Jersey

Old July 19th 03, 01:04 PM
Mike Terry

Default Jersey

Complete mint from start of post office in 1960s, anyone any idea of value?

Thanks

Mike

Old July 19th 03, 02:37 PM
David F.

Complete mint from start of post office in 1960s, anyone any idea of value?

Thanks

Mike

Not sure of total value, but try browsing this
Website - they sell a lot of Jersey, including
complete collections, in their Sale Magazines....

www.rushstamps.co.uk

Regards,

David.

Old July 19th 03, 09:01 PM
TC

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:04:30 +0000 (UTC), "Mike Terry"
wrote:

Complete mint from start of post office in 1960s, anyone any idea of value?

Thanks

Mike

Which country?

Blair
Ottawa, Canada

Old July 20th 03, 06:03 AM
Mike Terry

Hi Blair

One sale price for the lot.

Mike

wrote:

Complete mint from start of post office in 1960s, anyone any idea of

value?

Thanks

Mike

Re :Jersey

Which value are you looking for?

The value that a stamp dealer would pay you, for it,
would be less than his selling price to you.

For an example of one dealer's current SELL prices, please see:

Jersey Definitives and Postage Dues 1969 - 2001
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/allswell/jerseyUS.html

Jersey Commemoratives 1969 - 2000
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/allswell/jerseycommUS.html

I hope this is helpful.

Blair

Old July 20th 03, 03:35 PM
TC

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:03:59 +0000 (UTC), "Mike Terry"
wrote:

Hi Blair

One sale price for the lot.

Mike

To maximize your return, you would be better off
to sell seperate sets (eg on eBay)

Blair

Old July 20th 03, 06:14 PM
Mike Terry

Bob,

As I suspected the face value of the stamps must be close to that!

So not a good financial investment, still I collect them because they are
well designed and interesting. I have requested their Postmaster ( a lady I
believe) more than once to cut down on miniature sheets, particularly with
high value stamps. The PO write me very convincing letters about their issue
policy which is moderate but still costs me a lot! I suppose its a licence
to print money but demand will fall if they don't keep it under proper
control (which to be fair they seem to do, but there's always room for
improvement and not giving in to temptation!).

Never mind as I doubt I will ever sell them and will probably remain a
Jersey Philatelic Bureau subscriber as I have been since the late 60s/early
70s.

Regards

Mike

The
"Bob Harper" wrote in message
Mike,
When I started collecting Jersey I bought a similar collection for £140.00
but this was in 1997 so I would say about £180 these days. My purchase was
from a stamp Auction. I have no idea what you would have to pay if you
bought it from a dealer. I expect that selling such a collection to a

dealer
might raise £100 if you were lucky.
HTH
Bob

Old July 20th 03, 10:57 PM
David F.

[...]

Hi Mike....

Dauwalder's 2003 List has the complete Jersey Commemorative set
from 1969-2001 at £380 - Unmounted Mint.

They are at: www.worldstamps.co.uk

David.

Old July 21st 03, 12:53 AM
Frank Emanuel

On a related note. I wonder if the Channel Islands don't CTO stamps. The
reason is I have had some rather large pile go through my hands, mostly of
the same few stamps. Which makes me wonder how many are actually postally
used. IIRC they are usually nicely cancelled. Maybe letter writing is a
national pasttime for the islands though ;-)

Frank

Old July 21st 03, 03:16 AM
Eric Bustad

Frank Emanuel wrote:
On a related note. I wonder if the Channel Islands don't CTO stamps. The
reason is I have had some rather large pile go through my hands, mostly of
the same few stamps. Which makes me wonder how many are actually postally
used. IIRC they are usually nicely cancelled. Maybe letter writing is a
national pasttime for the islands though ;-)

Frank

The Channel Islands get a lot of tourists, who write postcards home.
They are also a big site for shady finance, being under British
protection, yet not under the jurisdiction of the British Parlement.
So there may be a lot of business mail.

= Eric