Saturday Morning Book Hunt

Old June 11th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Saturday Morning Book Hunt

It's all bad enough when you buy a book only to find you have it at home. But
to buy a book at 1:00 pm that is (nearly) the same as one you bought at 8:30 am,
AND which you also have at home. Makes me wonder if those pills for memory
work. At least the 8:30 am copy was older than the other two.

Francis A. Miniter
Old June 12th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message
It's all bad enough when you buy a book only to find you have it at home.
But to buy a book at 1:00 pm that is (nearly) the same as one you bought
at 8:30 am, AND which you also have at home. Makes me wonder if those
pills for memory work. At least the 8:30 am copy was older than the other
two.

Francis A. Miniter

As long as you remember to take the memory pills......

Kris

Old June 12th 06, 12:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Kris Baker wrote:

As long as you remember to take the memory pills......

So tell us Kris, why is it you scream about off-topic posts on this
group yet you continually start or respond to off-topic threads?
Do you think you have special rights no one else has or are you just a
hypocrite?
--
RWF

Old June 12th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Bob wrote:

Francis A. Miniter wrote:

It's all bad enough when you buy a book only to find you have it at home. But
to buy a book at 1:00 pm that is (nearly) the same as one you bought at 8:30 am,
AND which you also have at home. Makes me wonder if those pills for memory
work. At least the 8:30 am copy was older than the other two.

Another off-topic post from a self-righteous prig who complains about
everyone else's off-topic posts.
What a hypocrite!
--
RWF

And I thought book collecting was the topic of this newsgroup. How
wrong I was and how grateful I am to you for your humbly delivered
correction. I bow to your perspicacity, your gentility, your wit and
your wisdom. By the way, Saturday I did acquire a very interesting
book on euphemism and dysphemism. Euphemism is where you use a nice
word in place of a nasty one.

Francis A. Miniter
Old June 12th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
And I thought book collecting was the topic of this newsgroup.

How do your memory problems have anything to do with book collecting?
They don't and you are a hypocrite.

Old June 12th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
And I thought book collecting was the topic of this newsgroup. How
wrong I was and how grateful I am to you for your humbly delivered
correction. I bow to your perspicacity, your gentility, your wit and
your wisdom. By the way, Saturday I did acquire a very interesting
book on euphemism and dysphemism. Euphemism is where you use a nice
word in place of a nasty one.

Francis, if you're going to feed a troll, at least give it a meal!

Old June 14th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Kris Baker wrote:
Go, Francis!

Tell us again why it's wrong for everyone else to make OT posts in this
NG but OK for you Kris.
Oh, that's right - it's because you are a shameless hypocrite!
--
RWF