off topic: Bam Magera

Old April 27th 04, 01:33 PM
dahoov2

Default off topic: Bam Magera

Someone posted about him the other day I didn't know who they were
talking about (though I realized I'd seen that guy before). That show
(I guess named after him) is frightening and sick. What garbage we
let on TV now for our kids to mimic. They do dangerous stuff, show NO
RESPECT to adults, family, people's property and cuss... I may be
getting old I guess, but there is NO REDEEMING value in this show.

By asking for autographs from this crap, I wonder how much that
influences them to keep on doing it.

www.starwarsautographcollecting.com
http://dahoov2.topcities.com

Old April 27th 04, 06:14 PM
dahoov2

At least the film had some redeeming values... like loyalty and good
triumphing over evil.

I am proud to be a geek!

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:11:16 -0400, "Bluesmantiny"
wrote:

And being a star wars geek is any better??

news

Old April 27th 04, 07:49 PM
Robert de Ridder

Good answer.

"dahoov2" schreef in bericht

wrote:

And being a star wars geek is any better??

news

Old April 27th 04, 07:50 PM
Stewart20fan

That is why they invented a dial on the TV. So if you don't like it, you
can change the channel!!. In addition, parents should and better be
controlling what they allow their children to watch. TV does not equal
babysitter.

So stop complaining and start changing the channel!!!

wrote:

And being a star wars geek is any better??

news

Old April 27th 04, 08:07 PM
dahoov2

I did change the channel after a few minutes of watching them wrap a
family member in saran wrap and leaving him out exposed in the snow
strapped to a truck. They showed a commercial where they make him do
dangerous stunts and stuff that could give him a heart attack (he's
way overweight). I noted them trying to light paper on fire in the
middle of the house to upset the same guy and visiting houses for sale
and breaking a lamp/vase in that house and laughing about it.

What concerns me is the adults watching it and wanting their sigs...
WHY isn't it the point to ask for people's autographs because you
respect their work? What is the purpose if not that (other than
sale)? No wonder we have the trolls and responses what we do
sometimes.

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:50:57 GMT, "Stewart20fan"
wrote:

That is why they invented a dial on the TV. So if you don't like it, you
can change the channel!!. In addition, parents should and better be
controlling what they allow their children to watch. TV does not equal
babysitter.

So stop complaining and start changing the channel!!!

.. .

wrote:

And being a star wars geek is any better??

news Someone posted about him the other day I didn't know who they were

Old April 28th 04, 04:07 AM
Bcoton

I just took a look at this thread and something Sue said hit a chord: about
getting autographs from negative influences. I honestly don't understand
people who collect Nazi signatures or serial murders. I find it highly
disturbing and disgusting. I will support the hobby to an extend (I mean I
don't collect sports or reality tv stars but I'm happy for people who do) but I
draw the line at certain areas. It makes me sick.
Old April 28th 04, 06:57 AM
Karl

BAM made his name way before any of these tv shows as a professional
skateboader.

-karl-

Old April 28th 04, 05:30 PM
dahoov2

Still, a Historic signature from Hitler is one thing (unless your life
is collecting Nazi paraphenlia because you want to be like that...)
however, I can see a WWII collector wanting ONE signature... it's
history. What I can't understand though is writing to pop culture
shows/acts that don't do ANYTHING postivie to influence society. I
mean, asking for their signatures is telling them how great they are
and telling the producers how much you love what you see. THAT IS
HORRIBLE!

Old April 28th 04, 05:35 PM
dahoov2

That's awesome and if he did some good from it like encouraging kids
and promotiing safety or whatever, cool. But once he meandered his
way to promoting danger, cruelty, immatureness, showing disrespect to
others, people should not encourage it. Too bad he chose that path.