best mis-spelled ebay item bargain you have gotten?

Old July 17th 03, 03:37 AM
Johndaigle1

Default best mis-spelled ebay item bargain you have gotten?

just accidentally typed timless, instead of timless treasures, and found 10
items..
Old July 17th 03, 07:06 AM
LARGE EYES

In article , "Chris Harris"
writes:

Bought a 2001 Donruss "Icherio" rookie card for $20. Keep in mind, this was
in the Summer of 2001, and it was booking for over $100 Beckett HI.

Chris Harris
www.stalegum.com

ahahaha. Icherio Icherio. That's a funny name.
Old July 18th 03, 02:32 AM
bryan K

"Johndaigle1" wrote in message
just accidentally typed timless, instead of timless treasures, and found

10
items..

I put in a $10 snipe on a '63 Fleer Koufax card....the title of the auction
was "Old Sandy Kowfax Baseball Card".

I felt guilty about seeing this auction, so I emailed the seller as soon as
I saw it stating that it was a '63 Fleer Koufax (he didn't know they year or
brand). He didn't change a thing on his TOS. So I put a snipe in about a
minute before the auction ended.

And my $10 snipe got sniped. The winner paid $10 and some change. Going
back, I should have put in a higher snipe, but I really didn't need the card
back then. Now, it is one of four (in ex or better cond) I'm missing for
the set (in case anyone has any....I need Adcock, Koufax, #1 Barber, and the
checklist).

Old July 25th 03, 12:31 AM
jpeabody

That's a good one. I know I've gotten a couple bargains this way, but
I can't think of any off hand. I did get a Topps 206 mini blank back
John McGraw for 99 cents, IIRC, because the auction had been listed as
a Topps Heritage, so the 206 blank back collectors missed it.
Otherwise it would have gone for $20 or more.

"KGertsen" wrote in message news:G9eTa.118196$ye4.86755@sccrnsc01...
I got an autographed Topps Rookies and Stars Rookie Reprint of Gay Sayeres
for five bucks.

Kevin

"ImSoExcitedImSoExcitedImsoSCARED" wrote in
message ...
From: (Johndaigle1)
Date: 7/16/2003 10:37 PM Eastern Standard Time
just accidentally typed timless, instead of timless treasures, and found

10
items..

Not really that big a deal but the only one I can think of is picking up 4

2002
Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Jason Anderson cards for $1 (the only bid).

The
auction had it spelled Jaosn Anderson. The only reason I saw it was

because I
was searching through the 2002 Bowman DP listings.

I thought it was a good deal, being a Yankee fan. Of course, the day I

got the
cards he was traded to the Mets. Yeesh.