THE BECKETT DEALER COMMUNITY SHOWS TRUE COLOURS

Old November 17th 04, 02:42 AM
BECKETTMPDEALER

Default THE BECKETT DEALER COMMUNITY SHOWS TRUE COLOURS

The rat pack of Beckett Marketplace dealers have struck again. A smaller dealer
tried to offer his customers part of a group buy on the public Beckett message
boards. What did the greedy *******s who think the control the Marketplace do?
They contacted Donruss and whined and cried like the babies they are and got
the poor guys' contract with Donruss pulled. Be proud Home Field Cards. You
and your buddies sleep well tonight. Popeye can eat spinach tommorow and feel
good about it. Here is part of the public.
thread
Navigation:
complained to donruss

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3

Author
Topic

Topic Subject To beckett members and the idiots who complained to donruss

bbcardsextra.com
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 614

I did a group buy for 2004 prime sigs. I had all the tins sold for at my cost.

This morning i get a call from Arias at donruss saying i cannot sell below srp.
Which is complete BS.

I was simply ordering a product and selling 13 for cost and selling the other 2
to non-beckett members. I always order product from Donruss. Half of it is good
and the rest is crap.

Dealers sell below cost everyday. Ebay,Dealernetb2b.com etc.

SO FOR ALL YOU HONEST BECKETT MEMBERS THIS IS HOW DONRUSS AND ALL THE OTHER
DEALERS ARE LIKE BLOWOUTCARDS ETC. THEY WILL SUCK YOU DRY AND TRY TO MAKE EVERY
PENNY THEY CAN.
And for all you Dealers on here complaining about this and E-mailing Donruss
Get a Life you know who you are.

Sorry i tried to help fellow Beckett Members but The Greed in this business is
unreal.

gridirongladiator
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 859

What Bull$hit! They say the SRP is "$X.XX" which is exactly what it should be
"suggested retal price". They cant dictate what sells for what amount of money,
if I wanted to buy a car and sell it for $1.00 and lose money Ford won't send
me a letter complaining that "I" the "seller" made a bad bussiness move, they
got their money and they should shut up about it!

Jimmy Wolfrey
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 9066

wow, that is one awesome looking product!!!

so whats the deal with the group buy.. someone told them you were selling at
cost?

I collect Leftwich RC Autos, Marc Bulger RC Autos, Shaun McDonald RC Autos,
Steve Smith (all), Steven Jackson RC Autos and Torry Holt (all).

Help me Complete my 2003 Leaf Limited GOLD Set (44 more to go)!!!
Check out My Naxcom Listings
Current EBAY Auctions for week ending 11.18.04
My Webpage
The Cheapest Supplies On the Net Thread
Bad Trader Thread UPDATED 8/9/04

bbcardsextra.com
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 614

jimmy
i was selling for cost just to keep up with allocations alot of the product has
been crap as of late. i didnt want to take a chance and thought beckett members
would enjoy this.
If i didnt sell for cost here and got stuck with another crap product i would
of sold for cost to the other 4 stores around here like i usually do.

bbcardsextra.com
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 614

UPDATE

NOW I AM OFFICIAL KICKED OFF OF THE DEALER BOARDS ON BECKETT.
THANX FOR THE EMAIL FROM THIS UNKNOWN BECKETT..

"A friendly note. I would check the private dealer boards. You are being
attacked for your sales post by cowards who are trying to get you thrown off
the marketplace."

Jimmy Wolfrey
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 9066

if you find out who 'turned' on you...let us all know..so we don't go near
them. If you need to move product fast, then you need to move it..geez.

I collect Leftwich RC Autos, Marc Bulger RC Autos, Shaun McDonald RC Autos,
Steve Smith (all), Steven Jackson RC Autos and Torry Holt (all).

Help me Complete my 2003 Leaf Limited GOLD Set (44 more to go)!!!
Check out My Naxcom Listings
Current EBAY Auctions for week ending 11.18.04
My Webpage
The Cheapest Supplies On the Net Thread
Bad Trader Thread UPDATED 8/9/04

bbcardsextra.com
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 614

BLOWOUTCARDS WAS ONE OF THEM

Jimmy Wolfrey
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 9066

thats terrible ..we give them so much business on the boards and they chastise
another board member?

I collect Leftwich RC Autos, Marc Bulger RC Autos, Shaun McDonald RC Autos,
Steve Smith (all), Steven Jackson RC Autos and Torry Holt (all).

Help me Complete my 2003 Leaf Limited GOLD Set (44 more to go)!!!
Check out My Naxcom Listings
Current EBAY Auctions for week ending 11.18.04
My Webpage
The Cheapest Supplies On the Net Thread
Bad Trader Thread UPDATED 8/9/04

HighEnd Elways
Member

Total Posts: 467

----------------
On 11/16/2004 11:12:45 AM , Jimmy Wolfrey wrote:

thats terrible ..we give them so much business on the boards and they chastise
another board member?
----------------

Greedy b@stards can't handle a little competition.

