Interesting Beckett Dealer talk.

Old October 30th 04, 05:30 PM
BECKETTMPDEALER

Default Interesting Beckett Dealer talk.

Some people are much too full of themselves.
Navigation:
Page

Pages: 1

Author
Topic

Topic Subject New MP Member''s Home Page

DickandJanes
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 636

Hello and welcome to my on-line store. I've been collecting since 1985 and
since then have gathered over 1,000,000 cards in our inventory. Our Idea is to
bring the flea market atmosphere in our selling environment. We not only have
high end cards in stock but we cater to set builders also check out our Other
list for Comics and other collectables way below Book Value. So don't be afraid
to search for any cards or email us. We will get what your looking for.

Any thoughts?

Vince@Dick&Jane's Sportscards
Jacksonville FL
BMP Advisory Board Member (Tech Rep)

blakeatlonestar
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 1005

Vince, it just goes to show you that some people have NO business acumen, no
feel for the atmosphere/professionalism that Beckett is trying to create and
should not even be allowed on the BMP.
Suggest you forward this to the Folks at Beckett and ask them if this is the
kind of "dealer" they are recruiting or did he just sneak in like a flea on a
dog's a**.

Diamond 9 Sports
Member

Total Posts: 404

Vince,

I hope you are kidding.
Otherwise, I think I am going to get sick.

Paul

Diamond 9 Sports

DickandJanes
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 636

I am not kidding!

i intentionally did not put the members store name on there .. its a newer
lower tier store.

There are a few questionable newbies!

Also, there are guys on this site that have cards listed for $0.01

Vince@Dick&Jane's Sportscards
Jacksonville FL
BMP Advisory Board Member (Tech Rep)

thebaseballcardshop
Member

Total Posts: 383

Why don't we each order a bunch of .01 cards, being careful to get only one
from each set? After they pull about 50 orders from 1000 different boxes
totaling $12, I'll bet they rethink that.

Emmett

blakeatlonestar
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 1005

Vince do they offer free shipping?
If so, we should all order.
Blake

Diamond 9 Sports
Member

Total Posts: 404

Guys,

I swear I heard Mark Harwell at the April dealer meeting state that he would
not accept "C2C" dealers on the marketplace.

This does not appear to be a "B2C" dealer.

What changed? Seriously, Can this be a topic at the next Board meeting?

Can you give me a hint of how many items they have so I can order 1000 penny
cards.

Seriously again, I see nothing but detriment (?? - Vince help me with the
spelling) to the marketplace and quite frankly less revenue to us and to
beckett in the overall scheme of things.

Paul

Diamond 9 Sports

Diamond 9 Sports
Member

Total Posts: 404

Blake,

I received your email prior to my post.

Thanks.

Paul

Diamond 9 Sports

thebaseballcardshop
Member

Total Posts: 383

To save any other inquiring minds the trouble, the dealer is called "That
Place" and I couldn't find any $.01 cards. They do offer free shipping. They
may be the nicest folks in the world, but they sure don't present the
professional image that I want to see on here. (Come to think of it, if you
read some of mine and Blakes comments on here, neither do we. But that's a
different story. We're just funnin on the message boards.)

On the other hand, there sure are some nice lower level sites - Baseball Card
City, JFK Sportscards, South Bay Baseball Cards, and The Ultimate Sports
Collector to name a few. These folks don't have many items listed yet, but they
sure have professional looking sites. I'm guessing they are fairly new, but
they sure appear to be professional.

And did anyone notice we are back above 20,000,000 items on the marketplace?
Wowser!

Emmett

blakeatlonestar
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 1005

Emmett, That Place ought to be out of This Place!!

Jays Cards
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 820

Vince,
So much for the Barrier To Entry that Beckett even agreed to. I wonder why I
wasted all that time going to the meeting and stuff. I can tell you one thing,
with all of the stuff that Beckett has been doing is there will be VERY LOW
Attendance at the next meeting!!

Jay Conti

Jay's Cards
www.jayscards.com
www.citruscardsandgaming.com

Jays Cards
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 820

Someone must of beat me to ALL those .01 cards. Was getting ready to place an
order!!

