Rock Ola Rocket CD Jukebox sound problems

Old February 12th 06, 06:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default Rock Ola Rocket CD Jukebox sound problems

Won a Rock Ola CD jukebox at an auction and got it home and wife put
all the music she wanted in it and started it up. Whenever you select a
song as soon as the CD player begins spinning the disk up a fairly loud
hummm comes thru the speakers. Checked it over and found nothing wrong
visually. Connected the jukebox CD player thru my home stereo amp and
speakers and played it and it worked fine. Talked to Rock Ola in
California and he said the amp was bad so sent it in and got another.
Got it, installed it and got same results. Anyone have any ideas cause
I'm lost here and haven't found anyone in Minnesota who repairs or
services

Thanks

James

Old February 13th 06, 12:49 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

You don't say what model Rocket? Which player? What color amp, black,
red. or orange? When you hooked it to your home stereo, did you just
extend the wire that go into the amp? or did you pull it from somewhere
else?
Check plugs thatgo into amp for backed out or loose pins. Clean RCA
plugs that go into amp, make sure ground ring is tight. Sad to say,
just because it came from factory, that there isn't a problem with amp.
I get an occasional bounce back to. Your choices, 1- you just spent a
ton of money with Rockola (curious, did you deal diectly with yhem? or
go through a distributor? 2- Email me with answers to my questions and
I will try to help. 3- Easiest way for me (I hate yping and playing 20
questions) cll me at 215-637-2869 EST evenings btw 7pm and 11pm. (any
day), best to do while standing in front of machine.
Charlie

Rockola Rocket 2 model 5500x cd jukebox jgreen Juke Boxes 1 November 21st 05 03:59 PM
Sound problems with my Rockola Legend Alex Juke Boxes 1 October 9th 05 11:56 PM
sound problems dixiedog Juke Boxes 1 August 20th 05 11:58 PM
Rowe R-84 Hum and Sound Problems Paul Smith Juke Boxes 4 December 11th 03 12:42 AM
F.S. ROCKOLA MODEL 5500 CD "ROCKET" JUKEBOX thevidkid Juke Boxes 0 November 17th 03 05:20 PM