Framing sports cards

Old October 5th 05, 12:37 AM

Default Framing sports cards

Hi,

I have a few valuable calls and would like to put them more in view to
enjoy them. I've seen places where they frame the cards with a
montage. Since I don't want to use any type of adhesive to hold them,
I wondered if someone had info in building a framed montage of sports
cards (like a team for example).

Thanks.

Old October 6th 05, 01:07 AM
Patrick W. Schubert Sr.

Check my website for display cases, maybe we can figure something out more
to your needs.

Patrick

--
www.dacollector.net
Trading Cards, Collectibles, Custom Display Cases & Software (Coming soon)
ups.com...

Old October 6th 05, 04:13 PM
pkstore2

Theres nothing wrong about enjoying them but to display them they will get
damaged from light regardless of what product is used. I have been doing
this since the 1970s and have seen many people waste tons of $ on
cases/holders and then have light/sun ruin their cards once someone told
them it was safe. If this would be the case of diplays being safe the US
government would have a way to preserve their copy of the Constitution of
the US better but there isn't just like there isn't for sportscards.

Old October 6th 05, 05:51 PM

Actually, they will be displayed in my basement where I have my home
office. There will be minimal sunlight there. I'm hoping light damage
will be limited.

I understand the conservation of value importance but in the end, I
want to enjoy these cards and see them more than once a year

Old October 8th 05, 01:17 AM
pkstore2

Thats worse due to the moisture. Any open display where cards will be in the
air/sunlight will ruin them. If you really really like them i would make
color copies on your scanner and then frame the copies since nobody will be
able to tell.
oups.com...

Old October 8th 05, 03:00 AM
Ron B.

I've tried something like this a couple times. Got the best results
from buying a somewhat large picture frame (the kind with glass on the
front), and some thick colored paper for the background. I cut the
paper to size, taped the back of the cards (which were protected by
penny sleeves and top loaders), and stuck them to the paper. Then I
put the paper inside the frame, and closed it up tightly with the
glass.

Did this with Topps 1961 Yankees cards. I arranged them so they
surrounded a vintage team photo. No noticeable damage.

Display cases work well too. You can display more cards with them,
and it might look more professional. But it's also less creative and
more expensive.

At once time I was thinking about using vintage "commons" as a montage
on a coffee table. Never did get around to it.

Ron
************************************
On 4 Oct 2005 16:37:08 -0700, wrote:

Hi,

I have a few valuable calls and would like to put them more in view to
enjoy them. I've seen places where they frame the cards with a
montage. Since I don't want to use any type of adhesive to hold them,
I wondered if someone had info in building a framed montage of sports
cards (like a team for example).

Thanks.

Star Trek Cards for Sale from many different sellers Lynne Stewart Cards:- non-sport 0 September 16th 04 01:22 PM
04 bowman chrome now on ebay Bssurrey2 Baseball 0 August 20th 04 03:14 PM
FS - LD19612003 Hockey 0 April 9th 04 11:08 PM
THE KITCHEN SINK BB Auction PART 1! It's finally here! GPenko826 Baseball 0 February 17th 04 12:51 PM
WTTF: Philadelphia Flyers Lots flyerjon Hockey 0 December 2nd 03 08:41 PM