A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Card discussions
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Interesting Beckett Marketplace thread Part 1

Old June 12th 05, 08:03 AM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Jun 2005
Talking Interesting Beckett Marketplace thread Part 1

Good morning all. Here's an interesting thread from the Beckett Marketplace sellers:

Pages: 1

Author
Topic

Topic Subject eBay links on message boards PROBLEM???

DickandJanes

Total Posts: 796

Does anyone else find this distrubing?

I was checking out the public message boards and I find numerous eBay sellers on there talking about case breaks and links to their eBay auctions?? Here is one example

http://www.beckett.com/iforum/view.a...ID=10& catID= 3&forumPageNo=1

I do not like it and would like Beckett to not allow this to happen!

What say you guys???

Vince@Dick&Jane's Sportscards
Jacksonville FL

Posted: 6/9/2005 11:16:31 PM / IP: Recorded

Home Field Sportscards & Gaming

Total Posts: 553

That's been going on since it started. It's a public forum - people post link after link on those boards.
I don't think they should pull them now since it has been part of the boards.
They also reference or suggest online websites and provide links... it's just a board full of info.
I just think it would create a lot of ill will if that was changed.
It is different when a store plasters the boards with links promoting themselves - that's against the rules, but individuals promoting a card they pulled... don't think it's a big deal.

Posted: 6/10/2005 7:20:20 AM / IP: Recorded

DickandJanes

Ill will from eBayers .... who cares?

They are promoting their auction and its direct competition against the MP ...

That's a bigger issue and it affects Beckett's bottom line and OURS

Jacksonville FL

Posted: 6/10/2005 7:22:38 AM / IP: Recorded

sluggo''s

Total Posts: 781

I don't like it either, but then again, I don't think it's right to provide links to ebay and other competing sites in our own storefronts. What's the difference??

Rick

Posted: 6/10/2005 7:29:24 AM / IP: Recorded

Joe Davis

Total Posts: 67

Beckett's policy on linking from your storefront to ebay is that you must have a reciprocal link back to your beckett site on your ebay site. We heavily cross-promote this way (from ebay) to send customers here. There is a huge segment of customers on ebay that don't know about the BMP and if anyone else has good ideas on how to get them here, email me at .
Thanks!

Joe Davis, BMP Board ,Marketing & Promotions

Posted: 6/10/2005 8:11:47 AM / IP: Recorded

CARD SHACK

Total Posts: 174

Vince,
Good Thread!! Like Greg said, this has been going on here for awhile..This was brought up in the 1st Meeting 3 years ago..Many of us were not happy with this..I don't think it should be allowed..Why should Fleabayers get free chat on Beckett's site..We pay for that right, let them also!! They trade/buy/sell on that site between each other, that's fine, but links to competitive sites,,,NO WAY!! C'Mon guys, this does make a difference!

STEVE
CARD SHACK

Posted: 6/10/2005 9:12:33 AM / IP: Recorded

DrBailey2

Total Posts: 940

I thought eBay was a partner of Beckett?

I don't think the links to eBay is the greatest thing, but there isn't much that could be done. Who is going to enforce this?

Everyone out there is aware of eBay. A much smaller portion of collectors are aware of the Marketplace. Peole are going to shop on eBay anyways, but let's try to get eBay shoppers here.

Wayne

E-mail:

Beckett sto Baileys Sportscards

Posted: 6/10/2005 9:29:44 AM / IP: Recorded

CARD SHACK

Wayne,
On the programing end, they could stop people from adding hyperlinks and photo's..You do not need to constantly watch it..

STEVE
CARD SHACK

Posted: 6/10/2005 9:34:43 AM / IP: Recorded

MVICK7

Total Posts: 721

If we're required to have reciprocal links, then these eBayers on the message boards should be required to do so also. (A link back to the new Marketplace page.) If somebody violates this, they're warned first, then a second violation will have their Beckett account de-activated.

Mike
CARDSNSTUFF
We now resume programming...

Posted: 6/10/2005 10:02:46 AM / IP: Recorded

Vince, if you read the boards... I would say a very high percentage of beckett members also do ebay. Is ebay a secret?

Not defending them, but just stating that it's only common knowledge. I am just bringing up the point that it has been status quo on beckett message boards since beckett.com started.

