"In The Mail" Saturday W/e 7/12/03

Old July 12th 03, 07:08 PM
Kenneth465

Default "In The Mail" Saturday W/e 7/12/03

Can't believe another week has come and gone, but it has and it has been a fun
week. Great weather, some fun autographs and some good times to boot.

We headed on down to Six Flags of New England for a day, and up to the
mountains for another. Also had the opportunity to take in the Atlantic League
All Star game on Wed night and picked up a few in persons. Saw a post the
other day about minor league opportunities and if you ever have the chance it
is surely a fun time. Rickey Henderson was being a little tough this trip but
he was signing baseballs, and that was about it.

But the other in persons included:

Francisco Morales Masaru Imazeki
Randi Mallard Bryon Gainey
Butch Hobson Chop Pough
Brandon Jackson Michael Warner
Raul Marval Del Mathers
Tommy Taylor Chris Peterson
Jerry Amador Mike Lopez-Ciao
Damian Sapp Alex Eckelman
Justin Davies Andy Zwirchitz
Raul Marval Matt Dryer
Alex Eckelman Hector Kullan
Dwight Maness Brad Strauss
Jeff Nettles Bill Twomey
Pedro Bourbon Jr. Jason Torres
Isaias Nunez Damon Ponce DeLeon
Charlie Sherman (WMUR Sports)
Kevin Baez Tim Garland
Still have some I am working on and will post those with next weeks list.

The in the mail:
First the return to senders:

JD Cannon (actor)
45 w 60TH Street #10J
New York, NY 10023
stamped: no forwarding address on file

Bobby Gene Smith (baseball)
1836 Kennedy Place
Dupont, Wa 98327-9790
did receive a new address and will report on results when and if

Allen Smith (football)
1220 Walker Drive; Apt A
Decatur, GA 30030-5709
stamped: unable to deliver as addressed

and as usual if anyone has a better address for any of those listed above it
would be most welcome.

and then one failu

Garrett Willis (golf)
C/o Dan Willis
Loudon, TN 37774-3171
handwritten note with my cards returned explaining that he only signs in person

But then a couple of successes to report for the week and they include:

ACTRESS

Bobbie Bresee (scream Queen)
PO Box 1222
Hollywood, Ca 90078
sent 6/13/03
received 7/12/03
received 2 8x10 bw signed photo's, my index card signed and a Scream Queen
trading card signed and inscribed

RACING

Derrike Cope
C/o Quest Motor Racing
103 Center Lane
Huntersville, NC 28078
received 2/2 sports trading cards signed

Steve Hmiel
C/o Roush Racing
7020 Aviation Blvd
Concord, NC 28027
received 2/2 sports trading cards signed

Doug Richert
My apologies but I forgot where I sent this one. If anyone needs it let me
know and I will search for it.

GOLF

Jerry Pate
5 Hyde Park Road
Pensacola, Fl 32503-5830
sent 6/24/03
received 7/7/03
received 1 trading card signed

Tom Shaw
C/O pga
sent 6/24/03
received 7/8/03
received 1 trading card signed

Gil Morgan
PO Box 806
Edmond, Ok 73083-0806
sent 6/24/03
received 7/11/03
received 1 trading card signed

Kenny Perry
418 Quail Ridge Road
Franklin, Ky 42134-9650
sent 6/24/03
received 7/10/03
received 1 trading card signed

Morris Hatalsky
37 Windsong Drive
Fairview, NC 28730-9700
sent 6/23/03
received 7/10/03
received 2 trading cards signed

Bob Brue
c/o pga
sent 6/25/03
received 7/11/03
received 1 trading card signed

D.A. Weibring
c/o pga
sent 6/26/03
received 7/11/03
received 1 trading card signed

Bob Estees
4408 Long Champ Dr #21
Austin, Tx 78746-1186
sent 6/20/03
received 7/11/03
received 2 trading cards signed

Curtis Strange
137 Thomas Dl
Wiliamsburg, Va 23185
sent 6/21/03
received 7/12/03
received 1 trading card signed, other card returned unsigned

FOOTBALL

Rupert Pate
428 Shadowbrook Drive
Burlington, NC 27215-4775
sent 6/29/03
received 7/8/03
received index card signed

Mike Mercer
64463 McGrath Road
Bend, Or 97701-8830
sent 6/26/03
received 7/8/03
received index card signed

Bob Lee
and another one I messed up on. I could look it up should someone want this
address. This fellow played for the Green Bay Packers.

Bob Summerhays
7 Barra Lane
Bella Vista, AR 72715-5579
sent 6/27/03
received 7/8/03
received index card signed

Paul Latzke
1325 Prospect St
Santa Cruz, Ca 95062-4861
sent 6/10/03
received 7/9/03
received index card signed

OLYMPIC ATHLETES

Chris Roberts
C/o Western Carolina Univ
Cullowhee, NC 28723
sent 6/24/03
received 7/8/03
received index card signed

Leroy Burrell
1801 Ocean Park Blvd
Santa Monica, Ca 90405
sent 10/9/01
received 7/12/03 yup-just under two years
received a small signed photo he sent and my index card signed as well

BASEBALL

Garrett Larkin
C/O Nashua Pride
sent 7/5/03
received 7/9/03
received 2/2 sports trading cards signed

Gary Jones
C/o Fort Wayne Wizards
sent 5/28/03
received 7/9/03
received 1/1 trading card signed

Dave Lemonds
2722 Hillmont Drive
Charlotte, NC 28226-2928
sent 6/11/03
received 7/10/03
received index card signed

Tom Parsons
6556 Twickenham St NW
Canton, Oh 44706-1085
sent 6/28/03
received 7/12/03
received index card signed

And that was my week. I hope yours was equally fun.

Although I am going to get a ton of emails from this, let me just make a quick
comment to the many wonderful folks in our groups and in the newsgroup as well.

I hope you can tell that I have a great time with this hobby, whether it is an
in person, a through the mail, or an auction win, or even the failures, and the
return to senders it is a challenge. The key to what we all do is supposed to
have fun and provide us with something to do in our spare time. It is after
all, for most, just a hobby.

There are many folks in all the groups who have great knowledge and insight
into many different areas of the hobby, and we should be utilizing their
knowledge and skills to improve our own. I communicate quite often with others
through email and off group because the topic would be of little interest to
others.

Be patient with the newcomers, and enjoy the sharing that most of us do.
Ignore those posts that can from time to time be extremely annoying. But most
important is to remember it is just a hobby. It is supposed to be fun.

ENJOY

til next time....
hope all your mailboxes are full
see ya