A Poll for Philatelic Webmasters. Please give your opinion.

Old January 27th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default A Poll for Philatelic Webmasters. Please give your opinion.

Hi all,

Please let us know on this newsgroup what you prefer:

A. To participate in a potential competition organized by the International
Philatelic Federation (FIP)?

- The rules are those established by the FIP, the jury is decided by the
FIP, the members of the jury can participate in the competition.
- The results are announced at an international philatelic competition and
on the FIP site.
- The basic preconditions for the participations we a participating fee
($25), membership in a national philatelic organization (affiliated with the
FIP).
- For more info on the past FIP websites competitions and on their future,
as seen by the organizers of the past ones:
http://www.f-i-p.ch/competitions/awards.htm
http://www.f-i-p.ch/competitions/competition-cxld.htm
http://www.pwmo.org/articles/fip-award2002.htm
http://www.norbyhus.dk/fipliterature/newsletter105.html

B. To participate in a future competition organized by the Philatelic
Webmasters Organization (see the link in the signature)?

- The rules will be established by the participants, the jury will be
elected by the participants, its members cannot participate in the current
competition (but could exhibit in a Court of Honor) - all opened to
discussion.
- The results will be announced to the philatelic press worldwide, and on
the PWO site.
- No fees, no particular membership required (my personal preferences,
opened to discussion).

C. To participate in other competitions, that you are invited to specify.

Notes:

- Only philatelic webmasters (i.e. those who have created philatelic sites)
should vote but any opinion is welcome
- Please put a link to at least one of your philatelic websites in your
signature
- You are invited to comment your reasons to participate or not, and where,
but this is not mandatory
- It is just a poll, not a (pre)registration :-)
- You are free to express your preferences for just one proposal or for
several of them (please specify)

For obvious reasons I will express my preference(s) at the end of the poll.

The closing of this poll is set to: Sunday, February 19, 2006, 11:59:59 CET.

If there aren't serious objections, I will repost this invitation on each
Friday, till the closing date, and then I'll summarize.

Please let know other philatelic webmasters about this poll. Thanks in
advance to all.

--
Victor Manta
PWO

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/

"Al G." wrote in message
Why does PWO need a partner to hold a web site competition? Does the
partner add legitimacy, money, effort, or something else.

Old January 27th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

A. Awards by recognized agencies (in this case FIP)seem to carry more value
but may not especially when the award is for an area outside of their
expertise. Also, restrictions on who may enter make these competitions
elitist in nature.

B. Awards by a peer group provide superior recognition.

C. See B.
--
Bill Lehr
JOBI Philatelic Services