Posted: 6/10/2005 10:16:39 AM / IP: Recorded

MVICK7

Total Posts: 721

So has our pathetic search page compared to the free side, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed.

Mike
CARDSNSTUFF
We now resume programming...

Posted: 6/10/2005 11:04:57 AM / IP: Recorded

DickandJanes

Greg,

I know eBay is not a secret. I know collectors know about eBay.

Some of us sell on eBay and we advertise our own eBay auctions.

I object to non-MP dealers advertising their case breaks and auctions to Beckett's customers.

They are taking advantage of Beckett's customer and high volume of internet users.

They get FREE advertising and Beckett gets nothing out of this and we ALL lose potential sales ...

I think hyper links need to be disabled!

Jacksonville FL

Posted: 6/10/2005 12:42:07 PM / IP: Recorded

I didn't realize that dealers were advertising their case breaks.

I just thought you were mentioning just someone here and there adverstising a big pull and a link to A card or two.

I do agee with dealers spamming the boards should not be allowed. MP dealers aren't allowed to spam those boards.... I thought that was monitored.

Posted: 6/10/2005 2:04:02 PM / IP: Recorded

DickandJanes

Greg,

Check out the link .....

Jacksonville FL

Posted: 6/10/2005 2:39:00 PM / IP: Recorded

DrBailey2

Total Posts: 940

Guys -

Beckett has two types of boards, Hobby Talk and Trading.

The Hobby Talk boards include a lot of box breaks. These can be help for someone trying to decide if they want to buy a product or not. Lot so discussion happens on these boards. I don't see a problem with this.

The Trading boards contain a lot of selling posts and a lot of links to eBay auctions. To me, if you want to direct criticism, it should be at Beckett for allowing these boards to have been created. Beckett is offering members a free place to buy and sell their cards.

That being said, taking this away would be a mistake. There are 27,000 members on the boards and a lot of them spend a lot of time on the site. I don't think we want to upset them as a group. The Marketplace has a bad enough reputation amongst some collectors already. All of the time that these message board members spend on the site, they are bombarded with your banner ads as well and there is a search bar on every page that searches the Marketplace. This is a good thing. Maybe we could even get Beckett to add more advertising on the message board pages for the Marketplace

Not allowing links and photos isn't a good idea either. People will just leave the site and we WANT them on the site.

One area that we might be able to get Beckett to change is the links in peoples signatures. There aren't supposed to be links to competing sites and users are forced to change these. The administrators of the board have allowed links to eBay though.

I guess I don't have a problem with what is on the board. I would go as far as saying that Marketplace dealers should become more active on these boards and use them to drive traffic to our stores. Post "specials" on the boards and provide a link directly to that item in your store. What is wrong with this? One dealer on here once criticized me for making one post on the trading board doing this. I totally failed to see the problem.

Wayne

E-mail:

Beckett sto Baileys Sportscards

Posted: 6/10/2005 5:25:39 PM / IP: Recorded

Jays Cards

Total Posts: 859

Wayne,

Beckett should tell us what the BOARDS are for ...

It's my understanding that it is for collector to collector interaction.

I am all for that. It's the commercialization and the LINKS offsite to someone's eBay store or auctions that is the problem.

I dont think MP dealers should be "hawking" their cards there either ... It should a pure collectors ...

Jay's Cards
www.jayscards.com
Ads
Old June 12th 05, 08:09 AM

ogdensports2

Total Posts: 6

This is not an easy fix. I agree, for the money we spend on this site we should not have to compete against outside dealers anywhere on Beckett. Its bad enough we have to compete against the con-shop, and other outside people. We spend lots of money for rent, commission and advertising only to have some people selling for free on the message boards. These box / case break emails happen everyday on the message boards. Some advertise eBay and some just say "its going up today." A quick read of the posts and you will find links to eBay, Naxcom and Bidville. You are not going to get around the "its going up tonight" line, everyone knows what you are talking about --- eBay. So how do you fix it?

Beckett needs to ban links to competing sites in posts. By doing this we will make these board users unhappy, but if you read the boards you already know the marketplace is not held in high regard anyway. One post I read asked "Where do you buy your singles ?" Answers looks something like this -- 90% eBay. 7% Naxcom, 2.5% Bidville and 0.5% BMP. Besides most of these members are just looking to pick stuff up cheap. These cheap members are not the clientele we are looking for anyway. But one never knows we have 21 million items up for sale in the BMP. They just might spring for something.