Jay Conti

Jay's Cards
www.jayscards.com
www.citruscardsandgaming.com

Empire Sportscards & Collectibles
Member

Total Posts: 137

I can't imagine selling anything for .1 cent. If I got an order for .1 cent +
S&H I would be seriously ticked off at myself. Why would anyone want to sell
cards at a penny? I store singles in 800 cnt boxes. They cost like 3 for $1.00
or something. That means I would have to sell 33 cards to pay for (1) 800
counter. I don't think so. In my opinion if they want to sell cards at .1 cent
then let them. At that rate they can't stay around to long. Maybe they're all
like VG or something. I guess I should go & check the prices on their RC's.

Joe

Empire Sportscards & Collectibles
Member

Total Posts: 137

Jay, they were probably relisted when they saw this thread. Better check for .5
centers instead.

Joe

Jays Cards
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 820

Dang, They beat me to it. I was going to place a 500 card order from 500
different sets!!

Jay Conti

Jay's Cards
www.jayscards.com
www.citruscardsandgaming.com

indy
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 672

PAUL SMITH FOR PRESIDENT
CHRIS BORDEN VP/PRICING
just a reminder! don't forget to vote

Just Hockey Cards
Member

Total Posts: 148

You all know the deal here.
Money talks. Ethics and promises don't.
By contrast in business my wife exhibits at professionally run "juried" craft
hows.
The word "juried" means that they look at the photos of your work that you
promised to them that you actually make. And in very reputable shows, you will
have to prove you make it or you're out the door today.
The contracts say "no vendors, no buy/sell and no imports"
You get to the show and the guy next to you is selling dog biscuits from some
unknown company in Texas. Across from you is someone who buys hats from Ecuador
and adds a feather to them. And the one behind you is taking candy out of boxes
from NYC and putting it in a little vase and calling it their own manufacture.
The show promoter says nothing, does nothing and smiles a lot, IF they can be
found.
I thought the idea of the BMP was to perpetuate the high standards of retail
marketing. Flea market dealers were not to be welcomed.
It's simple, folks. If the BMP becomes a flea market then Beckett is going to
lose it and they will no longer have the benefit of the 20 million line items
that are on here.
It's all about the money. Just like the craft shows. They don't get the right
vendors, so they take anyone who has a check that doesn't bounce.
What do ya think of that?

Scott Dean
Just Hockey Cards
Tolland Connecticut

Old November 4th 04, 03:45 AM
BECKETTMPDEALER

Ever since this post was made public, these clowns have spent hours on the
boards trying to figure out who I am, why I am doing this and how this makes
them look. Well fellas, it makes you look like what you are. Complain about
barriers to entry, high shipping prices by fellow dealers, how cheap some
dealers are selling and anything else you please. The day you stop judging
everyone around you, stop trying to protect yourself from the evil collectors
who sell on Ebay, the day you spend those hours working on your own projects,
you will become something above the level of troll that you are. It amazes
everyone I have emailed message board items to just how full of themselves most
Beckett dealers are. They whine about Beckett pricing and think that Beckett
should come to them before publishing. They think that anyone who sells cards
on Ebay are trash and not worthy of a Marketplace store. Then when their own
words get published, along with their names and store names, they complain
about how this information getting out will hurt them. Well fellas, you hurt
yourself. These are your own words, not taken out of context. It was one of
many examples of the witch hunt that has gone on in the BMP for years. You
heard the old expression "Don't shoot the messenger"? Look to yourselves and
your own attitudes. End of sermon.
Old November 4th 04, 03:47 AM
BECKETTMPDEALER

DickandJanes
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 649

I hope the traitor among the MP family is proud of himself. It is sad that
those responsible for this action are apart of this MP family!

They lack honor and integrity!

This doesn’t upset me, but it makes me sad. This attack is on the entire MP

What do the other MP members say about traitors amongst us?????

The MP membership needs to make their opinion on this matter know to the
advisory board. Please email us and post comments here so we can determine a
course of action.

Whoever is sending out our PRIVATE posts and made them public is truly a COWARD
and not a business professional!

He is not worthy to be a member of this elite group!

