Romania~tete beche

Old April 5th 09, 11:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Default Romania~tete beche

Would someone with a sophisticated Stanley Gibbons catalogue,
be able to offer a cat number for these two please?
http://cjoint.com/data/eiaRFzsfi6.htm

Thank you.

Old April 6th 09, 01:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Apr 5, 6:44*pm, "rodney" wrote:
Would someone with a sophisticated Stanley Gibbons catalogue,
be able to offer a cat number for these two please?http://cjoint.com/data/eiaRFzsfi6.htm

Thank you.

Hello Rodney:

I will bet you that you will not find these stamps in Stanley
Gibbons or any other major stamp catalogue.

Victor may wish to correct me, but I would suggest that
these "stamps" are issues of the Romanian (Royalist ?)
"Government-in-Exile". I believe that their office was in Spain.

(The stamps hold clues to this. Can you find them?)

For these stamps, you would have to obtain a copy of
the catalogue by Popescu and Strejnicu.

Another stamp was issued by Romania in January 1959
for the centenary. Here is a First Day Cover of the issued stamp.
It is listed in the catalogues. .
http://i.ebayimg.com/06/!BO5V0Gg!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKjkEjlLm(yt(BJw98cDMCw~~_1.JP G

Blair

Old April 6th 09, 02:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Sharp as a Gillete razor, Blair
It had not occurred to me.
(even when I read the "Kallmeyer Madrid")
I am a bit miffed I didn't click onto that

Thanks very much.

Old April 6th 09, 03:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Apr 5, 9:47*pm, "rodney" wrote:
Sharp as a Gillete razor, Blair
It had not occurred to me.
(even when I read the "Kallmeyer Madrid")
I am a bit miffed I didn't click onto that *

Thanks very much.

The key actually was that the stamps were inscribed Romania. .
If they came from Bucharest, they would have been inscribed
R.P.Romina .

Blair
Old April 6th 09, 04:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

.... as I was advised off list.
Seems everbody knew that but me
Thanks All.

"Blair"

Old April 6th 09, 05:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Thanks to Jill for the link,
and Bob Frame for the infomation.

100th anniversary unification
Romania, Moldova and Muntenia 24 january 1959
4 values, 15b, 25b, 50b, 75b different colors
Issue: 10.000 perforated, 2.000 imperforated, 3.000 blocks,
1.000 philatelic souvenir cartons, 1.000 FDC (4x250)

"Blair"

Old April 8th 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Apr 6, 12:34*am, "rodney" wrote:
Thanks to Jill for the link,
and Bob Frame for the infomation.

100th anniversary unification
Romania, Moldova and Muntenia *24 january 1959
4 values, 15b, 25b, 50b, 75b *different colors
Issue: 10.000 perforated, 2.000 imperforated, 3.000 blocks,
1.000 philatelic souvenir cartons, 1.000 FDC (4x250)

"Blair"
The key actually was that the stamps were inscribed Romania. *.
If they came from Bucharest, they would have been inscribed
R.P.Romina .

Blair

Rod:

Here is your stamp set. 4 stamps in the set.
Set issued in 4 colour combos.
http://www.cinderellas.info/wittcoll...s/107423.3.jpg

Blair
Old April 8th 09, 04:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Thanks Blair,
I had missed those at Richard C Witt.
He quotes the publication "The Cinderella Philatelist"
is that an Oxymoron?