Joe see if you can get us some type of advertising on the left side of the message boards. If so many people read the posts it seem like a great place to have something for us. "Help keep these boards free -- Support our marketplace dealers" or some type of small banner. In the Beckett Sites box - get us a marketplace link. Maybe we can get more and more people to come back to the BMP.

We are going to see more competition from ebayers and eBay stores. Almost all of our local customers are eBay members and more are setting up eBay stores. We are seeing more and more of them listing everything including singles, before it was just the game used / autograph stuff, now its everything, Singles, Inserts ect... You can't stop them from this you can only compete against them, but we need some advantages, like the Beckett marketplace.

A quick look at the extra advertising included in the levels makes me think one could do better by working out of eBay and the boards. Can someone direct me to where some of the items we pay for in the deluxe and power levels, like items being listed for sale in the magazines, deluxe / power members cross promoted in all Beckett products? I will finally see my logo and name in the baseball book (I bought one of the baseball ads) I will stop here with this as I think I need to address this in private.

Also I don't want to see these "dealers" show up in the BMP, take down their info and turn them down if they apply for a storefront. Beckett, you will make more money by better supporting the dealers you have today.

If you can't beat them, join them. We are looking to set up a bigger singles operation on eBay. Sure its more work and money but you have to go where the customers are going. Hey, even Beckett sells on eBay.

Mike

VP
Ogden Sports Cards Group

Posted: 6/10/2005 10:06:50 PM / IP: Recorded

DickandJanes

Mike

GREAT IDEA .... Tile ads promoting the MP stores would be HUGE!!!

Sponsorship of message boards is common

Jacksonville FL

Posted: 6/11/2005 8:20:49 AM / IP: Recorded

Joe Davis

Total Posts: 67

I will ask about advertising / sponsorship of message boards,etc. Beth is on vacation for the next week and she would be the person to make this decision but I will follow up on it .

Joe Davis, BMP Board ,Marketing & Promotions

Posted: 6/11/2005 9:07:17 AM / IP: Recorded

blakeatlonestar

Total Posts: 1276

Joe, I wish you would also explore with Beth, the possibility of eliminating the links to other competitive sites...Bidville,Naxcom, Flea-Bay etc.
While, the folks who participate on the Beckett boards are most likely "Price-hunters", a large possibility exists that their point-of-view and rhetoric could turn away legitimate customers to the BMP....or could influence legitimate customers, through these links, to shop elsewhere.
If we are not allowed to promote our stores in this venue(and rightfully so), then the board contributors should not be allowed to promote other sites, in my opinion.

Posted: 6/11/2005 9:29:23 AM / IP: Recorded

blakeatlonestar

Joe, here is an exact quote on Beckett's Public Chatroom Policy:
" Member posts that are in violation of Beckett.com’s policy may be removed and the member suspended without warning. Violations include, but are not limited to:"

. "Advertising merchandise, services or commercial Web sites."

Advertising links to other commercial web sites a la: Flea-Bay, Naxcom and Bidville is in direct violation of Beckett's stated policy.

Now you have the ammo to get this stopped!!!

Blake

Posted: 6/11/2005 10:08:59 AM / IP: Recorded

CARD SHACK

Mike,
If your stats are correct, why would Beckett give these Flea's the right to do what they are doing? I'am not a pessimist by any neck of the woods, but we all know that the Fleabay mentality is very tough to get through in terms of steering them to the marketplace..Let's face it, a majority of the small sales on that site, dealer profits are all in the shipping fees..If their were better solutions to get them to us, I would be for it..

STEVE
CARD SHACK

Posted: 6/11/2005 10:13:00 AM / IP: Recorded

They probably didn't have the personnel to constantly monitor the boards.... then it just went out of control for so long... and now if things were to change to enforce the rules, it would create alot of bad blood.

Posted: 6/11/2005 1:17:12 PM / IP: Recorded

Jays Cards

Greg,

Screw 'em ... The ebay dealers do not buy from beckett or the MP ...

So why should we care if they are upset!

