DiMaggio card set

Old September 28th 03, 01:47 PM
endorf

Default DiMaggio card set

I have a 1993 Score Pinnacle Joe DiMaggio 30 card set. It is in a tin box
.. I have not opened the plastic wrap around the box. I have not been able to
find any info on these cards. What do they look like? Are they of any value?

Thanks for any help.
Dave

---

Old September 28th 03, 05:21 PM
Stephan Lemonjello Jr.

I have a 1993 Score Pinnacle Joe DiMaggio 30 card set. It is in a tin box
. I have not opened the plastic wrap around the box. I have not been able to
find any info on these cards. What do they look like? Are they of any value?

Thanks for any help.
Dave

Looks like it's worth about $5.
http://search-completed.ebay.com/sea...&ht=1&sortprop
erty=metaendsort&query=1993+dimaggio&from=R10&comp letedonly=1

Old September 30th 03, 03:44 AM
MIFA23

Book value is probably around $20. Best bet is to open it as I THINK there were
autographed cards randomly inserted.
"Support your local card store and ENJOY the greatest hobby in the world"
Mike
Member of 2 good dealers groups
(TIC) and CDN#99

Old September 30th 03, 10:22 AM
endorf

"MIFA23" wrote in message
Book value is probably around $20. Best bet is to open it as I THINK there

were
autographed cards randomly inserted.
"Support your local card store and ENJOY the greatest hobby in the

world"
Mike
Member of 2 good dealers groups
(TIC) and CDN#99

Thanks for the insight guys.

Dave

---

Old October 4th 03, 03:05 AM
Don Ford Lavina, MT

The 2003 Standard Catalog says 200,000 sets were produced, with a
complete set booking for $8. They did randomly insert an authentic
DiMaggio auto into 1,800 sets. Given the high production number of the
sets and the low book value, this is definately a product you'd want
to open to see if you've got the autographed card, which books about
$200. Let us know if you strike gold!

Don

Old October 5th 03, 03:43 AM
endorf

I just opened the two boxes I have and found no autographs. Oh well.
I did get to meet Joe once in a Burger King in Hollywood, Florida. He would
go there for breakfast sometimes, Dressed in a suit and tie.
Another time I was at a "Legends" game in Fort Lauderdale with my son and
father in law. During introductions, my young son had to go to the bathroom,
so I ran with him to get back before Joe came out to throw the first pitch.
When I got back I was upset because I missed it. My father in law said that
when I was running with my son I ran right into Joe DiMaggio, almost
knocking him down and I didn't even know it. I never did get to tell him I
was sorry.

Sorry about the long story, but thank you for the info.
Dave

"Don Ford Lavina, MT" wrote in message
om...
The 2003 Standard Catalog says 200,000 sets were produced, with a
complete set booking for $8. They did randomly insert an authentic
DiMaggio auto into 1,800 sets. Given the high production number of the
sets and the low book value, this is definately a product you'd want
to open to see if you've got the autographed card, which books about
$200. Let us know if you strike gold!

Don

"endorf" wrote in message

.. .
I have a 1993 Score Pinnacle Joe DiMaggio 30 card set. It is in a tin

box
. I have not opened the plastic wrap around the box. I have not been

able to
find any info on these cards. What do they look like? Are they of any

value?

Thanks for any help.
Dave

---

---

FOR SALE: Lord of the Rings Action Flipz Tins by Artbox - I have ALL 15 U.S. TINS! dma General 0 January 19th 04 12:46 AM
Game worn jersey (in seconds) Ted Kupczyk Card discussions 8 July 28th 03 12:01 AM
autographs dani.steiner General 0 July 19th 03 06:08 AM
Reducing Autograph Collection dani.steiner Autographs 0 July 16th 03 02:29 PM
"In The Mail" thru Saturday 7/5/03 Kenneth465 Autographs 0 July 5th 03 09:57 PM