Rowe R-94 help with CD Combo

Old March 10th 06, 06:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default Rowe R-94 help with CD Combo

Hello group, once again...

Ok I got my manual now, working on a Rowe R-94 and I have error 23
(reset in closed state).
I have the following problems I need help/suggestions on:

1. Got the info on the reset button previously, need to order one.
Where can I order parts from? The internet does not seem to have good
links to parts for sale or dealers etc.

2. My "display" panel does not light up. I think I had been told that
if I have error 23 (reset in closed) that this could be keeping my
display panel from working. The only thing I am not sure about this is
that if I reset the error 23 my display still doesn't work at any time.
Eventually when using the reset button it will error 23 again so I am
not surprised it doesn't work then..

3. When trying to enter programming mode, I am holding down the
popular and entering the OOO. According to the manual I am expecting a
= to enter the 58 etc. I am not getting the = nor am I sure 000
(default) is really what is the ticket on my juke. Is there a way to
reset the 000 programming code to default so it goes back to 000 if it
were say something else (like 123 which I don't know about) ?

4. My "dancing CD/ball etc." in the middle does not work, does not
light up either. I am a but hesitant to buy the motor for this without
knowing that is what is wrong. I would feel better if the lights along
the top would at least come on, but they will not. I have not any of
the bulbs (yet) so I guess there is a chance that they are all burnt
out, although this seems unlikely. Anyone have any suggestions on what
to do on this one?

5. My CD combo was working great when I brought my jukebox home. I
have the Sony 6 disc changer. For some reason, I put 3 new cd's in the
system, did the "hold down reset/memorec/err0/clear error, 777 but for
some reason it will only play the first couple of seconds of each of
the 3 cd's I have installed for the FIRST song only. Disc 1/first
song, disc 2/first song, disc 3/first song and then it quits like it is
done. I can then select "5001" and it will play just fine, same with
5101, 5201. But if I hit 5002 for instance nothing happens. When I
first got the unit home from the auction the 777 worked fine and would
go through all songs. One caveat perhaps, the CD I have in slot "50"
has 20 songs on it, could this be the culprit keeping it from cycling
all the way through? Also never noticed (but wasn' looking) but the
"continue" button is squashed down on the front of the cd changer. Is
this normal or by design? It doesn't help that I cannot see the
display panel due to my problem with the reset button/display panel as
mentioned above as they maybe would give me more info??

Sorry for so many questions, I just think this thing is the coolest so
I want it to be right

Thanks for any help in advance..
~Tim

Old March 11th 06, 05:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

The problem you're describing in #3 is EXACTLY what happened to my R-91
about a week ago. It worked previously, but then it wouldn't operate. I
went to service mode, and held down the popular key and 000....and didn't
get the prompt. Since I don't know enough about the unit, I decided to
take the "turn it off and back on" a step further. I've had bad connector
issues before on other Rowe boxes, so I pulled the connectors off the CCC
board, and took the CCC out of it's plastic housing. There is insulation
on the back of the CCC board, and it was crumbling apart, and felt
somewhat damp, which can't be a good thing. I cleaned all the junk off the
back of the board, put it back together, and reconnected everything.
And you guessed it....it worked. So I guess it was either a bad connector,
or that insulation junk was causing a problem, or magic. Whatever it was,
it's fixed for now. I still get the 23 error on power up, but I figure I
must have held the reset key down to long, and the computer saves the last
error, and shows it on power up. That's just a guess, but it's not causing
any problem. There may be a way to clear old errors stored in memory, I
just haven't worried about it.
Good luck with your problem.

Old March 12th 06, 12:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

In the service mode, type "699" and press popular to clear all error
codes stored in memory. BTW, a used mousepad makes a great replacement
for the old deteriorated insulation...

Thomas
absolutelygreatgames.com

Old March 12th 06, 12:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Tim, look back about two or three weeks of posts. I answered somebody
else regarding how to reset the service code back to 000. The lights
to your display are burned out (replace ALL- they are wired in pairs.
When one burns out it will cause two lights not to light). Assuming you
have voltage to it, your animation motor needs to be replaced. It is
long past its expected life expectancy.

Thomas
absolutelygreatgames.com