Jay's Cards
www.jayscards.com

Posted: 6/11/2005 3:31:10 PM / IP: Recorded

ogdensports2

Total Posts: 6

Steve,

I was trying to locate the post to reconfirm my numbers. I have not found it yet. But what I found makes me glad I don't sell wax on Beckett, If I did I would leave. The hell with a marketplace storefront, and Becketts 10%. I would run my wax off my personal website and advertise a group buy for "2005 xxxx" with a link to my private website. By my count a few guys are making some nice cash and not paying Beckett a dime.

700 a case x 6 cases x beckett's 10% = $420.00

We are waste our time asking for the commission to be lowered on wax when outside members are getting away 100% free. Remove your wax from the BMP and setup a new Beckett Id and hit Boards.

Beckett you need to totally remove these sellers from the boards. Delete these group buys and remove the links and such. You need to ban these seller's Id's and make sure they do not pop up in the BMP. A suspension would only be a slap in the face to any current dealer who lists wax for sale in the BMP.

Mike

Vp

Ogden Sports Cards Group

Posted: 6/11/2005 4:11:45 PM / IP: Recorded

blakeatlonestar

Greg, I think if Beckett gives a 30 day grace period to stop the links and then enforces it after that reasonable people should understand.

Posted: 6/11/2005 4:13:22 PM / IP: Recorded
Old June 12th 05, 08:09 AM

DickandJanes

Blake,

The guys breaking the rules are not customers ... why give them any breaks at all

The are stealing revenue from Beckett and every MP dealer

Jacksonville FL

Posted: 6/11/2005 4:21:25 PM / IP: Recorded

blakeatlonestar

Vince, from a PR standpoint(Beckett), they will create tremendous ill will if they put an immediate stop to it.
My inclination is to cut the offenders off tomorrow, but that would not be in Beckett's best interests.
We should bring the issue to Beckett's attention(which has been done)and let them find the best solution.
They will do what's right.

Posted: 6/11/2005 4:30:38 PM / IP: Recorded

DickandJanes

Blake,

Maybe, but ill will from those who want to steal beckett's money and customers is not a bad thing ...

I will bet ya even money "nothing" is done ...

I hope i am wrong ... this needs to stop!

Jacksonville FL

Posted: 6/11/2005 5:03:00 PM / IP: Recorded

GamesandCards.com

Total Posts: 100

I think beckett is still trying to figure out what to do with the thousands of members who simply use the message boards as a venue to spam their own "stuff" and pimp their own ebay auctions.

They are certainly aware of the freeloaders.

I wouldn't want to cut off thousands of visitors to my site. I would just have to come up with a way to profit off them (monthly usage fee, etc..)

Other than that, the reality is that the free message board users are such a low priority right now that who knows when that issue would be addressed. It is probably cheaper to leave them be - sucks for us.

MOO - arto

Arto Poladian - GamesandCards.com

Posted: 6/11/2005 5:15:26 PM / IP: Recorded

Jays Cards

Arto,

Money is being "stolen" away from Beckett's coffers and our stores ... That should make it more of a priority.

1) Stop the EASY links is a start ...

2) Warning the users is the next step ...

3) Restricting the posting privilege is doable and been done already

It’s simple to me

Jay's Cards
www.jayscards.com

Posted: 6/11/2005 9:05:03 PM / IP: Recorded
Old June 12th 05, 07:29 PM
BECKETTYBECKETT
external usenet poster

Greed is such a beautiful thing.

Old June 13th 05, 05:45 AM
BECKETTYBECKETT
external usenet poster

Posted: 6/11/2005 11:06:24 PM | IP: Recorded

mattm

Total Posts: 910

I for one have spent more money with Beckett due to
the message boards (e.g., ordering Beckett online
price guide).

If any of the BMP view this thread, you need
compeitive pricing, we (board members) definatley know
about Ebay, Naxcom, Bidville, Yahoo, Overstock, etc.
The fact that we sell cards we purchase in variable
sources usually provides funds to purchase additional
cards/boxes. I for one buy and sell and never pocket
the money, it all goes into a new product or card.

Posted: 6/11/2005 11:25:34 PM | IP: Recorded

ideal0024 - Dan Aliperto
Joe Mauer for ROY in '04!

Total Posts: 3601

I have now witnessed new lows in greed & whining.
Thanks for posting this, it reaffirms why I don't
waste my time searching the BMP.

