Wishful thinking ...

Old December 29th 04, 01:39 AM
Patrick W. Schubert Sr.

Default Wishful thinking ...

I remember back in the early 80's when cards were barely existing. There
was 1 major manufacturer and the made nice cards. Two other manufacturers
were fighting to get into the business and the hobby of today would have
been a real big joke then. 20+ Manufacturers, 1000+ Sets, 1000's of cards
you or me will ever see let alone own.

I see the Beckett Hot List and the bulging price guide and I thought ... If
a 2001 Bowman Auto Pujols RC books for $1,200 and a 1956 Mantle, booking the
same, were side by side, I am taking the Mantle.

If Santa gave you an E-Bay Gift Card with no limit, what 5 cards all time
would you HAVE to have ??? (New or Old, any card any set any year any sport)

1. 1948 Bowman Yogi Berra Nr-Mt+ or better
2. a BGS 9.5 1984 Topps Tiffany Don Mattingly
3. 2000 SP Authentic Chirography Sandy Koufax AUTO
4. 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Wax Box (Looking for Jordan RC)
5. A SUPER CLEAN 1956 TOPPS MANTLE

Discussion time people, list your choices here

Have fun
--
www.dacollector.net
Your source for sportscards in Southern NJ & DE or on the internet. Soon

Old December 29th 04, 02:56 AM
John Wade

Patrick W. Schubert Sr. wrote:

If Santa gave you an E-Bay Gift Card with no limit, what 5 cards all time
would you HAVE to have ??? (New or Old, any card any set any year any sport)

Well, I could say the T-206 Honus Wagner card, and
it would be interesting to own. I did see one a few
years ago. It was in a traveling exibit in a Wal-Mart
parking lot.

But the problem is, I would probably just end up selling
it. I don't collect anything except '61 Topps baseball,
and I am within 40 cards of having that set complete,
mostly high numbers.

But there are some things I would like to have (other
than those 40 cards, which I will get eventually), but
I doubt that an eBay gift card, no matter what the
limit, could get me these:

1. I would like to have a complete set of '61 Topps
baseball cards in uncut sheets.

2. I would like to have an unopened box of '61 wax
packs, and since I'm wishing, make them last series.
The box would have to be unopened because I don't
trust wax packs, even if they have been authenticated.

3. An upgrade of my set of '61s to near mint and
perfectly centered would be nice.

4. A complete set of '61 rub-off inserts. (This would
not be that difficult, and I will probably head in this
direction eventually, after my set of cards is complete.)

5. A complete set of '61 stamp panel inserts, in all the
various combinations and colors, but panels only,
not single stamps.

That's it.
John Wade

Old January 7th 05, 06:35 PM
pkstore2

1---A real T206 Wagner intact & not trimmed
2---A nrmt or better 52Topps Mantle not trimmed but at least 55/45
3---1904 Allegheny Co complete set
4---1910 American Caramel Die-cuts complete set
5---and for the fun of it, the most complete set known to man of the 1887
Old Judges ( even would take trimmed cards)
wrote in message
oups.com...

Old January 8th 05, 06:17 AM
Patrick W. Schubert Sr.

Nice picks, as vintage as it gets. I think we would all take a few trimmed
Old Judges.

"pkstore2" wrote in message
1---A real T206 Wagner intact & not trimmed
2---A nrmt or better 52Topps Mantle not trimmed but at least 55/45
3---1904 Allegheny Co complete set
4---1910 American Caramel Die-cuts complete set
5---and for the fun of it, the most complete set known to man of the 1887
Old Judges ( even would take trimmed cards)
wrote in message
oups.com...

Old January 12th 05, 10:38 PM
Chris Cathcart

"Patrick W. Schubert Sr." wrote in message
[...]

A Babe Ruth rookie card would be pretty cool.

Better yet, a 1914 Baltimore News Ruth, the pre-rookie.

After that? Complete T206 set in highest PSA grade, then the same for '33
Goudey, '52 Topps, and then for the last item, it really wouldn't matter.
Complete '86 Fleer baskeball set in PSA 10, I suppose.

--
Chris Cathcart
http://geocities.com/cathcacr