Laughable Ebay scam email. Here's what I got

Old July 24th 05, 02:17 PM
Sue H

Default Laughable Ebay scam email. Here's what I got

I got this email and like to read them to make sure if there is a link
or not. Link means Ebay did not send it and so that's one way to tell
if these things are legit. Read this and see if you can spot another
way to show it's not legit (there are two things....) NOte, the link
is missing here because of the cut and paste.....

FIT : Fraud Investigations Team : case 1281 / 2005 .

Creating a safe, well lit marketplace is priority #1 for eBay's Trust
& Safety team. When people break our policies, violate consumer trust
and the law of the land, eBay and PayPal work with law enforcement
throughout the world to apprehend and prosecute fraudsters. Our
diligence in this area is evidenced by the arrests that are made and
the trust that is built both within the community and with law
enforcement. Most importantly, we do this without compromising our
commitment to our member's privacy. eBay, Inc., has established a
Fraud Investigations Team (FIT) to promote safe use of our platforms,
and to collaborate with law enforcement throughout the world to
enforce policies, prosecute fraudsters and help keep our Community
safe.

Valued eBay Member,
We are contacting you to remind you that on 24 JUL 2005 we identified
some unusual activity in your account coming from a foreign IP address
:

capitol.guatemala-203-pc.in ( IP address located in India ) . We have
been notified that a card associated with your account has been
reported as lost or stolen and involved in fraudulent transactions, or
that there were additional problems with your card.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the
real owner of the eBay account by completing the following form or
else your account will be marked as fraudulent , and will remain open
for investigation. You will pay for the fees wich will result from the
financial transactions between eBay and FIT ( Fraud Investigations
Team ) .

Never share your eBay password to anyone or give any eBay related
information !

Establish your proof of identity with ID Verify (free of charge) - an
easy way to help others trust you as their trading partner. The
process takes about 5 minutes to complete and involves updating your
eBay information. When you're successfully verified, you will receive
an ID Verify icon in your feedback profile. Currently, the service is
only available to residents of the United States and U.S. territories
(Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Guam.)

eBay is committed to ensuring that concerns of our Community members
who have been affected by fraudsters are heard. Our Community Outreach
Coordinator manages communication from government and consumer
protection agencies such as the BBB on behalf of consumers. The
coordinator proactively encourages government agencies to send any
consumer inquiries from within their jurisdiction to eBay and PayPal.
The coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all victims of crime
on our platforms are treated with fairness and respect and given
regular and accurate updates on the progress of cases where
appropriate. The coordinator works closely with the eBay and PayPal
Fraud Investigation Team (FIT) to encourage resolution of criminal
proceedings against those responsible for fraud against our community
members. Note to eBay members: To help eBay provide the fastest
assistance to law enforcement, the above contact information may only
be used by official government law enforcement or regulatory agencies.

eBay's Privacy Policy and Law Enforcement Disclosu We care deeply
about the privacy of the eBay community and will protect the privacy
of our members even while working closely with law enforcement to
prevent criminal activity. If you are unsure about our privacy
practices, please visit eBay's Privacy Central for more information.

To update your eBay records and allow Fraud Investigation Team (FIT)
to verify / secure your account against those responsible for fraud
against our community members , Click here ! and fill in the FIT form
.. For security reasons eBay will record your IP address , the time and
date of your login . DEliberate wrong inputs are criminally pursued
and indicated . Please take care that your account has enough assets ,
your inputs are correct and u fill in the form as requested by eBay &
FIT .

Old July 24th 05, 06:19 PM
jembieram

Well the spelling and punctuation, not to mention the grammar are a dead
giveaway!

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't ever stop believing........

http://goodsbyjen.cjb.net/
http://morestuffbyjen.cjb.net/

Old July 24th 05, 09:05 PM
Sue H

They used "U" instead of You... something Ebay won't do.

Another thing is the link. If you go into the code, or in this case
cut and past here and the lnk disappears, it tells you where it the
email will be directed too.... and it's not Ebay's customer service
area!!!!

Old July 24th 05, 09:11 PM
joe

I emailed ebay what I got, something a little different, they wrote back
saying it wasn't from them. I get 3-4 a week, I just dump them,

Joe