New needing advice

Old February 6th 05, 12:57 AM
Brian Oakley

Default New needing advice

Hi,
I don't know much about trading or selling baseball cards. I have 200-300
cards dating around 1990. Is there some way I can get a list of relative
sale values on these? I have Topps, Fleer, Donrus and some bits and pieces
of others. Any help as to where I can find info would be appreciated. Thank
you for your patience.
Brian

Old February 6th 05, 01:45 AM
Scott Henrichs

Brian Oakley wrote:

Hi,
I don't know much about trading or selling baseball cards. I have 200-300
cards dating around 1990. Is there some way I can get a list of relative
sale values on these? I have Topps, Fleer, Donrus and some bits and pieces
of others. Any help as to where I can find info would be appreciated. Thank
you for your patience.
Brian

If they're from around 1990, its doubtful they're worth much. That was
the most overproduced period in baseball card history and unless you
have a key card (Sosa RC, Griffey RC) you'd be lucky to get $5 for all
of them.
Old February 6th 05, 05:19 PM
William R. Altman

See if you can find a Beckett Baseball Plus magazine. Most shops and dealers
will give you one of their older magazines. It doesn't list common cards,
just the cards that might be worth something. The other replier is right,
you'd have to be very lucky to have anything worthwhile.
Ron

Old February 6th 05, 05:35 PM
Ron B.

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 18:57:54 -0600, "Brian Oakley"
wrote:

Hi,
I don't know much about trading or selling baseball cards. I have 200-300
cards dating around 1990. Is there some way I can get a list of relative
sale values on these? I have Topps, Fleer, Donrus and some bits and pieces
of others. Any help as to where I can find info would be appreciated. Thank
you for your patience.
Brian

Hello Brian. You could try searching for the cards on www.beckett.com
by entering a description in the empty search box near the top of
their home page. Don't mess with the "By Keyword" box. Just enter a
card description and click on "Go". This will show you any similar
cards for sale, and what they're going for. Another possibility is
searching for them on www.ebay.com by entering a description in the
box in the upper right hand corner. This will show you open auctions.
The best results come from looking at closed auctions, but you can't
view these unless you sign up with them. Closed auctions give you a
better idea of what they're really selling for.

Ron