The RIGHT way to move a Seeburg M100

Old September 19th 06, 08:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Phil

Default The RIGHT way to move a Seeburg M100

Gentlemen (and ladies):
I've been lurking here in the shadows the past few weeks, trying to
increase my knowledge of the Jukebox topic. I've re-built and owned an
AMI Rowe TI-1 for the last five years or so, and while it is a sturdy,
reliable juke, the aesthetics leave a lot to be desired (IMHO).

I have just swung a deal to purchase a fairly decent looking M100B, and
have already ordered the Service/Parts manual and Ron Richs' Seeburg
Mechanism Guide, but haven't received them yet.
What is the best way to secure the mechanism and the box in general if
I am going to be strapping it to the interior of an enclosed trailer?
Is there a right and a wrong way of putting it onto a furniture dolly
or hand-truck? The top glass DOES make me a little nervous.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
Phil

Old September 19th 06, 10:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Joseph A. 'Tony' Dziedzic

At minimum you'll want to tighten down the three nuts that secure the
mechanism base to its support rails (two on one side, one on the other). If
you're totally paranoid AND you can find the original wing screws that were
used when the machine was originally shipped from the factory you could
install those to secure the carriage assembly so it won't move from side to
side. As for using a hand truck, if the doors are wide enough it will be
easier to truck from the rear, but since the sides on the "B" are very flat
you can truck from a side if need be.

Be sure the lid is locked down before you move the box.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Old September 20th 06, 02:01 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Phil

Tony:
Thanks for the assist.... I have a feeling that I'm going to be getting
"intimate" with that Select-O-Matic mechanism sooner than later....
The guy's description to me about the box's function was:

"This juke box is in working order (sort of), but it definitely needs a
"tune up." It powers up, the lights come on, and it responds to
commands on the keypad. The volume is a little low, so I always played
it through external speakers. This machine has been sitting idly in a
basement game room and has been played very little in the past 10 years
or so. Let me be perfectly clear, this machine grudgingly played the
records the last time I tried it, a few months ago, but it is not ready
to plug and play without some attention.".

So.... I'm guessing that the pinbank and the mechanism need to be
cleaned and lubricated. I'm assuming that jukes are like EM pins are
like any old electromechanical device. You stop running/playing it and
it just hardens and gums everything up. This Select-O-Matic worked with
100 sets of electromagnets, didn't it? I thought that I heard that
somewhere.
Again, thanks for the answer. I don't think that I'm going to find
those wing nuts around anywhere...