One guy (DrBailey2) gets it, everyone else is, as Rich
so eloquently puts it, is an idiot.

-Dan
Email Me My Need Lists

Trading/Buying for all Joe & Jake Mauer cards, Robb
Quinlan RC's (2000 Bowman & Bowman Chrome #305) & Rick
Brosseau RC's (2001 Topps HD #97, Topps Gold Label #92
& TSC #167)

"If a man hasn't discovered something he would die
for, he isn't fit to live."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Baseball doesn't owe me a thing, I owe my whole life
to baseball."
- Kirby Puckett

Posted: 6/11/2005 11:36:28 PM | IP: Recorded

jsnpritchett

Total Posts: 2475

I give this thread about another 5 minutes before it's
deleted, locked, or both. That being said, I hope it
stays open.

Jason

FINDER'S FEE PAID FOR HELP ACQUIRING THESE JOHN LACKEY
CARDS! Click here to see what I currently need!
Thanks!

Posted: 6/11/2005 11:40:26 PM | IP: Recorded

Hama

Total Posts: 413

Wayne Bailey is definitely one of the top notch guys
I've ever dealt with. One of the great hockey dealers
out there.

email -

Posted: 6/11/2005 11:41:14 PM | IP: Recorded

ideal0024 - Dan Aliperto
Joe Mauer for ROY in '04!

Total Posts: 3601

----------------
On 6/11/2005 11:40:26 PM , jsnpritchett wrote:

I give this thread about another 5 minutes before it's
deleted, locked, or both. That being said, I hope it
stays open.

Jason
----------------

I'm surprised it lasted this long. I figured by the
time I was finished reading the post, when I hit
reply, it would have disappeared.

You're right though, could make for some interesting
conversation.

-Dan
Email Me My Need Lists

Trading/Buying for all Joe & Jake Mauer cards, Robb
Quinlan RC's (2000 Bowman & Bowman Chrome #305) & Rick
Brosseau RC's (2001 Topps HD #97, Topps Gold Label #92
& TSC #167)

"If a man hasn't discovered something he would die
for, he isn't fit to live."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Baseball doesn't owe me a thing, I owe my whole life
to baseball."
- Kirby Puckett

Posted: 6/11/2005 11:42:02 PM | IP: Recorded

Sean C
Beat me if you can, survive if I let you.

Total Posts: 9690

You want to here something really funny? I just spent
$150 with Lone Star sportscards last night (Rickie
Weeks autographed Donruss Champions card # 1 out of
10).

Link to my PSA collection (with a link to my PSA Set
Registry sets)
Help me keep track of great limited and #'d cards
pulled from packs! email auctions, scans, etc. to

jsj3322 and woot485 were shill bid ID's for zenimann
(zenimann89 on the Beckett boards). Read all about it
here!
Help Rockies Fan keep track of the 2001 Bowman Chrome
Pujols autographed rookies!

Posted: 6/11/2005 11:47:52 PM | IP: Recorded

Vincent LaGuardia Gambini
Phillies Phanatic

Total Posts: 9863

Well, there's about 15-20 dealers that I'm never going
to deal with again.

Shooting themselves in the foot...

Jeff

All kinds of neat stuff on eBay including one of 3
AFLAC Xfractors (more coming!), 5 AFLAC Chromes, and
25 AFLAC Bowman lots, GIO GONZALEZ RED HOT PROSPECT
AUTO 20/25, GIO GONZALEZ Elite Auto Blue Die Cut /50,
refractors and a lot more!

Posted: 6/11/2005 11:50:28 PM | IP: Recorded

Dave Courtney
Grand Olde Member

Total Posts: 4913

----------------
On 6/11/2005 11:47:52 PM , Sean C wrote:

10).
----------------

Of course you are assuming that you don't get the
proverbial "out-of-stock" excuse only to find the card
relisted on the BMP with a higher price.

I can only say that I have searched the BMP many times
and bought from it very little because the prices are
generally not competitive.

After reading that post, why would I buy from any of
those BMP dealers?

My Bidville store - lots of cheap stuff with $2
shipping for any amount of cards -

Always interested in Donruss Recollection Autos
(1981-1987)...

BA says he'll only be a fourth outfielder.... so send
all your Nate McLouth Rookies to me!