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ng.cards.discu
ss&safe=off&selm=20041030123006 .04552.00004081%40mb-m27.aol.com

Vince@Dick&Jane's Sportscards
Jacksonville FL
BMP Advisory Board Member (Tech Rep)

CARDSNSTUFF
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 598

I cut and pasted the url and it didn't work. What did it say? Or, can you copy
the body text directly in here?
Thanks.

Has the terror color code been raised now that Bush has been elected?

DickandJanes
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 649

It's a Google newsgroup ...

try this ..

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...00004081%40mb-
m27.aol.com&output=gplain

Vince@Dick&Jane's Sportscards
Jacksonville FL
BMP Advisory Board Member (Tech Rep)

andrewssportscards
New Member

Total Posts: 25

The article is on the google message boards. It is under groups .. From there
type in beckett marketplace. There are a few messages about the marketplace..
Here is the article in question.

Attention sportscard sellers! The Beckett Marketplace is full of dealers who
sell at full book or higher. This leaves the door open for the smart dealer who
knows what the real collector is willing to pay for cards in the 21st century.
The cost of $150 a month is well worth all of the advertising and software
Beckett gives you. And you will get the satisfaction of ****ing off a bunch of
blowhards who think they are the saviours of this great hobby. The private
dealer boards are worth the price of admission. Listening to Rob Veres and
other blowhards try to tell 180 dealers how to live and run their lives.
Beckett has the customer base and the tools to help you grow your business. You
will get more for your cards selling on Beckett VS Ebay with less work and in
the long run less cost. So step up and lets get some real pricing on the
Beckett Marketplace.

The people, or person who posted sure makes you
think about the kind of people who claim to be
business professionals.

blakeatlonestar
Sr. Member

Total Posts: 1020

In addition to the post above, the author copied and pasted a complete thread
started by Vince.
The subject of the thread should have been left in what we thought were our
private chat rooms.

andrewssportscards
New Member

Total Posts: 25

Blake,

Is Beckett looking into this? Do they have an opinion about the situation ?
Andy

Just Hockey Cards
Member

Total Posts: 153

The guy is good at contradicting himself.
First, he wants to cut book prices as he does on Ebay.
Then he says you'll get much more for your cards then on Ebay.
Which way does he want it? Or does he just hate Rob?
I don't know about other sports, but on Ebay it's the same 4-5 guys who have
30-40% of the cards listed there. And I know those guys.
I don't take too much interest in a thread on google news groups. I don't think
there are many who read the thread would really be interested in coming on
here. The ones who use Ebay to sell in hockey are primarily interested in
building their collections in the long run. They are definitely not into it for
the money. neither re we, I guess.

Scott Dean
Just Hockey Cards
Tolland Connecticut

JRCALJR
Member

Total Posts: 119

Maybe Beckett can contact the Message Board host company and somehow trace the
messages like Paypal and Ebay do with their fraud e-mails.

Tom
Ballpark Cards

Empire Sportscards & Collectibles
Member

Total Posts: 138

I just took a look at this & it really, really bothers me. There was also
another post of our conversations posted on there on Oct.30 . What really
agravates me is that this person had the nerve to put our posts along with our
store names. I cant beleive this but yet it will not prevent me from stating my
opinions or making comments that can or should be rightfully made. I truly hope
that action is taken against this person. This needs to be stopped ASAP. The
best of the best dealers are on here & this guy has no class & is doing nothing
but hurting this great site & this great hobby. I think there needs to be some
new rules on here & that they need to be enforced quickly. Most of us spend
most if not all of our available time on here working our tails off & this
person is not only causing distractions & frustration amongst us but is hurting
ours & Beckett's names. I havn't been on here long but I know that there are
some very dedicated & trust worthy dealers on here & that makes me proud to be
a part of it. So if someone is going to cause problems then it's just going to
make me work harder & spend even more time to make sure that our loyal
customers aren't buying from a disturbed, careless, unloyal & unprofesional
person like this person.

Joe

Old November 7th 04, 06:08 AM
MikeCouil

I found this all quite funny and appreciate the posts.

Old November 16th 04, 10:33 AM
MikeCouil

Which Tony?

Not THE Tony I assume

Mike

I found this all quite funny and appreciate the posts.

More like pathetic with some sour grapes. Right, Tony??