"silver" coloured 2009 UK 1p coin

Old September 30th 13, 04:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default "silver" coloured 2009 UK 1p coin

Hello. While sorting through a huge pile of change that I have accumulated over the last couple of years, I came across a silver coloured 2009 1p coin.. It isn't just an especially new and shiny one. It really is a markedly different colour than the rest. looking closely, I can see at least one tiny spot of coppery colour on the face, but the overall impression is the colour of a 5p or 10p coin.
My question is: is this coin worth further investigation, or is it uninteresting? I read a story in the papers, a while ago, of a woman who found something similar and believed it might be worth more than face value.
Advice appreciated.
Regards, Jim.
Old September 30th 13, 04:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Monday, September 30, 2013 11:43:04 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hello. While sorting through a huge pile of change that I have accumulated over the last couple of years, I came across a silver coloured 2009 1p coin. It isn't just an especially new and shiny one. It really is a markedly different colour than the rest. looking closely, I can see at least one tiny spot of coppery colour on the face, but the overall impression is the colour of a 5p or 10p coin.

My question is: is this coin worth further investigation, or is it uninteresting? I read a story in the papers, a while ago, of a woman who found something similar and believed it might be worth more than face value.

Advice appreciated.

Regards, Jim.

Sound to me like it was plated after leaving the mint. I am of the belief that it isn't worth more than face value. It has also been my experience that many people believe that their coins are worth more than they really are.
Old October 2nd 13, 11:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Leonides

Hello. While sorting through a huge pile of change that I have accumulated over
the last couple of years, I came across a silver coloured 2009 1p coin. It
isn't just an especially new and shiny one. It really is a markedly different
colour than the rest. looking closely, I can see at least one tiny spot of
coppery colour on the face, but the overall impression is the colour of a 5p or
10p coin.

My question is: is this coin worth further investigation, or is it
uninteresting? I read a story in the papers, a while ago, of a woman who found
something similar and believed it might be worth more than face value.
Advice appreciated.
Regards, Jim.

Frank Provasek sells these coins all the time - he makes them in his basement
from Lone Star beer cans!

Old October 3rd 13, 12:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jason Burke[_2_]

On 10/2/2013 3:20 PM, Leonides wrote:
Hello. While sorting through a huge pile of change that I have
accumulated over the last couple of years, I came across a silver
coloured 2009 1p coin. It isn't just an especially new and shiny one.
It really is a markedly different colour than the rest. looking
closely, I can see at least one tiny spot of coppery colour on the
face, but the overall impression is the colour of a 5p or 10p coin.

My question is: is this coin worth further investigation, or is it
uninteresting? I read a story in the papers, a while ago, of a woman who
found something similar and believed it might be worth more than face
value.
Advice appreciated.
Regards, Jim.

Frank Provasek sells these coins all the time - he makes them in his
basement from Lone Star beer cans!

nice to see you back, Bobby F!
Gas didn't work last time? Or did you accidentally leave the windows
partway open?