1922 No D question

Old December 15th 03, 10:33 AM
Alan & Erin Williams

Dan Pon wrote:

Vector wrote in message . ..

You Pros would consider me to be a casual collector. But I've been
aware of the 1922 no mm for decades. Even non-collectors hoard common
date wheat backs. This coin is more than 80 years old, and in VF is
worth "only" $800, within the reach of many collectors. I find it a
lot more believable that this coin was "liberated" illicitly from a
collector than that it remained in circulation all that time. And,
certainly only a very wealthy collector would give away a coin of such
value merely to get anonymous headlines.

The only problem with the stolen coin theory is that even the dumbest
thief knows that the coin collection he stole is worth more than face
and he would've fenced it.

Not the case. ;-(

My house was ransacked in a daylight 'crime spree' by two teenage idiots
a decade ago. They hit maybe a dozen homes, all on the same road,
knocking at the door to ask directions and breaking in if no one
answered. About five different people talked to them and saw their car,
so catching them took about 24 hours.

Once inside, they went straight to the bedrooms and turned everything
inside out looking for only three things; guns, jewelry and money. My
coin collection was spent as cash at a convenience store for gas. The
world coins they threw from the car window into the woods as they drove
around since they couldn't recognize any of it.

Alan
'1910-S Lincoln for 1¢ of hi-test'
Old December 15th 03, 11:02 PM
Stujoe

Had someone come to the website yesterday who had found a 1921 Merc in
change. My first post was Do Not Clean It but it was already too late.
Her husband had taken polish to it. It was apparently in G/VG...I
pointed her to a page where she could get an approximate grade by
pictures.

--
Stujoe
Email: http://tinyurl.com/wu00
Old December 16th 03, 10:31 PM
frank wight

Alan & Erin Williams wrote in message ...
Dan Pon wrote:

Vector wrote in message . ..

[...]

I got robbed by the same mentality. Lost $5,000
worth of assets. Lucky for me, my coin
collection was in the safety deposit box at the time.

I monitored teenage punk/twerp/suspect house for three weeks. I
caught him with a stolen car. He got sent off to childrens
prison for 30 months for that stunt. Here's the icing on
the cake: His parents had to pay for the jailing costs.
Old December 17th 03, 02:39 AM
Bruce Remick

Dan Pon wrote:

Vector wrote in message . ..

[...]

Some things are right in the world! In certain countries, including
some we might call "backward" or "third world", jailbird's families have
to pay for everything beyond the most basic subsistance. Keeps the bill
minimal for the taxpayers. Here we often still pay to keep convicts'
weight rooms equipped and cable TV's updated with our taxes.

Bruce

Old December 17th 03, 05:59 PM
rhodo chrosite

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

In China the family must also pay for the bullet that is used to execute
criminals.

Old December 17th 03, 06:30 PM
PHILLIP COYLE

"rhodo chrosite" wrote in message
s.com...

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

In China the family must also pay for the bullet that is used to execute
criminals.

I monitored teenage punk/twerp/suspect house for three weeks. I
caught him with a stolen car. He got sent off to childrens
prison for 30 months for that stunt. Here's the icing on
the cake: His parents had to pay for the jailing costs.

Some things are right in the world! In certain countries, including
some we might call "backward" or "third world", jailbird's families have
to pay for everything beyond the most basic subsistance. Keeps the bill
minimal for the taxpayers. Here we often still pay to keep convicts'
weight rooms equipped and cable TV's updated with our taxes.

Bruce

That is not the worse thing about locking a crook up. Check it out it

cost's more to keep him there then I get with S.S. disiablty and in it's own
way we are both locked up. Now THAT Sucks.
Phil C.