Oh, THAT governor. I thought the poster was referring to a current
governor. I saw the current NY governor on TV last night and his name
wasn't Spitzer. And based on what I saw in the recent news reporting, I had
presumed the former NY governor's name was "John".

Old March 14th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Mar 14, 8:44*am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

Oh, THAT governor. *I thought the poster was referring to a current
governor. *I saw the current NY governor on TV last night and his name
wasn't Spitzer. *And based on what I saw in the recent news reporting, I had
presumed the former NY governor's name was "John".- Hide quoted text -

The Spitz will be governor until Monday, probably giving him enough
time to hand out questionable pardons, etc.