Pen That Can Take Pilot G-2 Refill

Old July 22nd 05, 05:32 AM
Surinder Singh

Default Pen That Can Take Pilot G-2 Refill

Hi Everyone:

I want to get a decent, but not too expensive pen which can hold a G-2
refill. I like this beauty of a refill.

Essentially I want a pen that is not expensive ( $30, preferably $20).
I want something that is modern, contemporary and simple. I do not like
heavy pens, something light. I have the ExecuGel from Pilot; I like it but
the grip is too slim and too slippery. I do not like the Waterman
Philleas; the cap is bulbous and the pen is so gaudy. Something simple
like a Tombow would be nice. Anyone tried a NextPen? It can take a G-2,
and looks light and simple and inexpensive.

Thanks.

-S

By the way, on this newsgroup I had asked a question seeking advice for a
good Ball-Pen that can take a Parker Gel refill. Someoene (I think it
might have been Bluesea) gave excellent advice to get the Schmidt Blue Ice
pen. That is one hell of a nice pen and light and decent. It didn't cost
me an arm and leg either. So a suggestion like that would welcome.

Old July 22nd 05, 06:54 PM
*david*

Doesn't the G2 refill fit most places that a regular Schmidt rollerball
refill fits?

Old July 23rd 05, 03:19 AM
Virtual Gordon

I believe that the Pilot G-2 and Schmidt 888 refills are interchangeable.

Gordon

Old July 24th 05, 07:00 PM
Surinder Singh

"*david*" wrote in message
oups.com...

Doesn't the G2 refill fit most places that a regular Schmidt rollerball
refill fits?

Well, in that case you might have to suggest which pens take Schmidt ?

Thanks.
-s

Old July 24th 05, 07:02 PM
Surinder Singh

"Virtual Gordon" wrote in message

I believe that the Pilot G-2 and Schmidt 888 refills are interchangeable.

Do you know which pens take the Schmidt 888?

Thanks.
-s

Old July 24th 05, 10:07 PM
*david*

Sorry about that - I use rollerballs so little that I don't want to
give false information.
But what I meant to say was that this is kind of a semi-standard size,
that has a good chance of fitting many pens.

I do know for sure that it *won't* fit Parker or Sheaffer, both of
which have their own unique designs.

I seem to remember that a G2 fit in a Rotring for me once, but it was a
long time ago and I could be wrong. And many Rotrings are either heavy
or funny-looking, which I suspect you didn't want.

Old July 25th 05, 03:02 AM
Virtual Gordon

I would suggest asking the fine folks at Swisher Pens. They would probably
know and it wouldn't surprise me if they had something in stock.

http://www.swisherpens.com/index.html

Gordon

Old July 25th 05, 07:56 PM
Stephen Epstein

"*david*" wrote in message
ups.com...

[snip]
I do know for sure that it *won't* fit Parker or Sheaffer, both of
which have their own unique designs.

I must somewhat disagree - I have been using G-2 refills in a Sheaffer
Balance II roller ball pen for a couple of years. Yes, it does need to be
trimmed about 1/4 inch shorter, but otherwise fits well.

SteveE

Old July 25th 05, 10:54 PM
*david*

Stephen Epstein wrote:
"*david*" wrote in message
ups.com...

[snip]
I do know for sure that it *won't* fit Parker or Sheaffer, both of
which have their own unique designs.

I must somewhat disagree - I have been using G-2 refills in a Sheaffer
Balance II roller ball pen for a couple of years. Yes, it does need to be
trimmed about 1/4 inch shorter, but otherwise fits well.

Excellent! Glad to be wrong.

I think my mistake is that Sheaffer has made more than one size of
rollerball.

David

Old July 27th 05, 07:38 PM
Bluesea

"Surinder Singh" wrote in message
[...]

I suggest that you google this group for a reply by Jeff in 2003 to "Cross
Rollerballs" in which he provided a response from Pilot that listed all the
pens that the G2 fits.

Glad you like the Schmidt although I don't recall making the suggestion.

--
~~Bluesea~~ I've slept since then.