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:01:02 AM | IP: Recorded

jsnpritchett

----------------
On 6/11/2005 11:50:28 PM , Vincent LaGuardia Gambini
wrote:

Well, there's about 15-20 dealers that I'm never going
to deal with again.

Shooting themselves in the foot...

----------------

We rarely agree, Jeff, but I'm with you on this one.
I've made almost 40 different orders in the past
couple of years from the Beckett Marketplace,
including purchases from virtually every dealer who
posted in that thread. I don't think I'll be making
too many more in the future.

Jason

Thanks!

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:03:51 AM | IP: Recorded

jsnpritchett

----------------
On 6/12/2005 12:01:02 AM , Dave Courtney wrote:

those BMP dealers?
----------------

Oh, come on, Dave! You're clearly just saying that
because you have a link to your Bidville store in your
sig!

Jason

Thanks!

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:05:02 AM | IP: Recorded

mudflap02

Total Posts: 654

Sorry guys I had to post this using an anon ID. I
don't want Beckett pulling the plug on my reg just for
posting the truth.

IP address, bud. That being said, thanks for sharing
with us. I doubt the mods are on since they have hot
dates every saturday night, but I expect this thread
to be gone soon. It's not your fault for posting the
transscript, its the dealer's fault for being so
shortd=3Dsighted and posting all that.

They act like it's our privilege to buy from them,
when in fact it's the other way round.

--------------------------------------
PSA Nolan Ryans and Heritage Baseball

My WebPage

Looking for Topps Heritage Black Refractors /55 or /56
- please email me if you have one.

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:05:09 AM | IP: Recorded

BennyQ

Total Posts: 696

Edited: I wonder if the dealers who sold chrome
AFLAC's were upset that they got free advertising out
of what started as an eBay thread...

Smooth Trades: Sniper25, Wolfmanalfredo, Zackfeld52,
Tim, Cowboysrule48
Won't trade with again: Reeceoa

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over
if you just sit there.

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:08:28 AM | IP: Recorded

Sean C

Well guys, I think we need to let Beckett know that if
they implement the changes suggested by the
marketplace dealers that we will be leaving the boards
and boycotting Beckett products. Granted it won't be
too hard for me, since I don't buy the magazine, try
to avoid BGS cards when I can, and while I'll be sad
to leave these boards, the day that Jay's cards
dictates what I can and can't talk about in a hobby
forum is the day that I don't want to be a part of it
anyomre. I've never liked the marketplace (between the
constant "out of stock" issue on hot cards, the
overpriced singles, and poor shipping by most
dealers), but this takes the taco. Wanye is indeed a
great dealer and great guy. I'm sorry to see that he's
stuck in this mess

Granted the MP dealers probably aren't around to see
it in action, but I'd say that true SPAM posts are
down over 90% since Beckett started having board
moderators. If they want to see what true SPAM is
like, they should go over to the Topps board sometime.

You've gotta love the "FleBay" potshots. eBay is
probably the greatest thing to happen to this hobby
since the first Beckett priceguide and Ultra-Pro's
improvements on card protection. As pointed out in
their own post, even Beckett is selling cards on eBay
on consignment! The #1 rule in business fellas is
"Adapt or die", and these guys are on a joy-ride
straight into the La Brea tar pits. Hope they brought
enough .50 1988 Topps cards to read while they sink.

Registry sets)

here!

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:12:59 AM | IP: Recorded

Dave Courtney
Grand Olde Member

Total Posts: 4913

----------------
On 6/12/2005 12:05:02 AM , jsnpritchett wrote:

----------------

those BMP dealers?
----------------

Oh, come on, Dave! You're clearly just saying that
because you have a link to your Bidville store in your
sig!

Jason
----------------

Your on to me... my leftovers on Bidville will put the
entire BMP out of business muuwwwwaaaaahhhaaaaaahaaaaa

My Bidville store - lots of cheap stuff with $2
shipping for any amount of cards -

Always interested in Donruss Recollection Autos
(1981-1987)...

BA says he'll only be a fourth outfielder.... so send
all your Nate McLouth Rookies to me!

