66-catalina: Home of NO BIDS

Old February 5th 07, 05:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default 66-catalina: Home of NO BIDS

Only things moving on Noodles' "cut and run" eBay account are two pair
of junk binocs. Destruction of Charlie Nudo is nearing completion!

http://nudowatch.blogspot.com
Old February 6th 07, 08:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

well bob its been over a year we going to see pictures of youre honda yet?

--
AL'S COMPUTERS

Old February 7th 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

Default Who Turned Off The Heat?

In the olden days we called the weather from this past month "a cold
winter". Now we are supposed to buy "credits" from Russia or who knows where
or shut down our industry. Or both. Apparently global warming is now known
as climate change and is responsible for cold weather as well as warm.
Meanwhile, yesterday we awoke to - 41.6 Celsius the coldest temperature here
since February 1, 1996. Shiver me timbers.

Old February 7th 07, 05:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 00:57:17 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

In the olden days we called the weather from this past month "a cold
winter". Now we are supposed to buy "credits" from Russia or who knows where
or shut down our industry. Or both. Apparently global warming is now known
as climate change and is responsible for cold weather as well as warm.
Meanwhile, yesterday we awoke to - 41.6 Celsius the coldest temperature here
since February 1, 1996. Shiver me timbers. snip

Meanwhile, we're experiencing record highs for this day, with Los
Angeles topping 32°...and it's February. Here in the high desert, we
also had a record high of 26°. Scarcely a month ago, we were
experiencing record lows of -16°, with the usual bursting pipes and
thick ice in the gutters. The entire Northeast (including the
fraudster in Drums) is now in the midst of a vicious cold snap, as
well. I was lucky in that I only lost a Œ" copper swamp cooler feeder
that evidently had some residual water in it that didn't drain. Others
lost sprinkler valves, as the neighbor across the street did, which
covered her front lawn in over 3" of ice for over a week.

The temperature swings recorded by NOAA and the UN for the last three
years are at record highs from hot to cold and back again. As we
learned in elementary physics and thermodynamics in school, Earth's
atmosphere is a "closed system," not "open," as was opined decades ago
by the biggest polluters...the atmosphere absorbs so many
gigagigagigacalories of heat energy every day from the Sun, and we've
managed to screw up the complex system of regulation that's maintained
our climate for the last 50,000 years. Now, with excessive polar ice
melt, decrease of ocean salinity and other problems caused by COČ and
other "greenhouse gases," we've cast our lot. That gas guzzling car
doesn't look so attractive anymore when it's frozen solid, now, does
it?

There is no more argument; climate change is here and Bush and the
right wingers are looking like even bigger idiots...as if that were
possible. The winner (unfortunately) of this is AHHHnuld
Schwarzenegger out here, who has refused to back down on COČ and zero
emissions vehicle mandates voted in by the Democratic Legislature,
much to Bush Bird's and myopic industries' dismay. It's not as if we
weren't warned....I remember reading the warnings back in the early
'70s as an undergrad.

Look for the hot and cold swings, as well as storms, to increase in
severity quickly. You'll also have a sweltering summer up there this
year, as well, with atypical rainfall. The UN is saying now that,
even if we do start cleaning up our act on COČ, there's enough damage
done by changing of the oceans' currents and ice melting off the polar
caps to wreak havoc for decades to come. This is how the dinosaurs
went out...perhaps it's our turn?

I'm sort of chortling about the whole mess, myself...another case of
"I told you so!"
Old February 9th 07, 01:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

On Feb 6, 7:57 pm, "William W Western" wrote:
In the olden days we called the weather from this past month "a cold
winter". Now we are supposed to buy "credits" from Russia or who knows where
or shut down our industry. Or both. Apparently global warming is now known
as climate change and is responsible for cold weather as well as warm.
Meanwhile, yesterday we awoke to - 41.6 Celsius the coldest temperature here
since February 1, 1996. Shiver me timbers.

get yourself one of these new-fangled bumper stickers, WWW...

At last, A bumper sticker for both parties.

FINALLY, someone has come out with a 100% bipartisan political bumper
sticker. The hottest selling bumper sticker comes from New York
State . .

"RUN HILLARY RUN"

Democrats put it on the rear bumper.
Republicans put it on the front bumper.

Old February 9th 07, 01:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

On Feb 6, 3:33 am, "Andy" wrote:
well bob its been over a year we going to see pictures of youre honda yet?

it's what, a late 70's Honda ?

that thing must smell nice...but it's all he can afford...

Old February 9th 07, 01:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

what a crock of DoucheBoob bull**** !

Old February 9th 07, 03:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
darnoc

Carbon trading is a really good idea. If you haven't seen 'An Inconvenient
Truth' by Al Gore, give it a watch. Really. It's quite good. I've been
watching various climate change shows for years, but he does a good job
wrapping it into a digestible ball.

I don't know how to really relate the information without sounding like an
alarmist nut case, but in all reality. . .take an open mind and a good dose
of logic to the problem.

Best part of the film is when Gore explains how we can't compete in overseas
car markets because our gas mileage standards are below par. If you want to
sell a car in China (or anywhere for that matter). . . it has to get better
gas mileage than we require here.

His film has been fairly picked-over fact wise on the internet. And there
aren't many holes.

A fairly right-wing buddy of mine rented the movie from Dish a couple of
weeks ago and Tivo'd it. He brought it to my attention. It got him looking
at some of the issues. What I found odd, was the fact . . . all these years
of talking about this issue with him, I thought he was on the same page.
After the film, he started repeating some of the ideas that I tried for
years to relate. . . . .It fairly blew me away, and impressed me with the
film's power to talk to people.

Granted, this isn't the "global warming forum" , but if people of all walks.
.. .even rusty ol' 8 track fans included. . . don't start taking energy and
how we use it seriously we're in for some major problems.

Please reply if you need further coercing

Oh, and get a good wood stove. 100 bucks in wood will last all year, and
not grant a molecule to carbon emissions. Trees are a closed cycle. A lump
of coal on the other hand, is a million years of tree growth.

darnoc. (listening to a fat stack of new Foreplay albums)

Old February 9th 07, 04:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 8 Feb 2007 17:12:30 -0800, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

On Feb 6, 3:33 am, "Andy" wrote:
well bob its been over a year we going to see pictures of youre honda yet?

it's what, a late 70's Honda ?

that thing must smell nice...but it's all he can afford... snip

You just don't learn, do you, ****tard?
Old February 9th 07, 04:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default 66-catalina funny

http://nudowatch.blogspot.com