1961 Topps Wrapper Variations

Old February 4th 05, 04:51 AM
Ron B.

Default 1961 Topps Wrapper Variations

Here's an eBay auction for six different kinds of 1961 Topps wrappers:

The auction has ended. I considered bidding on it, but decided
against it at the last minute. Probably would have kept one and sold
the others to get my money back (hopefully).

Ron
Old February 4th 05, 04:35 PM
John Wade

Ron B. wrote:

Here's an eBay auction for six different kinds of 1961 Topps wrappers:

The auction has ended. I considered bidding on it, but decided
against it at the last minute. Probably would have kept one and sold
the others to get my money back (hopefully).

Hi, Ron!!

Sorry for the late replies, but things still haven't settled
down enough for me to get back into something
resembling a normal routine yet.

I did see that auction, and regardless of what the top
posting troll said, wrappers *are* a cool collectible.

Unlike you though, I would like to get one of each of
the different varieties. I thought about bidding on this
auction too, but I already have two of them, shown
he

http://home.triad.rr.com/ovis/images/wrapper1.jpg

http://home.triad.rr.com/ovis/images/wrapper2.jpg

I wonder if the six that were on eBay represent all
the wrappers used that year?
John Wade

Old February 5th 05, 12:06 AM
Ron B.

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:32:43 -0800, "Brian Kaltenbach"
wrote:

wrappers and empty boxes are a joke....might as well collect toenails

Actually, over the years I've collected ten toenails, too.

Ron

.. .

Old February 5th 05, 12:50 AM
Ron B.

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:35:36 GMT, John Wade wrote:

Hi, Ron!!

Sorry for the late replies, but things still haven't settled
down enough for me to get back into something
resembling a normal routine yet.

I did see that auction, and regardless of what the top
posting troll said, wrappers *are* a cool collectible.

Unlike you though, I would like to get one of each of
the different varieties. I thought about bidding on this
auction too, but I already have two of them, shown
he

http://home.triad.rr.com/ovis/images/wrapper1.jpg

http://home.triad.rr.com/ovis/images/wrapper2.jpg

I wonder if the six that were on eBay represent all
the wrappers used that year?

Howdy John,

I'm not sure how many came out that year. There couldn't have been
very many more. I wish there was a way to check up on that sort of
thing, but there doesn't appear to be.

Ron
Old February 6th 05, 06:14 PM
Ron B.

Ron B. wrote:

[...]

Oops. Let's not forget the 1 cent wrappers. I don't recall ever
buying them this way, but I have seen them on eBay.

Ron