Stevie Ray vaughan handwriting?

Old August 8th 03, 08:00 PM
Hannibal

Default Stevie Ray vaughan handwriting?

Does any one have a scan of a good sample of Stevie's Handwriting or
Signature? I recently bought a 4 EP Epic Records Demo set and one of
them Has Stevie's Name and the play list for that record written with
what looks like Silver Sharpy ink. The handwriting looks vaguely like
some of the autographs I've seen but I haven't been able to find a
good scan of his writing to compare it too. The person I bought it
from was not promoting it as an autographed piece but I would like to
be able to compare it to others and judge for myself.
If anyone can help please either post it here or E-mail a scan to

Old August 9th 03, 01:23 AM
Barefootmk

well, i think silver sharpies (and silver markers for that matter) weren't
available before stevie died. so i think you may be looking at someone just
writing on the albums and not stevie's handwriting.
Old August 9th 03, 06:52 PM
JHNJB

well, i think silver sharpies (and silver markers for that matter) weren't
available before stevie died.

Silver & Gold markers were around back then. Matter of fact, I got Stevie to
sign one of the 8x10's of him and me in a silver paint pen.
I have quite a few SRV signed items but my scanner is and has been broken for
sometime. Otherwise, I would send a copy your way. Maybe if I saw the item
itself, I could help you out.
Good luck,
JC

Old August 9th 03, 07:16 PM
JHNJB

Silver ink was probably available even before marking pens were invented.

The first time I remember using a silver or gold pen was way back around 1982
when Crosby, Stills and Nash released thier "Daylight Again" album with a dark
cover. They came to town just shortly after the release and after getting
Stills and Nash to sign with the pen, Crosby (being the angel that he is
snicker) signed it and about ruined the album.
Needless to say, the paint pens have come a long way in the past 20 years.
JC