Check out my trade page My Trade Page
Ebay Auctions My Ebay Auctions

In search of:
2003 Leaf Limited Jersey Numbers Elway #'D/7
2003 Leaf Limited Hardwear Limited Elway NFL Shield 1/1

bbcardsextra.com
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 614

Greedy b@stards can't handle a little competition.

That sums it up in a nutshell.

gridirongladiator
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 859

----------------
On 11/16/2004 11:10:21 AM , bbcardsextra.com wrote:

BLOWOUTCARDS WAS ONE OF THEM
----------------

Pricks..... And they dont even post on here, they just pop up every now and
then just to spam or put out the details on new products (with a link to their
site to buy them ofcoarse)

San Andreas in...ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 1357

BB-How much per tin? I mayyyyy get a few. kyLe

I NEED A Ryan Malone Parkie Au/Jsy LMK if u have one or know anyone that has
one.
Hit Me Up Right Here
The latest member of my card family. Taking $$ offers.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

wdiv
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 602

----------------
On 11/16/2004 11:07:23 AM , bbcardsextra.com wrote:

UPDATE

NOW I AM OFFICIAL KICKED OFF OF THE DEALER BOARDS ON BECKETT.
THANX FOR THE EMAIL FROM THIS UNKNOWN BECKETT..

"A friendly note. I would check the private dealer boards. You are being
attacked for your sales post by cowards who are trying to get you thrown off
the marketplace."
----------------

bbcardsextra.com,
IMO that's total bs. I fail to see what the problem is or was. I'm beginning to
think Beckett is getting a little to high and mighty on themselves. Hey MOD can
you explain this one. I for one would like some clarification on all this
nonsense.

My Web Page

Looking for 04 Flair Cuts and Glory numbered to 15 or less

My Current EBay Auctions
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of
strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.
--Vince Lombardi

oregonweim
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 4844

Umm, is Donruss aware that many of us can buy boxes for less than SRP from the
shops we frequent? Are you sure Blowout emailed them? Curious to see what they
say if so.

IN MEMORY OF CADE 10/23/04 - 10/31/04
Please See My Site for My List of Good Traders
My 2004 Playoff Absolute FB Set Needs -- Help a dog out...
My 2003 Ultimate Collection FB Set Needs - Please Help! )
My Personal Collection

Send me an Email

Click Here to view BECKETT MEMBER PROFILES - 37 added through 8/12
Click here for instructions on how to post pics, create links, etc...

Rays Fan
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 1179

well like you said you selling for cost was hurting these dealers and they
couldn't have that if i was you i would would sell at your cost to people you
know or trust or maybe have another way of selling it just my thought but hope
you do sell them all and if you can i would post some list of all the people
/dealers that wronged you thanks

my latest pull

ed 24/25

my page
http://www.beckett.com/userpages/erniedow.html
i'm collecting these
michael clayton

andre johnson
Rocco Baldelli need auto's bad
Jeff bagwell Auto's And Low Numbered cards
2002 bowman chrome and bowman chrome draft picks
2003 bowman chrome
and auto's that catch my attention
plus all rc's of 02/03 pirates, astro's and rays also TO REACH ME EASIER EMAIL
ME At
thanks ernie

dealer/wholesalers not to deal with
Rob Veres
indy
CARD SHACK
Parry Solomon
Empire Sportscards & Collectibles
Home Field Sportscards & Gaming
Home Field Sportscards & Gaming
blowoutcards

bbcardsextra.com
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 614

oregonwiem
blowout - yes
exactly what i said to donruss people buy below cost everyday.

oregonweim
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 4844

Can I assume you were direct with Donruss then? Pretty Harsh. I mean all the
group buys I do, granted are not dealer direct boxes, but I sell at my cost,
well below SRP. Only way to remotely have a chance at earning a return. Now
don't think I'm being antagonistic, but do you have evidence it was blowout? IF
so I'll likely stop purchasing from them (not that I'm a huge buyer but...).

I also might be confused on which SRP your going by (imagine only one). Is
there a direct cost they aren't allowed to sell under per case (?)

IN MEMORY OF CADE 10/23/04 - 10/31/04
Please See My Site for My List of Good Traders
My 2004 Playoff Absolute FB Set Needs -- Help a dog out...
My 2003 Ultimate Collection FB Set Needs - Please Help! )
My Personal Collection

Send me an Email

Click Here to view BECKETT MEMBER PROFILES - 37 added through 8/12
Click here for instructions on how to post pics, create links, etc...

bbcardsextra.com
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 614

oregenweim

i own a store in glendale arizona.....
direct cost was $41.00 and you cannot sell below cost at this time in which i
wasnt. i was selling at $41.00 like i advertised for the groupo buy.

Old November 26th 04, 06:09 AM
BlackJet76

You have to sell at the suggested retail price. It helps keep inflation in
check
Old November 27th 04, 11:09 AM
MikeCouil

You are an idiot. Please go kill yourself and your gay buddies.

If every dealer sold at suggested retail they'd all be long out of business

Mike

Old December 2nd 04, 05:31 PM
so much for my happy ending

Um where is the original post?

Old December 4th 04, 09:47 PM
MikeCouil

go to www.google.com and search for it under "groups". Chances are your webtv
browser wont load it up because its too old or someone posted a binary file.

Um where is the original post?