on dialog

Old July 21st 03, 07:20 PM
R R

Default on dialog

I have yet to come across a book that really explains DIALOG well. They seem
to cover structure and style very well, but DIALOG, nada. I think if I can
offer a tip to other
writers out there it's too read a lot of books and screenplays to get a feel
for how
others who came before you use dialog in a meaningful way as to indirectly
say direct
things and make an eloquent story. I would be very interested in taking a
look at a book
that dedicated itself to DIALOG and think there is a need for one in the
market.

Cheers,

Remo Rosati, author
DIVINE INTERVENTION (fiction)
now available at:
amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com and borders.com

Old July 22nd 03, 03:05 AM
Bud Webster

"R R" sez:

I have yet to come across a book that really explains DIALOG well. They seem
to cover structure and style very well, but DIALOG, nada. I think if I can
offer a tip to other

[snip]

Why are you posting this trivia to a book-collector's group?

You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man
whose words make your blood boil, who's standing
center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs
that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the
top of yours.
- "The American President"
Old July 22nd 03, 03:22 AM
MindElec

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:05:50 -0700, Bud Webster
declared:

"R R" sez:

I have yet to come across a book that really explains DIALOG well. They seem
to cover structure and style very well, but DIALOG, nada. I think if I can
offer a tip to other

[snip]

Why are you posting this trivia to a book-collector's group?

because it gives him a nice little excuse to spam his new novel.

robert

"I've been long, a long way from here
Put on a poncho, played for mosquitos,
And drank til I was thirsty again
We went searching through thrift store jungles
Found Geronimo's rifle, Marilyn's shampoo
And Benny Goodman's corset and pen"
Old July 22nd 03, 08:21 AM
Bud Webster

MindElec sez:

because it gives him a nice little excuse to spam his new novel.

If he writes fiction the way he writes about writing, he doesn't stand
a chance.