U.S. Series 1863 $100 Gold Certificate value?

Old November 8th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

Default U.S. Series 1863 $100 Gold Certificate value?

I forgot to mention, I also have a couple of series 1863 $100 Gold
Certificates in AU+ condition that I inherited from my grandmother
awhile back. The serial numbers are 46302 and 46303. On the front it
has an eagle with an American flag and olive branch and a large "100"
printed in green in the background.It says One Hundred Dollars Gold.
It has a red treasury seal printed in the lower right hand side. Above
the seal is a large ornate circle printed in black with 100 in the
middle. The back of the note has an orange design boarder with One
Hundred Dollars printed in a box in orange.

I don't think they are worth much, a collector offered me $300 for
each note. I thought it was a good deal and I am thinking of selling
them to him. Does anybody know the value of this note? Thanks. Billy
Old November 8th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Aram Haroutunian

"note.boy" wrote in message
I forgot to mention, I also have a couple of series 1863 $100 Gold
Certificates in AU+ condition that I inherited from my grandmother
awhile back. The serial numbers are 46302 and 46303. On the front it
has an eagle with an American flag and olive branch and a large "100"
printed in green in the background.It says One Hundred Dollars Gold.
It has a red treasury seal printed in the lower right hand side. Above
the seal is a large ornate circle printed in black with 100 in the
middle. The back of the note has an orange design boarder with One
Hundred Dollars printed in a box in orange.

I don't think they are worth much, a collector offered me $300 for
each note. I thought it was a good deal and I am thinking of selling
them to him. Does anybody know the value of this note? Thanks. Billy

Hi, Billy. I looked in the 15th Edition of the Standard Catalog of United
States Paper Money
and found nothing matching your description. All of the 1863 listings of
any paper
money denominated as $100 show values in the thousands of dollars.
Published in 1996.
HTH.
Aram.

Old November 8th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 04:43:38 GMT, "Aram Haroutunian"
wrote:

This isn't a Confederate note either.

Billy

Old November 8th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
chaox01

Billy, you are sitting on a gold mine. I bet your inherited U. S. notes
together probably worth more than your Scottish collection.

Old November 8th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Brian Blackwell

"note.boy" wrote in message
I forgot to mention, I also have a couple of series 1863 $100 Gold
Certificates in AU+ condition that I inherited from my grandmother
awhile back. The serial numbers are 46302 and 46303. On the front it
has an eagle with an American flag and olive branch and a large "100"
printed in green in the background.It says One Hundred Dollars Gold.
It has a red treasury seal printed in the lower right hand side. Above
the seal is a large ornate circle printed in black with 100 in the
middle. The back of the note has an orange design boarder with One
Hundred Dollars printed in a box in orange.

I don't think they are worth much, a collector offered me $300 for
each note. I thought it was a good deal and I am thinking of selling
them to him. Does anybody know the value of this note? Thanks. Billy

Great price! Those copies are everywhere.

Old November 9th 06, 11:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
noteworthy

Billy,

Just make sure you press them hard and flat with your GE iron on high
before you sell it. The collector will surely appreciate a nicely
groomed note. You might even be able to sell it as a higher grade on
eBay .....

Old November 9th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

"note.boy" wrote in message
On 9 Nov 2006 02:26:39 -0800, "noteworthy" wrote:

Billy,

Just make sure you press them hard and flat with your GE iron on high
before you sell it. The collector will surely appreciate a nicely
groomed note. You might even be able to sell it as a higher grade on
eBay .....

LOL! Billy

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I have greatly enjoyed your
posts in my name BUT I have never posted a message with LOL in it as I think
that only morons do that and I don't want anyone to think that I'm a moron.

A good subject for your next "note.boy" post would be a discussion on the
merits of various soap powders re their suitability for the washing of
notes, I look forward to reading it, over to you.

Posted by Billy ( the real one obviously)

P.S. I presume that you know that by clicking on the details of your
messages it becomes very clear that your posts are from an imitation
note.boy or did you think that you had everyone fooled?

my inserts for your base cards TJMichalak Hockey 0 August 28th 04 05:22 PM
For Sale Dogger Hockey 0 February 4th 04 10:10 AM
GOLD LABEL SINGLES/INSERTS CHEAP Dohh Baseball 0 December 13th 03 02:18 PM
SUPER SALE PART I 66% to 75% OFF BOOK VALUE Rose Hockey 0 December 9th 03 10:32 PM
PART I 10,000 CARDS 66% to 75% OFF BOOK VALUE Rose Hockey 0 December 8th 03 10:00 PM