The end of the Golden Dollar?

Old December 7th 03, 05:16 AM
Joe Fischer

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 15:00:42 -0600, Vector wrote:

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 15:49:54 -0500, Joe Fischer wrote:
What would you suggest I do with the one I got from
a stamp vending machine that will not work in other vending
machines?

They don't accept coins at the grocery store?

I have enough concern for the vending industry to
not put a slug back in circulation.

I am also interested in finding out why this coin was
refused repeatedly. It has some scratches around the rim,
but no noticeable burrs, it weighs the same, it is the same
size, and just a little brown with no crud.

If any more like this are found they should be
studied. If anybody knows what kind of tests were
done to estimate useful life before minting started,
please let me know.

Joe Fischer

Old December 7th 03, 06:16 AM
Vector

No Shred Man, I don't and neither should you. The etymology of "renewable
resource" is probably as new as your 30 y/o quarter and is typically used in an
environmental reference. And as far as a tree farm not being a forest, that's
as absurd as a cemetary not being a graveyard. You know, the resting place of
that almightiest of renewable resources? Go read a book on modern forestry and
selective logging before you open that yap again.

#1, and hear me clearly, I first set foot in the room on November 9th,
nearly a month before your friend Shred Vector. I am not the person
you wish to match ill spirited wits with. I do not deserve to be
treated like a troll.

Furthermore, you are incorrect about the forest issue. Tree Farms are
normally a single species desert which have only a superficial
resemblance to a real forest ecosystem. I know a little bit about it
simply by living in an area with thousands of square miles of tree
farms within a few minute's drive.

The definition of forest doesn't resemble any tree farm I've ever
seen, except for the large area bit.

1. A dense growth of trees, plants, and underbrush covering a large
area.

Quit with the hateful banter, whatever it is that has you ****ed at
the world ... wasn't my doing.
Old December 7th 03, 12:53 PM
Christian Feldhaus

RR wrote:

Here's my suggested replacement for the Golden Dollar...

http://home.alltel.net/randyric/coins/GoldenDollar.jpg

Won't work. Not three mottos, not two, not even one. And, what, the
value is indicated by a _digit_? Nah.

SCNR ;-)
Christian
Old December 7th 03, 04:16 PM
Barney

Andrew W Applegarth wrote in
:

Pardon me for pointing this out, but I think that it's hilarious to
suggest feeding bills into a vending machine just to get GDs so that you
don't have to feed bills into vending machines...

It's easier than dealing with a bank that may not currently have any Golden
Dollars. It's also easier than trying to get some from retailers since
many don't have any in their registers...if they did, Golden Dollars would
be as available as quarters from any store at any hour.

Most postal machines at post offices (that I know of) are available 24
hours a day.

Barney
Old December 7th 03, 04:25 PM
Coin Saver

From: jstonefeel

No one's encouraging you to read them...

My reading them wasn't the point. The point is they're mindless, repetitive
banter with no viable substance and seemingly no end, just circular ad
barfinitum drivel.

as is true of ALL coin posts. Perhaps you'd be happier reading the
Extra-Terrestrial Aliens NGs ... they're anything butt boring.
Coin Saver
Old December 7th 03, 04:26 PM
Coin Saver

From: jstonefeel

Don't answer please, just speaking out loud practicing my mindlessness...

Too late.

8-)
Coin Saver
Old December 7th 03, 04:28 PM
Coin Saver

From: Vector

"Those" are the real numbers.

According to YOU.

.... and you should learn to trust these numbers, for a very good reason. Wanna
know why??

...... CUZ THEY'RE RIGHT
.... duuuuh ....

8-D

Coin Saver
Old December 7th 03, 09:13 PM

To change the subject:
Anyone have a suggestion for a politically correct women for the next dollar
design?
Old December 7th 03, 10:12 PM
Bob Peterson

wrote in message

To change the subject:
Anyone have a suggestion for a politically correct women for the next

dollar
design?

My vote goes to lady liberty.