ears looking at you kid!

Old August 19th 03, 02:07 PM
Victor Manta

Default ears looking at you kid!

"Rodney" wrote in message
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...oto&PhotoID=65

Could it be this handsome little moggie has drank too much fennec wine?

Maybe :-)

BTW, it reminds me the Admiral Lord Nelson, so maybe it was the cat of Lady
Hamilton.
--
Victor Manta

-------
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
Art on Stamps: http://values.ch
Romania Shown by Its Stamps: http://marci-postale.com
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/Communism/
Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/
-------

Old August 19th 03, 11:07 PM
Rodney

| BTW, it reminds me the Admiral Lord Nelson,

Gee, sorry Victor,
that one whizzed over my head

Lord Nelson? wasn't he a (sea) dog ?

Old August 22nd 03, 02:46 AM
Dakota

Victor:

I dislike replying here in rcsd - I have no other option it seems.

I tried to send the scans of Russian stamps you'd requested - every
tme I tried they got bounced back to me.

Sorry, guess you'll have to find another source for them.

Handshakes,

Dakota

Hope you read this post~!!!!!!!!!
Old August 23rd 03, 04:51 PM
Bob Ingraham

From: "Rodney"
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:33:20 +0800
Subject: ears looking at you kid!

The famous message from Lord Nelson to his men at Trafalgar.

http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...oto&PhotoID=68

"Kiss me, Hardy"? :^)

Recommended reading: Trafalgar -- The Nelson Touch, by David Howarth. Often
sold as a boxed set with Waterloo -- a Near-Run Thing. About as good as
popular history gets. Used copies are readily available through the Advanced
Book Exchange, http://dogbert.abebooks.com I expect that wonderful
topical/thematic collections could be assembled for both Trafalgar and
Waterloo.

Bob

Old August 24th 03, 03:49 AM
Rodney

I expect that wonderful topical/thematic collections could be
assembled for both Trafalgar and Waterloo.

Yes, I would agree there Bob.
esp if one was allowed some of the more colourful "labels"
from dodgy countries.

BTW the flags read "England expects every man to do his duty"

When I was a naval tar, our poor unfortunate captain was a one Hardy
we always called him "Kiss Me" ......... behind his back of course ;0)

Amazing how all the nicknames last, every Clarke that ever joined
was invariably a "Nobby"

Old August 24th 03, 03:09 PM
TC

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:49:22 +0800, "Rodney"
wrote:

I expect that wonderful topical/thematic collections could be

assembled for both Trafalgar and Waterloo.

Yes, I would agree there Bob.
esp if one was allowed some of the more colourful "labels"
from dodgy countries.

BTW the flags read "England expects every man to do his duty"

When I was a naval tar, our poor unfortunate captain was a one Hardy
we always called him "Kiss Me" ......... behind his back of course ;0)

Amazing how all the nicknames last, every Clarke that ever joined
was invariably a "Nobby"

Rodney:

Which flag code did Nelson Use?

Using the standard International Maritime Signals
http://geo.ya.com/travelimages/inter...e-signals.html
the message doesn't compute.

Cheers
Blair