Long Beach show a great show for me and boycott of eBay for sellersstarts today

Old February 17th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ira

Default Long Beach show a great show for me and boycott of eBay for sellersstarts today

although I acquired some terrific items for inventory, the eBay
listings boycott starts today and runs thru next Saturday, so I will
not post anything for a week. Although eBay's rate hikes affect mostly
coins priced under $1000 and those with eBay stores, I am joining the
boycott out of solidarity with my fellow eBay sellers.

I did, buy a bunch of better date Lincolns such as a 1925-S, 1924-D,
1909-S Lincoln in MS-65 RD and MS-66RD, others.

Also bought a real nice 1799 Large Cent in VF20 and a VF-25 1804 large
cent. Also a Proof-53 Gobrecht Dollar original, one of the 600 struck
for circulation in 1837 (medal turn), an EF 1800 draped bust half dime
and a 16 star 1796 half dime, a VF25 1804 quarter (rare) some nice
capped bust dimes, a magnifiecent 1928 Peace Dol that looks like a
solid MS-65 but resides in a MS-64 PCGS holder. TWO 1856 Flying Eagle
Cents, the rare S-4 with about 25 known and a nice EF-45 a scarce
VF-25 1801 Half that looks like a solid VF-35, and much more. All
except the 1799 1c are PCGS graded, the 1799 residing in an NGC
holder.

I plan to list them l a week from today, Feb. 24th. Contact me
privately if any of these are of interest.

Ira
Old February 17th 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

See? Like any other racket, eBay is going to BURN everyone involved in
it eventually ... literally.

That's why I scoff laughingly at those who swear by it, because I know
that their kind of loyalty is highly flammable.
Old February 17th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Feb 17, 10:48*am, Ira wrote:
a magnifiecent 1928 Peace Dol that looks like a
solid MS-65 but resides in a MS-64 PCGS holder.

Again with the undergraded coins.
Maybe you should go to work as a consultant to PCGS & NGC and set them
straight!
Old February 17th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 17, 9:48*am, Ira wrote:
[...]

Face it, Ira's basic M.O. is to buy "tweeners" and to attempt to sell
them at the higher grade. Lots of people try to do this; hopefully
most of them also have day jobs or a retirement check. Of course,
it's most effective to try to do this with modern U.S. coins that
feature BIG PRICE JUMPS between each grade point (the 1916 Standing
Liberty Quarter is a superb example). If Ira can find another dealer
who can't "move" a "tweener", he might be able to get the piece really
cheap too; so much the better. Then Ira pours on the hype hype hype
on ebay and RCC. Ira drips with the old school chutzpah, for sure.

Caveat emptor,

oly

Off to the Long Beach show Wes Chormicle Coins 0 September 12th 06 02:30 PM
Off to the Long Beach Show Wes Chormicle Coins 13 May 31st 06 10:44 PM
Long Beach Show today Wes Chormicle Coins 2 February 11th 06 07:28 AM
Long Beach Show.. Harv Coins 18 February 4th 04 08:39 AM
Long Beach Show.. Harv Coins 7 September 21st 03 09:28 PM