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:12:59 AM | IP: Recorded

Ryan Johnson aka Edmondsfan15

Total Posts: 3352

I haven't had the pleasure of buying anything off of
the BMP, but it looks like i don't want to any time
soon. I've seen a couple of nice cards, but they are
waaaaayyy over priced and don't include any pictures
either (always a big plus, at least for me). And from
what I've heard, I'd be wasting my time to even show
some interest in the card, as it'll be relisted at
twice the current price. I think I'll stick to the
usual places of business, as that =3D less hassle.

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:17:49 AM | IP: Recorded

Sean C

Nah, they already sent me a USPS Delivery Confirm #
and said the card was out the door. I got the "out of
stock" schtick when I tried to buy a George Mikan
autograph the other day. I reported that guy.

----------------

----------------
On 6/11/2005 11:47:52 PM , Sean C wrote:

10).
----------------

those BMP dealers?
----------------

Registry sets)

here!

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:17:54 AM | IP: Recorded

cub4life78

Total Posts: 1139

Dick and Jane? Never will I spend a dime with you. And
most others for that matter on BMP, bunch of babies is
what you are. As for the mentioning of group buy
threads being a problem, I would be more than happy to
set up a message board on my website so we can
continue. Email is in sig if interested. And another
word of wisdom for you MP sellers whining so bad about
it being "unfair", quit ripping people off, THAT'S why
you make no sales, not what's discussed on these
boards.

Terje R.
Help me get a new ipod! It REALLY works!
Visit my autograph section of my website!

Collecting any and all Cubs players, mostly auto's and
game used.

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:21:01 AM | IP: Recorded

Ryan Johnson aka Edmondsfan15

Total Posts: 3352

Here's my favorite quote...

"Besides most of these members are just looking to
pick stuff up cheap. These cheap members are not the
clientele we are looking for anyway. But one never
knows we have 21 million items up for sale in the BMP.
They just might spring for something."

Their whole marketing scheme =3D rip people off.

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:26:31 AM | IP: Recorded

BowmanChromeAddict

Total Posts: 3488

These guys are idiots. I've spent over $700 on the
marketplace this year. They didn't seem to be
complaining over my orders. Give me a fricking break.

Jim

MASSIVE EBAY SPAM: USA Autos & Jerseys from 2003 USA &
2004 SP Prospects! 2005 Bowman Jumbo 2 Box Lots!

The Newly Added 2003 Bowman Chrome Draft Gold
Refractor Set - #1 Finest Set!!! (atleast until other
people discover that I had this set added to the
registry)

My Trade & Want List
My email:

My AOL IM: BCDraftAddict

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:29:35 AM | IP: Recorded

cub4life78

Total Posts: 1139

If I had a sales person talk to me like that in a
store I'd punch him in his mouth (not really but you
get the idea), these guys are idiots as Dan and
eventually Rich will elude to.

Terje R.
Help me get a new ipod! It REALLY works!
Visit my autograph section of my website!

Collecting any and all Cubs players, mostly auto's and
game used.

Posted: 6/12/2005 12:30:33 AM | IP: Recorded

Previous Page | Next Page
Pages: 1

Navigation:
=BB Hobby-Talk =BB =BB Baseball =BB GREEDY MARKETPLACE
DEALER ****S

Old June 14th 05, 12:14 AM
Larry St. Cyr
external usenet poster

All they're going to do is drive collectors away from Beckett boards to
Sports Card Sheriff and Sports Card Forum. Sad.
"BECKETTYBECKETT" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old September 11th 05, 12:23 AM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Sep 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry St. Cyr
All they're going to do is drive collectors away from Beckett boards to
Sports Card Sheriff and Sports Card Forum. Sad.
"BECKETTYBECKETT" wrote in message
ups.com...
"The Rantings of a mid-30's collector"
By Me

Actually, the past tense would be more correct. Nearly all of the decent collectors/buyers have already been driven off of the BMB's. We already frequent other forums that are far more tolerable.

This is not to say that this should affect the BMP any differently, as most would have never bought from those dealers with their inflated prices to begin with.

The links and the Ebay spam are not & never were a problem for the BMP dealers. The true problem lies within. Price gouging, misrepresented items, unscrupulous sales tactics and all aroung smug attitudes are just some of the day to days that cause many to not only avoid the BMP, but we also like to spread the word for others and new collectors to stay away. Everyone knows that you can find the same items for 1/2 the price and 1/2 the headache on Ebay.

End of Rant.

Thanks