What Does "Bank Wrapped BU Roll Of Nickels" Mean To You?

Old August 7th 03, 07:22 PM
MIckey

Default What Does "Bank Wrapped BU Roll Of Nickels" Mean To You?

To me BU means not being in circulation. Got a roll of 63 Jeffersons
today from Ebay. Yes they are all bright and shiny (brilliant) , but
some definitely have circulation wear in Tom's coat lapels, and on the
triangle on the reverse. I'm Curious as to what this term means to
others?
"Bank Wrapped BU Roll Of Nickels" to me means in a fed wrapped
wrapper, (Yes the wrapper had a bank's name on it) never opened and
put into circulation. Oh well, screw me once shame on you, screw me
twice, shame on me!
Old August 7th 03, 07:26 PM
Linda

Hi --

That's what it means to me, too. Where'd they come from?

om...

Old August 7th 03, 07:36 PM
Bill Krummel

"MIckey" wrote in message
om...
To me BU means not being in circulation. Got a roll of 63 Jeffersons
today from Ebay. Yes they are all bright and shiny (brilliant) , but
some definitely have circulation wear in Tom's coat lapels, and on the
triangle on the reverse. I'm Curious as to what this term means to
others?
"Bank Wrapped BU Roll Of Nickels" to me means in a fed wrapped
wrapper, (Yes the wrapper had a bank's name on it) never opened and
put into circulation. Oh well, screw me once shame on you, screw me
twice, shame on me!

Are you factoring in the notoriously bad strike on many Jefferson nickels?
The triangle is not complete on a lot of uncirculated Jeffs because of
strike or die wear. Bill

Old August 7th 03, 07:46 PM
Linda

I just wrote a guy selling "bu bank wrapped rolls" on ebay, about the same
time as the earlier message posted, coincidentally enough, because he said
he had "bu bank wrapped rolls" but didn't say they were "unopened." I had
written him to ask if they were unopened. Just got his reply and he said
they had been opened. I am betting it's the same guy Mickey got the roll
from.

"Bill Krummel" wrote in message

om...

Old August 7th 03, 10:40 PM
J. A. McNerney

MIckey wrote:

To me BU means not being in circulation. Got a roll of 63 Jeffersons
today from Ebay. Yes they are all bright and shiny (brilliant) , but
some definitely have circulation wear in Tom's coat lapels, and on the
triangle on the reverse. I'm Curious as to what this term means to
others?
"Bank Wrapped BU Roll Of Nickels" to me means in a fed wrapped
wrapper, (Yes the wrapper had a bank's name on it) never opened and
put into circulation. Oh well, screw me once shame on you, screw me
twice, shame on me!

An "unopened or original of fed wrapped" roll is like a box of chocolates

You never know what you are going to get

Just like "unopened proof and mint sets", I won't buy coins I can't see.

JAM