FA: 1921 Peace Dollar PCGS MS64

Old July 31st 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Default FA: 1921 Peace Dollar PCGS MS64

There is a noticable spot on the reverse so no bold claims about cracking
this out for an upgrade. It may be just a whisper away from deserving a CAC
sticker. Or not. ;-)

Thanks for looking and if you happen to be the winning bidder and mention
RCC then I will waive the shipping costs and pay the for shipping and
insurance myself.

Old August 1st 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

Default 1921 Peace Dollar PCGS MS64

"PC" wrote in message
. ..
There is a noticable spot on the reverse so no bold claims about cracking
this out for an upgrade. It may be just a whisper away from deserving a

CAC
sticker. Or not. ;-)

Thanks for looking and if you happen to be the winning bidder and mention
RCC then I will waive the shipping costs and pay the for shipping and
insurance myself.

Don't know if it's just the picture but the hair looks really flat. Even
worn.

Old August 1st 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"don't look" don't wrote in message

Don't know if it's just the picture but the hair looks really flat. Even
worn.

Part of it is my lack of skill with producing the optimum lighting. I am
always looking to improve my photography skills. I ordered that Numismatic
Photography book that was recommended here. We will see if it helps in the
future.

The other part is that, being a 1921, it is high relief and they typically
do look more worn.

Old August 1st 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Jul 31, 8:32*pm, "PC" wrote:

The other part is that, being a 1921, it is high relief and they typically
do look more worn.

Talk about self-serving bull****!
Just a whisper away, eh?
Old August 1st 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Jul 31, 8:04�pm, "don't look" don't wrote:

Don't know if it's just the picture but the hair looks really flat. Even
worn.

1921 Peace Dollars were of a high relief design. The striking force
wasn't sufficient to get the metal to flow into the highest points of
the design. They are typically weakly struck in the hair over
Liberty's hair and the leading edge of the Eagle's leg.

It's funny though, when this seller was picking on someone else's
auction for a 1921, he claimed to have seen a number of 63s with
plenty of hair detail, yet his own 64 is very weakly struck.

He should have purchased one of the sharply struck 63s he claimed to
have seen, then maybe he wouldn't be selling it.
Old August 1st 08, 06:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

On Jul 31, 5:21*pm, "PC" wrote:
There is a noticable spot on the reverse so no bold claims about cracking
this out for an upgrade. *It may be just a whisper away from deserving a CAC
sticker. *Or not. *;-)

Thanks for looking and if you happen to be the winning bidder and mention
RCC then I will waive the shipping costs and pay the for shipping and
insurance myself.

Very nice. I am still the high bidder.
Old August 1st 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
scottishmoney

"PC" wrote in message
. ..
There is a noticable spot on the reverse so no bold claims about cracking
this out for an upgrade. It may be just a whisper away from deserving a
CAC sticker. Or not. ;-)

Thanks for looking and if you happen to be the winning bidder and mention
RCC then I will waive the shipping costs and pay the for shipping and
insurance myself.

Am I the only one to notice this missive in your auction:

"This listing is for a 1928 Peace Dollar from the Philadelphia mint, graded
MS64 by PCGS. This coin is the secondary key to the series."

So pray tell, if Frank is indeed the high bidder and Finnan doesn't outbid
him, what is Frank, or his friend, Finnan, to get?

Old August 1st 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"scottishmoney" wrote in message
"PC" wrote in message
. ..
There is a noticable spot on the reverse so no bold claims about cracking
this out for an upgrade. It may be just a whisper away from deserving a
CAC sticker. Or not. ;-)

Thanks for looking and if you happen to be the winning bidder and mention
RCC then I will waive the shipping costs and pay the for shipping and
insurance myself.

Am I the only one to notice this missive in your auction:

"This listing is for a 1928 Peace Dollar from the Philadelphia mint,
graded MS64 by PCGS. This coin is the secondary key to the series."

So pray tell, if Frank is indeed the high bidder and Finnan doesn't outbid
him, what is Frank, or his friend, Finnan, to get?

You will get the coin that is referenced in the title.

You will get the coin that is pictured.

You will get the coin referenced in the addendum 'On Jul-28-08 at 20:20:57
PDT, seller added the following information':'

You will also get the coin that is referenced in the 'Questions from other
members' section.

If you need further clarification please feel free to ask.

Old August 1st 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
On Jul 31, 5:21 pm, "PC" wrote:
There is a noticable spot on the reverse so no bold claims about cracking
this out for an upgrade. It may be just a whisper away from deserving a
CAC
sticker. Or not. ;-)

Thanks for looking and if you happen to be the winning bidder and mention
RCC then I will waive the shipping costs and pay the for shipping and
insurance myself.

Very nice. I am still the high bidder.

Thanks - you do realize this is for a 1921, right? I am unable to change
the main description because the discrepancy was pointed out to me after the
first bid was cast. I also had a 1928 listed and used the same template and
forgot to update the text. At least I updated the picture :-)

Even though there are several sources of information on the auction to be
able to definitively determine that you will get a 1921, some seem to be
having problems doing so. As a bidder I want to make sure you understand.

Old August 1st 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 08:38:04 -0500, "PC" wrote:

RCC then I will waive the shipping costs and pay the for shipping and
insurance myself.

Very nice. I am still the high bidder.

Thanks - you do realize this is for a 1921, right? I am unable to change
the main description because the discrepancy was pointed out to me after the
first bid was cast. I also had a 1928 listed and used the same template and
forgot to update the text. At least I updated the picture :-)

Even though there are several sources of information on the auction to be
able to definitively determine that you will get a 1921, some seem to be
having problems doing so. As a bidder I want to make sure you understand.

Most people probably know, but I have more than once contacted a
seller asking for clarification when there was a difference between
the subject, picture and/or description. A buyer has no way of knowing
which is in error.