How do you hookup a Rowe AMI CD-WB Wallette Wallbox

Old November 24th 13, 05:35 PM
JeffP JeffP is offline
Member

Location: Ringwood NJ 07456
Default How do you hookup a Rowe AMI CD-WB Wallette Wallbox

I just won a used/refurbished Rowe AMI CD-WB Wallette Wallbox on Ebay for $89.00 This guy sells them on Ebay for $89.00 everyday...

From what I have found online, I think the following is correct but I wanted to share this with the group .

WallBox Ac Power - Connects to the 2 Yellows wires of the Transformer Output.
WallBox Power Com - Connects to Black wire of the Transformer Output.
WallBox Left CH. - Connects to the Left E3 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
WallBox Right CH. - Connects to the Right E3 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
WallBox Audio Com - Right E1 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
WallBox Rowlink A - Splice A Oranges together then splice into CCC P12 Orange
WallBox Rowlink A - Splice A Oranges together then splice into CCC P12 Orange
WallBox Rowlink B - Splice B Whites together then splice into CCC P12 White
WallBox Rowlink B - Splice B Whites together then splice into CCC P12 White
WallBox Terminal Strip Lower Mounting Screw - appears to have had a wire on it? Do I need to send a ground wire from this location back to the jukebox? If so, do I need 8 conductor wire?

So I went to RadioShack today and I bought a 25.2VAC 2 amp “Power Transformer” #271-1512B to power up the WallBox.
It has 2 Black wires that go to a plug on one side and 2 Yellow wires and 1 Black wire coming out of the other side that go to the WallBox. As per the instructions on the back of the package, If I want 25.2V output I have to put the 2 Yellow wires together.

I also bought a Radio Shack 2 prong non-grounding plug #0423054 and a “Inline Fuse Holder” #270-1281 that I plan to attach between the transformer and the 2 prong plug. I also bought a Radio Shack 3 prong grounding plug #0423056 just in case I need grounding for this application.

I went to Lowes and bought 50 feet of 18 gauge, 7 conductor, 30 Volt, Low Voltage Outdoor Direct Burial Sprinkler Wire.
Lowes did not have any 8 conductor sprinkler wire in stock. They did have 18 gauge 8 conductor thermostat wire but I could not confirm if it could handle 30 volts or not (I left my glasses home).

My questions are as follows:

1. What size fuse do I need in the “Inline Fuse Holder” and does the fuse go on the input or output side of the transformer?

2. Do I use a 2 prong or 3 prong plug and if it is a 3 prong plug, where do I attach the 3rd ground wire to?

3. Can I get away with using a 7 conductor wire or do I need 8 conductor wire for the terminal strip ground, and if I do need 8 conductor wire, where do I attach the terminal strip ground to on the jukebox side.

4. I think I need to attach the WallBox Audio Com to the E1 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox But E1 is used on the left side, Do I attach it to E1 on the right side or somewhere else?

As always… Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
Jeff P.
Old November 26th 13, 01:12 PM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffP View Post
I just won a used/refurbished Rowe AMI CD-WB Wallette Wallbox on Ebay for $89.00 This guy sells them on Ebay for $89.00 everyday...

From what I have found online, I think the following is correct but I wanted to share this with the group .

[...]

Hi Jeff,

The 25 volt transformer would be ok for a Seeeburg but on a Rowe Ami you need 28 to 30 volts AC.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old November 29th 13, 10:31 PM
JeffP JeffP is offline
Member

Location: Ringwood NJ 07456

Here’s an update…..

With my new CD-WB Wallette Field Service Manual and Parts Catalog and the following wiring diagram along with the following items purchased, I have been able to Successfully Hook-Up a CD-WB Wallette Wallbox to my 1989 Antique Apparatus CD Gazelle Bubbler.

Specs:
Model: GB4CD Serial: 15008 (Maybe 1989)
Mechanism Control Computer: 61086202 (Has been updated from Original)
Central Control Computer: 40832201 (V 4.3 - Has been updated from Original)
CD-Pro Mechanism with Pro-2 Player (Has been updated from Original)
Power Supply: 6-09377-0 (New Power Supply Board 61086501)
250 Watt Stereo Amp: 61024901

These are the items that I purchased to do this:

Rowe CD-WB Wallette Wallbox, Ebay $89.00

RadioShack, 25.2VAC 2 amp “Power Transformer” #271-1512B $14.49
(Note: Only the 2 Yellow wires on transformer output side are used, the Black wire on the output side is not used.)

Lowes, 2 prong non-grounding plug $1.97

Radio Shack, Inline Fuse Holder #270-1281 (I used a 3 Amp Fuse) $2.49

Lowes, 50 feet of 18 gauge, 7 conductor, 30 Volt, Low Voltage Outdoor Direct Burial Sprinkler Wire $18.44

Here’s how I wired it up:

Wallbox Ac Power - Connects to the first Yellow wire on the output side of the Transformer.
Wallbox Power Com - Connects to the second Yellow wire on the output side of the Transformer.
Wallbox Left CH. - Connects to the Left E7 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
Wallbox Right CH. - Connects to the Right E7 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
Wallbox Audio Com - Connects to the Right E1 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.
Wallbox Rowlink A - Plug in or Splice into P10, P11 or P12 “Orange” wire found going into the CCC inside the Jukebox.
Wallbox Rowlink A - Not Used when only hooking up 1 wallbox.
Wallbox Rowlink B - Plug in or Splice into P10, P11 or P12 “White” wire found going into the CCC inside the jukebox.
Wallbox Rowlink B - Not Used when only hooking up 1 wallbox.

I hope that this information can help someone in the future wanting to do the same thing.

Thanks
Jeff P.

Rowe Wrd Wallbox rpucci Juke Boxes 1 October 22nd 12 01:58 PM
FA/FS: ROWE WALLBOX [email protected] Juke Boxes 0 April 8th 07 02:09 AM
Ami/Rowe Wallbox Set-up [email protected] Juke Boxes 2 April 5th 06 06:40 PM
FS soon to be FA Rowe WCD wallbox BriMc Juke Boxes 0 February 8th 05 02:19 AM
V200 3WA wallbox hookup mystery Randy P. Juke Boxes 1 August 8th 03 11:48 PM