A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

How do you hookup a Rowe AMI CD-WB Wallette Wallbox

Old November 24th 13, 05:35 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Nov 2012
Default How do you hookup a Rowe AMI CD-WB Wallette Wallbox

I just won a used/refurbished Rowe AMI CD-WB Wallette Wallbox on Ebay for $89.00 This guy sells them on Ebay for $89.00 everyday...

From what I have found online, I think the following is correct but I wanted to share this with the group .

WallBox Ac Power - Connects to the 2 Yellows wires of the Transformer Output.
WallBox Power Com - Connects to Black wire of the Transformer Output.
WallBox Left CH. - Connects to the Left E3 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
WallBox Right CH. - Connects to the Right E3 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
WallBox Audio Com - Right E1 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
WallBox Rowlink A - Splice A Oranges together then splice into CCC P12 Orange
WallBox Rowlink B - Splice B Whites together then splice into CCC P12 White
WallBox Terminal Strip Lower Mounting Screw - appears to have had a wire on it? Do I need to send a ground wire from this location back to the jukebox? If so, do I need 8 conductor wire?

So I went to RadioShack today and I bought a 25.2VAC 2 amp “Power Transformer” #271-1512B to power up the WallBox.
It has 2 Black wires that go to a plug on one side and 2 Yellow wires and 1 Black wire coming out of the other side that go to the WallBox. As per the instructions on the back of the package, If I want 25.2V output I have to put the 2 Yellow wires together.

I also bought a Radio Shack 2 prong non-grounding plug #0423054 and a “Inline Fuse Holder” #270-1281 that I plan to attach between the transformer and the 2 prong plug. I also bought a Radio Shack 3 prong grounding plug #0423056 just in case I need grounding for this application.

I went to Lowes and bought 50 feet of 18 gauge, 7 conductor, 30 Volt, Low Voltage Outdoor Direct Burial Sprinkler Wire.
Lowes did not have any 8 conductor sprinkler wire in stock. They did have 18 gauge 8 conductor thermostat wire but I could not confirm if it could handle 30 volts or not (I left my glasses home).

My questions are as follows:

1. What size fuse do I need in the “Inline Fuse Holder” and does the fuse go on the input or output side of the transformer?

2. Do I use a 2 prong or 3 prong plug and if it is a 3 prong plug, where do I attach the 3rd ground wire to?

3. Can I get away with using a 7 conductor wire or do I need 8 conductor wire for the terminal strip ground, and if I do need 8 conductor wire, where do I attach the terminal strip ground to on the jukebox side.

4. I think I need to attach the WallBox Audio Com to the E1 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox But E1 is used on the left side, Do I attach it to E1 on the right side or somewhere else?

As always… Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
Jeff P.
Ads
Old November 26th 13, 01:12 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffP View Post
I just won a used/refurbished Rowe AMI CD-WB Wallette Wallbox on Ebay for $89.00 This guy sells them on Ebay for $89.00 everyday...

From what I have found online, I think the following is correct but I wanted to share this with the group .

WallBox Ac Power - Connects to the 2 Yellows wires of the Transformer Output.
WallBox Power Com - Connects to Black wire of the Transformer Output.
WallBox Left CH. - Connects to the Left E3 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
WallBox Right CH. - Connects to the Right E3 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
WallBox Audio Com - Right E1 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
WallBox Terminal Strip Lower Mounting Screw - appears to have had a wire on it? Do I need to send a ground wire from this location back to the jukebox? If so, do I need 8 conductor wire?

So I went to RadioShack today and I bought a 25.2VAC 2 amp “Power Transformer” #271-1512B to power up the WallBox.
It has 2 Black wires that go to a plug on one side and 2 Yellow wires and 1 Black wire coming out of the other side that go to the WallBox. As per the instructions on the back of the package, If I want 25.2V output I have to put the 2 Yellow wires together.

I also bought a Radio Shack 2 prong non-grounding plug #0423054 and a “Inline Fuse Holder” #270-1281 that I plan to attach between the transformer and the 2 prong plug. I also bought a Radio Shack 3 prong grounding plug #0423056 just in case I need grounding for this application.

I went to Lowes and bought 50 feet of 18 gauge, 7 conductor, 30 Volt, Low Voltage Outdoor Direct Burial Sprinkler Wire.
Lowes did not have any 8 conductor sprinkler wire in stock. They did have 18 gauge 8 conductor thermostat wire but I could not confirm if it could handle 30 volts or not (I left my glasses home).

My questions are as follows:

1. What size fuse do I need in the “Inline Fuse Holder” and does the fuse go on the input or output side of the transformer?

2. Do I use a 2 prong or 3 prong plug and if it is a 3 prong plug, where do I attach the 3rd ground wire to?

3. Can I get away with using a 7 conductor wire or do I need 8 conductor wire for the terminal strip ground, and if I do need 8 conductor wire, where do I attach the terminal strip ground to on the jukebox side.

4. I think I need to attach the WallBox Audio Com to the E1 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox But E1 is used on the left side, Do I attach it to E1 on the right side or somewhere else?

As always… Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
Jeff P.
Hi Jeff,

The 25 volt transformer would be ok for a Seeeburg but on a Rowe Ami you need 28 to 30 volts AC.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old November 29th 13, 10:31 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Nov 2012

Here’s an update…..

With my new CD-WB Wallette Field Service Manual and Parts Catalog and the following wiring diagram along with the following items purchased, I have been able to Successfully Hook-Up a CD-WB Wallette Wallbox to my 1989 Antique Apparatus CD Gazelle Bubbler.

Specs:
Model: GB4CD Serial: 15008 (Maybe 1989)
Mechanism Control Computer: 61086202 (Has been updated from Original)
Central Control Computer: 40832201 (V 4.3 - Has been updated from Original)
CD-Pro Mechanism with Pro-2 Player (Has been updated from Original)
Power Supply: 6-09377-0 (New Power Supply Board 61086501)
250 Watt Stereo Amp: 61024901

These are the items that I purchased to do this:

Rowe CD-WB Wallette Wallbox, Ebay $89.00

RadioShack, 25.2VAC 2 amp “Power Transformer” #271-1512B $14.49
(Note: Only the 2 Yellow wires on transformer output side are used, the Black wire on the output side is not used.)

Lowes, 2 prong non-grounding plug $1.97

Radio Shack, Inline Fuse Holder #270-1281 (I used a 3 Amp Fuse) $2.49

Lowes, 50 feet of 18 gauge, 7 conductor, 30 Volt, Low Voltage Outdoor Direct Burial Sprinkler Wire $18.44

Here’s how I wired it up:

Wallbox Ac Power - Connects to the first Yellow wire on the output side of the Transformer.
Wallbox Power Com - Connects to the second Yellow wire on the output side of the Transformer.
Wallbox Left CH. - Connects to the Left E7 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
Wallbox Right CH. - Connects to the Right E7 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
Wallbox Audio Com - Connects to the Right E1 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
Wallbox Rowlink A - Plug in or Splice into P10, P11 or P12 “Orange” wire found going into the CCC inside the Jukebox.
Wallbox Rowlink A - Not Used when only hooking up 1 wallbox.
Wallbox Rowlink B - Plug in or Splice into P10, P11 or P12 “White” wire found going into the CCC inside the jukebox.
Wallbox Rowlink B - Not Used when only hooking up 1 wallbox.

I hope that this information can help someone in the future wanting to do the same thing.

Thanks
Jeff P.