New Years Resolution

Old January 1st 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default New Years Resolution

This year's resolution should be
to give stamps to beginning collectors.

In particular we should make sure not to leave
out any part of the community of collectors.

Remember....
http://www.astaarts.com/images/galbot.gif

38^O

Blair

Old January 2nd 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 1 Jan 2007 11:38:15 -0800, "Blair (TC)"
wrote:

This year's resolution should be
to give stamps to beginning collectors.

Hmmm... that's been my battle cry for at least 5 years now. I resolve
to get caught up with the "at least" 100 outstanding requests before
next semester starts.

In particular we should make sure not to leave
out any part of the community of collectors.

You got it!

Remember....
http://www.astaarts.com/images/galbot.gif

You devil, you... Must be a tad too much fennec tea in that eggnog.

38^O

Yep, the horns are out.
Old January 4th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
DrMike

Hmmm. I posted a message a few weeks ago offering 100 free stamps to
beginners/kids. No one replied. If you ant to pass along a few of
your outstanding requests to me, I could probably fill 10 or 20 of
them...

Old January 4th 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 3 Jan 2007 17:47:22 -0800, "DrMike" wrote:

Hmmm. I posted a message a few weeks ago offering 100 free stamps to
beginners/kids. No one replied. If you ant to pass along a few of
your outstanding requests to me, I could probably fill 10 or 20 of
them...

Thanks, Mike - but - I have kept a profile of pseudo-confidentiality
in this affair. I have not given any names or addresses to anyone and
I need to keep that consistent.

I state "pseudo" because I guesstimate age, sex and use the location
for simple demographics only to determine where they are coming from.

We wanted to see if kids were actually collecting - and - they are!

I'm surprised that nobody took you up on your offer, but not too many
kids read newsgroups.

I thank you again, but I need to fill the requests sent to me. It's
my responsibility.

If you're truly interested in doing this for a long time, then I would
suggest partnering with a few eb sites. At first, I did only the
newsgroups. Since then, a few members here posted it on their
well-traveled web sites. This was further picked up by the "freebie"
web sites and has proliferated a few times - but still not
overwhelming.

Here's the gig, however. Once you start this, it sort of takes on a
life of its own. Fortunately for me, I have the stamps. I will have
the time in a few days to knock all of them out within another few
days. (I hope!) Just in time for another pile to stack up and maybe
this time I'll be on it sooner before the end of my last semester at
college.

Maybe we can work something out in the future. Co-opt the ad or
something, as long as you're willing to take on responsibility for a
few years or so. It's been at least 5 for me so far. A new
milestone of requests received will be posted within the next 3 weeks.

Keep the faith!

Old January 6th 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
DrMike

Many thanks for the suggestions, Tracy. I completely understand the
confidentiality issue.
I have the stamps to cover lots of giveaways, but time is iffy. Like
you, my time revolves aroung the college sememster, so I'm reluctant to
send my offer too far afield!

But if there are some beginners or stamp clubs who have requested
stamps from you that could use some more freebies, feel free to send
them my email address and have their parents contact me.

Thanks and happy collecting!

Old January 6th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 6 Jan 2007 05:33:11 -0800, "DrMike" wrote:

Many thanks for the suggestions, Tracy. I completely understand the
confidentiality issue.
I have the stamps to cover lots of giveaways, but time is iffy. Like
you, my time revolves aroung the college sememster, so I'm reluctant to
send my offer too far afield!

But if there are some beginners or stamp clubs who have requested
stamps from you that could use some more freebies, feel free to send
them my email address and have their parents contact me.

Thanks and happy collecting!

Will do. Sounds like a plan to me. I'll see what it's like come June
or so. At that point I will have some time to "re-think" what is
going on with the "Freebie Stamp Project" and what the future may be.

wrote:

This year's resolution should be
to give stamps to beginning collectors.

Hmmm... that's been my battle cry for at least 5 years now. I resolve
to get caught up with the "at least" 100 outstanding requests before
next semester starts.

In particular we should make sure not to leave
out any part of the community of collectors.

You got it!

Remember....
http://www.astaarts.com/images/galbot.gif

You devil, you... Must be a tad too much fennec tea in that eggnog.

38^O

Yep, the horns are out.

WBCC Newsflash 139, September 14, 2006 Martin Peeters, NETHERLANDS, Focal Point of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club \(WBCC\) Coins 0 September 14th 06 07:05 PM
FS: "150 Years Of Canadian Baseball 1838-1988" Souvenir Commemorative Issue [email protected] Baseball 0 June 15th 06 11:17 AM
Five Years of Olive Oil Fletch Coins 12 June 3rd 06 06:18 AM
FS: "Torquay United The First 70 Years" Football Club out-of-print Book J.R. Sinclair General 0 August 11th 04 07:25 AM
FS: 1996 Kodak (Celebrating 100 Years Of Olympic Tradition) Wrist Watch J.R. Sinclair General 0 July 30th 04 06:14 AM