where have the extortionately priced penman auctions gone?

Old November 29th 04, 01:03 PM
Ada Ma

Default where have the extortionately priced penman auctions gone?

Hi folks,

A couple of years ago I often find Parker penman ink being sold for $30 plus a
bottom on the eBay. Now I know that the penman ink is being re-released but FP
users are weird in that they often prefer old ink to new ones (count the number
of dip well Sheaffer in your hoard!), so I thought the crazy auctions would
continue - but today I did a search on all of eBay and found not a single penman
ink auction! What has happened??????????

Ada

Old November 29th 04, 01:26 PM
don

Where did you get the information that it was being released again? The
original penman was highly saturated with dye, hence it didn't work reliably
in every pen. I have 2 bottles of ebony and 2 of sapphire. Both original.
don

Old November 29th 04, 01:50 PM
Ada Ma

I have heard that they have shifted the manufacturing to the Hero ink factory
Shanghai, I have even seen pictures of the new penman. Wait a minute, I think I
saw it on Sam's webpage. Let me check!

Old November 29th 04, 01:56 PM
Ada Ma

Nope - can't find it. I'm sure I've seen a picture of the new Penman, but I
need to do some googling in chinese. I'll post a follow up about my searches.

Old November 29th 04, 02:40 PM
Free Citizen

"Ada Ma" wrote in message
Nope - can't find it. I'm sure I've seen a picture of the new Penman, but
I need to do some googling in chinese. I'll post a follow up about my
searches.

You mean here?
http://pagesperso.laposte.net/fpnet/...?showtopic=108

Ada Ma wrote:

I have heard that they have shifted the manufacturing to the Hero ink
factory Shanghai, I have even seen pictures of the new penman.

I have a picture of the bottom of the box posted at PT once but it has
rolled off the board. It is not made in the Hero factory. The bottom says,
Parker Pen Shanghai Co. Ltd.

--
Best regards,
T-H Lim

Old November 29th 04, 08:56 PM
don

Please do. I for one would be interested in how they overcome the flow
problems associated with the original. I can only use this ink in certain
pens reliably but would be interested in obtaining more if it is the same as
the original (not likely though, is it?)
don

Old December 1st 04, 09:00 PM
Ada Ma

Thanks for posting. I remember seeing a slightly differnt picture and it was
actually on a website selling things.

Old December 1st 04, 09:45 PM
Ada Ma

"Ada Ma" wrote in message

Nope - can't find it. I'm sure I've seen a picture of the new Penman, but
I need to do some googling in chinese. I'll post a follow up about my
searches.

OK - my googling report, finally.

Here is the search link I have done:
http://tinyurl.com/4jn35

The first set of chinese means Parker, 2nd is the name for Penman ink in
chinese, third set is Ink in chinese.

Another search with Parker, Ink, Penman:
http://tinyurl.com/5xcen

This search turns up a flaky looking online store based in Hunan (= Lake South)
which lists Parker Penman amongst their stock. If you go to the following page
and click on the link which says "Penman", then you'll get a giant picture of a
bottle of Penman ink.

http://www.hnparker.com/pkjg.htm

Another website - Parker Pen (Shanghai) Ltd. - seems more legitimate and has a
link to the Sanford. From this website, there's a page about a LE Duofold Burgundy:
http://tinyurl.com/4aqnn

A brief search on this LE Duofold Burgundy turns up with nothing (someone please
fill me in if they know that this LE is for real). This LE Duofold comes with a
bottle of Penman ink, but I can't see clearly from the picture whether the
bottle is eliptical as it is described in Free Citizen's post:
http://www.parkerpen.com.cn:8081/ima...t_120_bbig.jpg

The thing with websites is that we don't know whether they are the real thing or
not.

I have written Sanford a email and I'll post if I get any reply. I guess
another option is to give Sanford a ring and ask them...

Apologies for not being of much help.

Cheers,
Ada

Old December 1st 04, 11:26 PM
don

Au contraire,
You've been a lot of help. Did you notice that it is only available in
Ebony? I can't find anything that indicates whether this is a reintroduction
of the original or a completely reformulated offering, can you? With the
obvious differences in the packaging, I get the feeling that this is a
totally new offering that is just using the Penman name. I will indeed be
interested to see if they also offer it in sapphire, mocha and emerald.
don

Old December 3rd 04, 11:45 AM
Ada Ma

don wrote:
Au contraire,
You've been a lot of help. Did you notice that it is only available in
Ebony? I can't find anything that indicates whether this is a reintroduction
of the original or a completely reformulated offering, can you? With the
obvious differences in the packaging, I get the feeling that this is a
totally new offering that is just using the Penman name. I will indeed be
interested to see if they also offer it in sapphire, mocha and emerald.
don

Hello Don,

I have received a reply from the Parker Pen company in China. I'm writing them
another email to ask about the penman ink. See attached.

Cheers,
Ada