Difference between dealer and collector? Definition please?

Old July 27th 04, 04:49 PM
dahoov2

Default Difference between dealer and collector? Definition please?

For the record, this email is put here only for purposes of record
keeping and to warn others on this group if they receive emails from
this person. See the email below the response.

I am no dealer. If I was, then I would state so as there is no shame
in it unless selling forgeries or the like.

I am selling off some of the items I PURCHASED and no longer want. No
different than a garage sale. For those with peon brains who don't
know the difference between dealers and collectors, anyone care to
give this person who keeps stalking me a definition?

To me a dealer is someone set up in a business to sell autographs or
other items. One hopefully that is licesnsed, pays appropriate taxes
and who does this for a living and who profits from sales.

I do NOT sell like this. I have listed items on Ebay that I have
PURCHASED and hopefully get my money back. It's rare a profit is
realized for me to be truthful and even is so, that doesn't qualify me
as a dealer.

GET A LIFE and do NOT email me ever again. And before you go spouting
off saying I lie about everything, think about what you say and do
some research. You sound like a rude, stalking and unintelligent
idiot.

Old July 27th 04, 05:54 PM
Isuamlmbf

This is true. I offered people here a Warwick Davis signed Episode I
book for $10 plus shipping and tried to sell it on Ebay for the same
and got NO interested emails about it.

Wow, you always said you were not a dealer. Caught you in another lie.

Lets pull out the dicrionary and put this to rest. The concise American
Heritage Dictionary defines dealer as "Anyone who is engaged in selling" Your
post says you SOLD autographs on Ebay. Whatever your purpose, that made you a
dealer. So again you were caught in a LIE. Everytime you get caught you try to
argue your way out of it, but it is your own words that you get caught up in.
A lie is not telling the truth.
A dealer is anyone who sells.
Multiples are anything more than one.
Can it be nade any more simple for you?

Old July 27th 04, 06:09 PM
dahoov2

LOL I don't believe that is a dealer; that's a broad definition. But
if that's what the definition says, you got me. You are gonna keep
stalking, using semantics, trying to find SOMETHING to make yourself
right. You win, but let me reiterate... DO NOT email me again.

PS when you use a dictionary or make a statement quoting something, do
not take it out of text. That his NOT what the dictionary you siad
says.....Here's a copy and pasted from dictionary.com:

One that is engaged in buying and selling: a used-car dealer; a drug
dealer.
Games. The one who distributes cards.

[Download or Buy Now]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language,
Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Oh, and the examples they give, show a BUSINESS as the practice of
buying and selling; not an individual garage saling their previous
bought items. I am NOT in a business. So you are trying to win on
Semantics. Oh, you better go to the dictionary to figure out what
that word means!

Old July 27th 04, 06:13 PM
dahoov2

One more thing, I see you left out the quintessential dictionary that
people in the real word use as the definitive source: Websters.
Here's Websters:

Main Entry: 2deal
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): dealt /'delt/; deal·ing /'dE-li[ng]/
transitive senses
1 a : to give as one's portion : APPORTION tried to deal justice to
all dealt out three sandwiches apiece b : to distribute (playing
cards) to players in a game
2 : ADMINISTER, DELIVER dealt him a blow
3 : SELL deals marijuana
intransitive senses
1 : to distribute the cards in a card game
2 : to concern oneself or itself the book deals with education
3 a : to engage in bargaining : TRADE b : to sell or distribute
something as a business deal in insurance
4 a : to take action with regard to someone or something deal with an
offender b : to reach or try to reach a state of acceptance or
reconcilement trying to deal with her son's death

If you'll notice, they spell it out for you instead of giving you
examples you cannot understand in American Heritage. They tell you in
3a that it's to distribute as a business. Since I am not registered
with the BBB, do not have a small business license, do not engage in
selling items that would require my filing income tax income, I am not
a business.

But hey, you wanna win... you won. Everyone here is a dealer.
EVERYONE who ever sold anything they owned ever in their life!

Old July 27th 04, 06:25 PM
Terry

Sorry to butt in here but this is my definition of a dealer:
Someone who derives all or a very large portion of their income from
buying and selling memorabilia. Someone who sells ten signatures
on ebay to buy one Walt Disney (you get my point) is, in my opinion, not
a dealer.

Terry
Old July 27th 04, 06:47 PM
J.R.

Someone who sells occasionally via the internet or garage/yard sale a dealer
does not make. A dealer is some one with a business who's soul purpose is to
derive a profit/living from what ever endeavor he/she chooses. Examples, I sell
my car thats parked on the corner of an intersection. Does this make me a car
dealer? No. I actively buy and sell used cars either from my home or another
location. I have all the required paper work so that makes me a dealer. I sell
some of my older comic books on ebay, does this mean I'm a comic book dealer?
No. By your definition, God forbid I sell my buddy a box of aspirin, that
would make me a drug dealer. Common sense is needed here. You can make any
argument by taking things out of context and being petty. And it takes a
little guts to admit you are wrong I don't know what your beef is, but your
grasping nothing but straws here. Life is too short to go around annoying
folks. See the trees, smell the flowers, its just a hobby. The world does not
hinge on what we do. And no one person collects like another, or believes like
others. Just let it go.
Old July 27th 04, 09:54 PM
Michael

Who Cares??? Another worthless thread..

Old July 28th 04, 02:09 PM
Bdrx

I diagree, it's good to hash stuff out, maybe it helped change
someones opinion or clearify how we see things.

Sue don't worry, you rock and your friends know it! Anyone who
complains or gives you a hard time is just missing out on a cool email
pal!

Bob
Old July 28th 04, 03:30 PM
Swapei2003

Isn't it hilarrious how Sue brings this all upon herself.
She uses wording in her posts without thinking about what she says.
She slams "dealers" than admits that she lists items for resale on Ebay. Thus
making her a hypocrite.
When someone points it out to her she calls them rude and accuses them of
stalking.
Sue should learn to accept criticism.
I personally have exchanged many e-mails with isuamlmbf, he has given me much
help with inperson experiences and mail advice. TO BAD SUE RAN HIM OFF FROM
THIS NEWSGROUP, WE ALL LOST BECAUSE OF HER.
Maybe if Sue would just admit that she is wrong and issue a public appology he
would start making posts again.
Everyone thinks the sun rises and sets in Sue, but if you read her words
carefully you will see her for what she truely is. A liar, a hypocrite, someone
who has nothing better to do than slam people for what they do, then later
admit that she does the same thing, (redundant, but had to make sure she
understands)
As for isuamlmbf Sue is wrong, he is a member of the mensa society.